Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If any other Ausgoons are hunting for a cheap PC copy, Ozgameshop has Titanfall 2 Origin codes for $35AU. They're out of stock at the moment, but if you keep an eye on it they'll probably be back soon enough.

Also this new Origin client is a chuggy piece of poo poo, and I absolutely loathe the loving thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

quite stretched out posted:

are you part of the lljk network? could always use more people when matchmaking in aus haha

Not yet, but I will join. I saw it in the OP and thought it was for US players.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
BT is a fun character :allears:. I also just did the level everyone seems to like talking about the Time-travel facility testing the Fold-Space weapon.

Confirmed. I am 50% In Love :awesomelon:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hixson posted:

Yeah man. That mission was really neat.

This game 100% owns

also, the Tone is easily the best titan right?

I was kinda expecting (and a little disappointed at being proven wrong by) the explosion destroying the facility not being Jack's fault. If you're gonna show a facility destroyed in the future and intact in the past, it should be caused by your own time travel shenanigans, dammit! :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Origin, why the gently caress do you need to sit and time out just loading my goddamn game library? Does EA have no understanding of client-side processing?

I just wanna play Titanfall 2, dammit. :negative:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I love the way the Ronin does its Execution as a one-handed slice with the other arm behind its back. Just going full Robot Samurai :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm quite liking the Northstar, I just wish it wasn't exclusively focused around Titan-sniping. It really needs something to panic-shoot Pilots with.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ringo Star Get posted:

I picked this up for PC during the Black Friday sale and accidentally linked it to an older Origin account I had. Is there anyway to merge accounts and get rid of one or am I boned?

Also, this is my first "fast FPS" on the PC. I played a shitload of Halo and COD on the 360 in the past ten years. It's wildly different than what I've seen on the console videos. Any tips? I turned down my mouse sensitivity to help with keeping my shots well-placed and made one of my mouse bumpers crouch so far.

Name so far is CgPallaeon. I usually go by Sigma One on everything.

The floor is lava.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Origin, why must you give me a loving 9:0 error every time you want to update? I just wanna drop some Titans :sigh:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Senethro posted:

What does "Additional balancing to Tone" even mean?

It's now Pitch-Perfect :haw:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gunder posted:

How has Tone been since the patch? I was getting pretty bored with her being The Best Titan.

Still the best gun-totin' 50-ton lady, far as I can tell.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Moola posted:

nobody cares apart from some stupid lizard person at EA

It's a stupid idea anyway, because it splinters an already-small playerbase.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxyclean posted:

I'm glad I picked this up on sale - I was holding back because I had just gotten BF1 and barely found time to play that. Campaign was surprisingly enjoyable. Started to dig into MP - I played some Titanfall 1 so I think I'm familiar with the basics, but is there any general tips and tricks in regards to loadouts / unlocks, leveling and etc?

The Tone is not a front-line brawler, it's the rear end in a top hat behind them plugging away while their target is distracted by the front-liners. Pick a spot, set down your shield, pop Sonar, and plug whatever you see with the 40mm cannon.

The Alternator is a pretty good SMG to start with, especially once you unlock run-and-gun for it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I wasn't expecting to see a goddamn Farscape quote in the Eject messages :stare:.

(Wait for the Wheel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbvNQSNDx3Y

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Ah ok so it's not me then.

So far on PS4 I'm seeing a huge influx of Ronin and Northstar. Ronin currently seems like the most popular Titan. He definetly seems more lethal now. Played with him for a while last night and did pretty good but he's still too frail for my liking. People seem to be doing well with him. I don't laugh when I see him without a legion anymore. Northstar still seems incredibly easy to blow into a million pieces while she barely gets a hit in on you though.

Give it Nuclear Eject and use the frailty to your advantage. It's not like you're gonna leave a Ronin on Auto-Titan.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Knifegrab posted:

I have been assimilated. I only use tone now. All is well in the world. Tone here.

Welcome to the harmonious chorus, friend. :toot:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuclear Eject and the Reinforced Shield, for preference.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I never get tired of sniping ejecting Pilots out the air. Don't always manage it, but damned if I won't aim up and take a potshot or two.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mailer posted:

That's usually what it winds up being and it's not bad at that or anything. Most of my problems stem from not being able to flip a 180 like that and spend the phase time running the other way, so either they see a curving trail and follow or the trail goes straight towards them and they back up. Check your PC privilege!

Speaking of which, where the hell is my free weekend of PC privilege, EA? I installed Origin for this poo poo. :/

Starts in a couple of hours, apparently.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hackan Slash posted:

I took this clip of an enemy phase shifting because of the uncertainty of whether there's a trail while shifted.

It looks to me that there's no trail while shifted, there's a small trail when you unshift, and some sparkles stay for a bit in the area you first shift.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hackan%20Slash/video/24114564

When you Shift, there's a scattering of sparkles in the direction you were headed. A good way to keep a bead on a Ronin is to back off and guess at where he'll likely pop out again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grey Fox posted:

I'm getting a kick out of people referring to the individual titans as "he" and "she" and not "it."

