Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Looking for goons to play with on PS4! I'm an EU goon (GMT +1) but I can do some games at night and during weekends.

Feel free to add me PSN is Guillermus_

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm only level 8 and I'm loving this game. So far I've been rocking the R201 and CAR SMG. Also trying to get a feel for the magnetic GL and charge Rifle for some anti-titan action. How are late-unlock weapons compared to the starting ones?

Looking for goons to play with! PSN: Guillermus_

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I love Tone and Scorch. I don't know how to use Ion to be honest and sometimes I suck with Northstar. Tone was my jam in SP and it is on MP and Scorch is great to kill pilots that think they're safe inside buildings.

I unlocked early the R97 and holy poo poo it feels like an upgrade from the base SMG, drat fun and tears through people up close. Still have to unlock the flatline but the R201 is decent enough. I seem to do really well with the base LMG with stim pack to leg it when things get hairy.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fuzz posted:

I made a PS4 Community for this so we can all find each other and group up a little easier instead of trading PSNs on here. If you have me as a friend it's called Goonfall 2.

Awesome! Sent a request. Looking forward to rub my face against walls with goons.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Bulletstorm guy has a special attack where he kills your dick.

Correction, Grayson Hunt calls Waggleton P. Tallylicker as reinforcement :hellyeah:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lumpy posted:

I'll message you the name / invite you to the PSN community we already have so you can join that one too.

I'm on TitanFall 2 Goons and Goonfall 2, is there any other? I'm interested on joining all I can so I can find night matches (EU) with evening US goons. PSN is Guillermus_

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gonna stay a few hours online playing this on PS4 if anyone feels like joining. I want to level up more and unlock more cool stuff! PSN: Guillermus_

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Do factions matter in any way other than the NPC that talks to you on MP? I see I'm level 4 with marauders but I don't see getting a thing from factions.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

They determine what banners and stuff you get from advocate gifts I think. But yeah they don't do anything really.

Thanks! So is just a personal preference as I don't really care about banners and that shizzle.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The few times I've played BH my team got stomped over and over. I guess that I faced a proper team because we bately hit 600-700$ and tgw other team was way over 1500. I don't know how to play BH so that helps too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Also here's a cool guy that doesn't crack under pressure

http://i.imgur.com/g9U0YHY.gifv

This is pure gold. That guy hashad balls of steel before you disintegrated them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I didn't know that you could customize controls completely and was using jumper pilot layout, now I jump with L1 and crouch with R3 (like CoD tactical's layout). I can jump, slide and aim at the same time wich is an improvement.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Come on, an EU goon wants to join other goons, so make goon groups great again!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

More the merrier

I'll start a PS messages chat thread feel free to post or PM me your PSN. FYI you can mute the convos

Add me too, PSN: Guillermus_

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 22, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

mentalcontempt posted:

Mentalcontempt on PS4 (I just started playing, fair warning)

No worries, I'm in the twenties and just with one goon is enough to win most of the matches.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Still a long way to go but, is there any point on "regenerate" a gun? It gives a screen that displays lifetime XP but I don't think that I care for that to reset my progression on a weapon.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mordja posted:

Weapons regen automatically and their progression never resets, even if you lose access to it after regening your pilot.

Oh cool, so it's not prestiging on old CoD games where you reset all your weapons and unlocks.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I only "prestiged" in CoD because it gave extra loadout slots and that was the only thing I wanted. Anything useful for regen or just pure cosmetic items?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It invested him with the confidence to throw 'nades at the ground.

I'm no pro at TF2 and in other FPS I usually throw grenades to the ground or against a wall before going out of a building because most pubbies will follow you trying to get the frag. I call it poo poo grenades and they love to step over them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I didn't know Hyper animated stuff on this game. Now I appreciate more this because that guy is amazing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wazzit posted:

No titans in sight and I've got a core to burn

http://i.imgur.com/9QkIzji.gifv

"gently caress it, enjoy"

http://i.imgur.com/pWOCoWy.gifv

this one is a prequel, not a soft reboot to the clip in my last post.

http://i.imgur.com/rNBusKA.gifv

It can sound wrong but I'm in love with your gifs. All of my gameplay moments are on foot quake style.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just as I came back from a long 25 day work trip with just my phone and lovely games and they add a 3rd weapon slot :woop:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Takes 10 seconds for me to join a game in EU. I've played only 42h of this game but it seems that it has a healthy community.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I can't play titanfall without jumping on L1 (same goes for Doom on PS4). Otherwise you can't walljump and shoot properly.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I played last night for the first time in two months because of moving and job.

