Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Is there a way to unlock executions without paying credits for them? Do they show up as advocate gifts every now and then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Emron posted:

I never played TF1 or any fast time to kill shooters prior to this one. I'm doing ok every round until titans come out, then I tend to fall off. Are there any general tips for someone new? I've been using CAR, charge cannon, ticks, gravity star, and stim with Tone, though I like Scorch and Northstar.

I don't know where crit spots are, that kind of thing. I just try to jump around like a cool wall running moron and shoot guys before running/jumping some more.

The crit spots glow red when a Titan's shield is down. Usually it's somewhere on the front of the torso, although the exact shape varies by model.

Also, the floor is lava. Your dude actually accelerates by running on walls, and you can maintain that momentum by jumping between walls and bunnyhopping along the ground.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone have tips on taking out Legion as Ronin one-on-one? He seems to be as close to a hard counter to Ronin as it gets. I've been trying to use the phase dash to get behind him for some cheeky swording, but he backs up to quickly and I've already burned my dashes trying to close the distance while he magdumps on me.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Alternatively, don't play Ronin

Not an option.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

Give it a shot. If you buy on steam you can play for two hours before requesting a refund, which should let you try the game out.

It ain't on Steam. :sigh: Shame EA are such pricks, having a gigantic TITANFALL 2 splash image in the Steam store would bump up the player count quite a bit.

victrix posted:

Cluster owns? Kill all the pilots everywhere. Cluster tethered titans.

Northstar owns

Both of these statements are accurate.

EDIT: That said I feel like her sniper gimmick and flight gimmick could have been two separate Titans. Give the flying one the quad rockets from T1 and the ability to dash while hovering. :black101:

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 3, 2016

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Orabilis posted:

If you get the pilot version it'd probably work the same way for shotguns. Is it worth giving up the stim for?

It's kinda tough to use offensively unless you're really good as guessing where they'll go while you're blind to them. That said it is an incredible get-out-of-jail-free card if you use it defensively. Getting shot at? Phase out and round a corner. Titan you're rodeoing popped electric smoke? Phase out and instantly get away.

But the real reason everybody should use it is that it's the best player model in the game. Does a robot really need a scarf? No, but they look baller as hell when they do:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Whoever designed Crash Site should be forced to do nothing but play that map over and over again until they starve to death.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

I wish there were more paint jobs that weren't just different camouflage patterns. I want Ronin to have some racing stripes, dammit.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Plus I mean attrition is the best game mode anyway

It's mind boggling that it was never meant to be in this game in the first place and I'm glad they listened to everyone complaining and added it

Until they add AI bots to other game modes I'm literally never going to play anything but Attrition. Bring back classic Hardpoint please.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Respawn posted:

In addition to the free stuff, we will be opening a store in game with the launch of DLC #1 that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it. These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic. We will have two Prime Titans available at launch. They have new chassis and assassinations but function the exact same way as their original counterparts.

:yeah:

I wonder how hard they had to fight EA for this.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 22, 2016

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I wish Northstar had any of the kit I used to run with the railgun in the first game. Particle wall, multi target missiles or damage core would be awesome. Flight core makes zero sense, I really wish it was more like the amped railgun with a quick or even instant charge up.

I've said it before, but I think Northstar's sniper gimmick and flight gimmick should have been two separate Titans. Maybe give the flying one the quad-rockets from T1 and then give the sniper some sort of active camouflage or something.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

I am catching up but I just want to say the Archer is really loving good in this game since it has huge range, tracking ability and a massive amount of damage on strike. Yes it can be avoided, those are the tradeoffs. Use it when an enemy is distracted fighting friendly titans. AMP it for oodles of damage and quick build meter.

Just regened so I can't test it myself, but after you get a solid tone can you point it upwards and arc it over buildings? I remember doing a Javelin impression got me a lot of otherwise-impossible hits in T1.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's incredible to me how many people just keep shooting at Ion when she has her shield up. Especially Legion and Tone. :psyduck:

Haha, I never noticed that Ion actually shoots the arm off with her shoulder laser rather than just tearing it off. That's awesome. :black101:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

il serpente cosmico posted:

Is there any chance we'll get a proper horde mode in this down the line?