Me too :allears:. I just wish their voicepacks were a shade more conversational like BT's, just because he's meant to be a bog-standard Vanguard Titan instead of something special. I do like in-story the AI's are treated as characters too instead of just vehicles with personality. That poor Marvin just wanted his arctool and you had to go make him cry by taking it :ohdear:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

I mean, the titans have AI and gendered voices so it makes sense.

Really wish they'd let us pick OS voice language again, assuming they even recorded non-English dialogue for those.

They'd have to redo lines, as all of them are specifically tailored to their respective Titan's loadout. "Recommend Particle Wall", stuff like that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wildtortilla posted:

PC/...North America? I was in the ADV group then switched to Giant Bomb and games are joining much faster now. I'm an idiot trying out the free weekend and there's a lot of stuff to figure out. I feel vulnerable out of Overwatch's welcoming embrace.

Stick with Grapple for easy Rodeo'ing (climbing onto Enemy Titans to rip a Battery out) and try using an SMG (the Alternator is AMAZING) or the Shotgun to run-and-gun with, rather than COD'ing your way slowly with an assault rifle.

Swap the Charge Beam for the Magnetic Grenade Launcher. The grenades home towards Titans, so it's a lot easier to handle, and does good damage per hit.

Titanfall 2 is all about staying on the move and remembering the golden rule;

The Floor is Lava.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm trying to stay on the move as best as I can. I haven't played a game like this since Black Ops 1 years ago. Not sure I still like this style of insane chaos in every direction.

Learn to read the combat alerts on the radar. Generally fights cluster around one or maybe two spots on a map at any time, so there's no reason you can't be sneaky and try flanking around behind a hotspot to catch unaware Pilots.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Indecisive posted:

The free trial sucks poo poo, can't play single player and learn how the loving game works so you just have to go to multiplayer and get farmed by people who have been playing since day 1 while I fumble with the controls and try to figure out why i can never loving eject from my titan (mystery remains unsolved, don't care anymore)

Press X and when the option comes up press E three times.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ZenVulgarity posted:

Using steroids and wall running to a group of pilots and shotgunning them to death is one of the most satisfying things I have done in a shooter

I don't see the point if pistols though

The only reason is maybe to pop a silencer on one so you're not generating alerts on the radar, but really there's nothing that can't be solved by your primary longarm and an Anti-Titan weapon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I really wish Auto-Titan had some basic commands you could give it. Just stuff like "retreat", "hold position", or "attack last/my target".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

There isn't any right now and they should just give everyone three weapon slots like they did in Titanfall 1.

I've always thought pistols should be their own thing even in a typical two-weapon FPS. Your thigh's got nothing to do with the big longarms strapped across your back and chest.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I was not prepared for TitanBall :swoon:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Internet posted:

Been enjoying the hell out of the game since I stopped trying to engage people at medium to long distances and just hip fire. I think my controller is going wonky though because I so easily stop running. Is it toggleable on consoles or is it hold down or auto only?

Any gun you get to Level 4 gets the perk Run and Gun, which lets you shoot while maintaining your sprint. Level up an Alternator or Volt and go nuts running at people with either.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I never understood aim and hover existing. Why would you want to make yourself an obscenely easy target?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Much as I wanna try other explosives, I just find grenades too drat useful for me. Either by piffing them off walls into parallel rooms to deal with sneaky ambushers, or just trying to drop one when I know I'm about to fall over dead.

I also think the fuse on the grenade needs to be shortened by about two seconds. There's too much time to run away from one as-is, and standing around cooking one is a great way to get shot.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Why do pubbies keep insisting on either dropping their Titans right beside your own or right in front of yours? Thanks for wasting my loving salvo core on your drop shield, rear end in a top hat. Oh no, don't mind me, I'm just trying to back up and not goddamn die. :sigh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ShadowMar posted:

it sounded good to me when i first started playing but after about 5 games using it i very quickly realized how much more useful learning to survive while in doomed mode would be

Nuclear Eject is the clear choice :supaburn:.

Speaking of, does it only work during Doomed? I forced an eject near several Titans and I swear it didn't produce a nuclear boom.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Nuke eject needs to be nerfed bad imo

The thing with a massive windup that everyone can identify with ample time to escape its radius?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I always love the Ion Titan's "gently caress you BLAAAARFF" hate-stare of an execution :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't understand the point of the little pirouette Ion Prime does before laying the enemy titan flat out on its rear end. It looks like it should be doing a judo throw and the models just aren't connecting, but instead it's just a completely pointless, slow 360 that looks really dumb. You don't need to very slowly shuffle around to clothesline someone, Ion.

It's wrassling with the other Titan. Other Titan does a scripted run at the Ion, Ion clothesline's the Titan onto its rear end and barfs laser into their face.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yo I got a handful more BWW codes for the Ion nose art. They expire on Thursday I think. Doesn't work with prime Titan tho :(

Can I have one please? :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

This goon is a cool and handsome person who has ensured a Titan I don't normally use will now look fancier than other people's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Nah, the Grapple one should start with a kick that sends them stumbling back, followed by firing a grapple into their chest and using it to fly into them so as to deliver a boot to the head.