Is there an easy list of what got nerfed and is useless now and what should I newbie (still am!) like me should be using? Perks being poo poo and that stuff.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'd love some kind of PvE mode. This game is so drat fun that a pure co-op mode would just add more, give me some kind of town to defend from an army and a bounty system where the money you put in the bank goes towards defenses or weapons or something.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So yes, TF2 is my favourite FPS of 2017. I suck at it but is so drat fun.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I found Tone underwhelming in FD. The weapon is great against titans but little enemies annoy me a lot. That doesn't happen as Scorch because :flame:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm in love with FD and I only played regular difficulty ones. Got to kill 44 titans and be the titan slayer with Sorch. Loving how you can level up weapons and stuff for normal MP and hell, people seem to play as a team more often.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Racked up over 100 kills with sentry turret on Homestead. Suck it noobs

I was about to be smug about getting 78 kills but looks like someone stole that privilege.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't really like Legion overall (got it to lvl 10 iirc) and I'm more of a fan of Scorch and Monarch for F_D. Scorch is so drat good for general killing since you can just rain fire around corners and let the enemies just walk into your fire.

I still have to try Northstar, Ion and Ronin (doubt that this one is good for F_D at least for me).

Edit: To anyone having problem with drones as Scorch, use your flame shield and just stay on their flying path, they melt instantly.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It may be that I'm a bad player but didn't really notice the AR nerf that much as I just started to use the spitfire and Devotion more. Also the L-Star is quite good for that starting wave on F_D.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I might just be misunderstanding what you are saying, but none of those are assault rifles...

Sorry, I meant that from what I've used (R-201 and Flatline) the nerf doesn't look that bad. Then the thing I was trying to point is that lately (both F_D and normal MP) I leaned towards LMGs when I needed more range. LMG's are great for F_D and hell, I never used the thunderball and now I'm in love, it builds titan meter drat fast and it's nice against tics and drones.

My only gripe with TF2 progression now that did regen for the first time last night, is that the game should give you more credits to buy stuff earlier. I understand that they give a few credits from 1 to 50 so you just save them and unlock stuff more naturally, but once you regen, you should get more and just get your favourite stuff faster.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I just played my first hard F_D on Rise and I got to play with some crazy dudes rocking all improved auto titan, zipping around with anti titan weapons and they were crazy effective. I wonder if this a really viable tactic for F_D since the AI just follow paths and you can do serious poo poo with the ball-o-lightning weapon and placing titans in good spots.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ularg posted:

Welp I just found out Pyre is out so instead of buying prime titans or weapon camos I'm gonna go play Pyre y'all.

That's a mistake. Nothing like charging a laser core and destroying 7 titans lined up in F_D.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The campaign is fantastic and teach you the basics about movement, weapons and titan kits.

At this point, there should be only two big franchises, and both published by EA, Battlefield and Titanfall since Call of Duty went to absolute poo poo but I guess that the screaming 13 year old are legion and it'll keep selling millions of copies.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

General Morden posted:

where's the titanfall 2 goon discord

https://discord.gg/n6KxWq

Edit: Instead of double posting, what are good loadouts for Tone, Northstar and Ion for F_D? I'm Aegis rank 12 on scorch, 4 on Monarch (running Overcore/Survival and Arc rounds/Energy field/XO-16 accelerator) and lower on the rest and I want to try some more stuff.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 30, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Anyone tried the SMR in F_D? I tried that weapon before before patch and wasn't impressed and now it tears everything apart even titans, it deals a poo poo ton of damage and I'm using it like an assault rifle against anything that moves.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

At the other hand I've played War Games like twice. 90% of my matches are on blackwater canal, Rise and homestead.

Back to weapon chat: I love grenadier weapons. I barely used them on regular MP and I regret that. So far the softball and SMR are my favourite. I'm leveling like crazy by just leaving my titan with improved assault chip in a good spot and blasting stuff on easy/regular difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As long as I can shot the SMR forever I'm fine with finite anti titan ammo.