I'd say it's almost a guarantee. T1's Frontier Defense was a hell of a good time with sniper Spectres, suicide Spectres, and artillery Titans, I can only imagine what fun AI opponents they can add now with Reapers and Stalkers.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The Angel City trailer is here and, predictably, the new Prime Executions make the regular ones look pathetic and weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6hViuy3kc

Gonna rock that Prime Scorch forever.

Love that grapple on the old girl, btw. Looks fun.

My only worry is that I won't be able to change the colors on the Prime titans. Want to rock my Excalibur Chrome on that Scorch, would be beastly.

Unfff that wall-run chain. gently caress I missed Angel City.

EDIT: At 0:45 what is that pilot carrying on his back? New anti-Titan weapon? Oh they're playing capture the flag. :doh:

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 29, 2016

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

As part of the Tone adjustments, Ronin's Phase Dash and Phase Reflex now removes Tone's Lock-On markers.

Not only did Tone get nerfed, she just got a hard counter. Oh poo poo yeah. :getin:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

drat dude, you almost never try to make it to the dropship, do you?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Idea for fixing Tone: Maybe require four hits to lock on the missiles rather than three?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Moola posted:

Tone needs to be

It's like there's nothing you can do about that joke. It's just coming and you have to stand there.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 1, 2016

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

CaptCommy posted:

Here's a cool trick a friend linked me. Huck a gravity star at an exploding titan:

http://i.imgur.com/XX1elYV.gifv

Now try it on a Titan going nuclear. :unsmigghh:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

I'm getting a kick out of people referring to the individual titans as "he" and "she" and not "it."

:shrug: I just go by what the AI voice sounds like. I do miss Sid, Jeeves and Vanessa from T1 though.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Volcanic Vents posted:

I got the banner "The Drop" and now I remember that sometimes on TF1 you'd drop in in one of those bounty hunt/attrition AI drop pods and now I miss that and would pay money to start matches that way

That was only in one campaign mission, but yeah it owned and needs to make a return if they bring Demeter back. Also the Wargames intro where you booted up the VR machine was sweet too.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Snuffman posted:

Missed opportunity. Crash site should open with both sides crashing in escape pods.

I mean really.

Only if includes a scratchy, garbled "The 6-4 is a family!" over the radio.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Northstar's really starting to grow on me, actually. Her railgun really ought to be hitscan but there's nothing more satisfying than one-shotting an overconfident doomed Titan from across the map. :hellyeah:

Plus, you can make her look like Mike Wazowksi:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

What does extra ammo even do on the LSTAR? Make it so it doesn't overheat as quickly?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What!?! So you mean I can just stack up turrets or a swarm of ticks if I was so inclined?

Yeah, there are videos of people setting up entire firing squads of anti-pilot turrets in front of evac dropships. It's glorious.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

IronDoge posted:

At the bottom left there'll be a indicator for your boost and tickboxes next to it if it has more than one use. They ticks will stack up as you acquire more.

Only annoying thing is that you can only use them in the reverse order you recieve them. So if you use the random boost (like me) you have to use the completely useless phase rewind to get to the good stuff.

efb

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Imagined posted:

My almost-four year old son sitting on my knee watching me play: "You could go fast."
*I get killed*
[He sighs] "I told you to go fast."

Your family is almost as adorable as the 6-4's. (but slightly less arse-kicking)

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

A lightning-themed Titan with the Arc Cannon from T1 could be cool. His core could be something like the shock Titans from Frontier Defense, just becoming a Pikachu-esque ball of lightning that zaps the poo poo out of everyone around him.

E: Oooh, and his secondary could be a harpoon taser that yanks enemy Titans into his cannon's range Scorpion-style. GET OVER HERE

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Hackan Slash posted:

Ion's extra damage from vortex shield only buffs the damage from hitscan. The only titan weapon it affects is Legion's chaingun. Probably not worth it.

Ah poo poo, is this true? Might be time to switch back to the refraction lens, that thing melts Ronins who get too cheeky.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Tell me your secrets, Legion players. His close range mode seems so weak, yet long range feels so fiddly!

As far as I'm aware, close-range and long-range mode do the same amount of damage per bullet, but the long-range mode is more accurate at the expense of eating twice as much ammo.

Also, Ion is your hard counter. Never go against her alone.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Should've added grunts etc. to the other game modes besides Attrition and Bounty Hunt like in 1, I definitely would have played more modes if they did that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Trip report: people still absolutely fall for the holopilot. :allears: