Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm also curious what we'll be doing to get more hearts and stamina. I'm up for whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
If Link doesn't have the Sheikah Slate then wouldn't that mean either it's broken during that first encounter or it's in Zelda's possession?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

External Organs posted:

I'm also curious what we'll be doing to get more hearts and stamina. I'm up for whatever.

You'll have to find hearts in the world and fuse them together clearly!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Unlucky7 posted:

I am willing to bet there will be a replacement for bombs if the sheika slate is completely scuttled; Like bringing back the bomb bag and have them as a consumable again, or we will get a bomb ability for Link's magic hand.

I'm presuming you'll just fuse some stuff to get bomb equivalents, or possibly that you can just pick up bombs off enemies ala boomerangs as a common drop in Breath of the Wild. Red chuchu jelly and a pot or some other kind of container making a bomb seems about as sensible as anything else.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

External Organs posted:

The battery icon that was shown is probably going to be a new system that can be upgraded. You’ll probably start the game with poo poo power to barely make it across a small lake and by the end of the game can soar across continents.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Zelda keeps hoggin the tablet

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Bring back the Blast Mask, Nintendo!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mastajake posted:

Bring back the Blast Mask, Nintendo!

just put a bomb on your sword
or a bomb on your shield
or both

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Put a bomb on a bomb and make bigger bombs. In BOTW, Link wanted to watch the world burn, now he wants to blow it the gently caress up.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

hatty posted:

Zelda and Ganon just playing Candy Crush while they wait for Link to finish loving around in the overworld.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Augus posted:

or a bomb on your shield
or both

Good point.

Let me fuse a bomb to my face to make a Blast Mask, Nintendo!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

"Zel...da"

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Manoueverable posted:

If Link doesn't have the Sheikah Slate then wouldn't that mean either it's broken during that first encounter or it's in Zelda's possession?

hatty posted:

Playable Zelda feels mostly dead at this point, but if it were the case, it'd be cool if this was how they were differentiated in gameplay; Zelda gets the Sheikah slate with the OG runes, while Link has his robot arm with this new stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Zelda with the sheikah slate should play like she did in Age of Calamity. :colbert:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Playable Zelda feels mostly dead at this point, but if it were the case, it'd be cool if this was how they were differentiated in gameplay; Zelda gets the Sheikah slate with the OG runes, while Link has his robot arm with this new stuff.

oh man, I really shouldn't but I am choosing to believe this now

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm so intrigued by wild-man link. Who is this hero???

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
As unlikely as it is I still am pulling for a sudden playable Zelda reveal.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Cattail Prophet posted:

Did someone actually think it was a realistic possibility that Zelda would be playable? :raise:

Peach didn't even get her own playable sections in Super Mario Odyssey and the game seemed perfect for it between her having her own Cappy analogue, getting annoyed with both Bowser and Mario by the end and then deciding she wants to go off on her own adventure to see all the worlds in the epilogue. A Peach section for post game gently caress about or even just Peach DLC would have been perfect, and it's not even like Peach isn't playable in a bunch of other Mario poo poo. Nope. Didn't happen though. If Peach can't land a playable role where she'd basically just be a palette swap of Mario with maybe slightly different jump mechanics then there's no way Zelda is going to be a playable character since she'd require a lot more attention to create gameplay for within the bounds of the established character.

If Zelda is ever going to be playable it'll probably be in her own title rather than in a mainline "Legend of Zelda" game where Link is the main playable character. You'd probably have better luck getting Linkle as a playable character in a mainline game than Zelda, and I vaguely recall Nintendo saying that wasn't likely either.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Apple to shield, feed horseys using the block button :haw:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

External Organs posted:

I'm so intrigued by wild-man link. Who is this hero???

I’m still going with him being the OG hero from 10,000 years ago when Ganon first appeared and they built the divine beasts and guardians.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

even if they don't adjust other things, being able to become ridiculously long does a lot to justify using spears

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

oled up on best buy, gogogo

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6540265.p?skuId=6540265

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Manoueverable posted:

Artbook spoiler he has a new sheikah slate that looks like a switch in handheld mode. Dunno where the other one is

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In my cart for 10 minutes and mani really want to. Nintendo ain’t dropping a switch pro or revision anytime soon right

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Managed to get one for pick up at my local store. Now it’s time to figure out how much a used ACNH themed Switch sells for! It’s a great console, but I figure I might as well have an OLED for my Final Console

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh wait this doesn’t even come with the game lol I’ll uh probably just grab the game at this point and ride my current switch til it dies.

Edit: pre-ordered it anyways :shepicide:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 28, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nodosaur posted:

Has anyone posted this yet

https://twitter.com/thegreyzen/status/1640773735299817475

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Controller too
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-pro-controller-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-edition/6540520.p?skuId=6540520

e: Got the controller. I have the Splatoon 3 OLED that I like more than the Zelda one.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 28, 2023

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Snagged a controller, hell yes

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Did anybody else see what looks like houses/buildings you have to build?

They did it, they made Tarrey Town map-wide

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Augus posted:

or a bomb on your shield
or both

Bomb on Arrows is back baby!

The fuse ability is going to be so much fun to gently caress with. This game literally is Nuts and Bolts and it seems like everything gets bolted together with ectoplasmic nut anyway. lmao

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

I've been in line for ages for this drat pro controller.

e: sold out :argh:

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 28, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Cool Hand, Link

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Did anybody else see what looks like houses/buildings you have to build?

They did it, they made Tarrey Town map-wide

Oh no its fallout 4 settlements all over again

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

HELL TO THE YES I AM PUMPED UP.

Yeah I will make us all a brand spanking new thread since this one is like seven years old. I'll get started on drafting up a new OP tonight and everything. The real question is this:

What should the first thread title be?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

MokBa posted:

Yeah I will make us all a brand spanking new thread since this one is like seven years old. I'll get started on drafting up a new OP tonight and everything. The real question is this:

Zelda Megathread: Fuse these tears to my soul.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Zelda Megathread: Fusion Frenzy 2

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

MokBa posted:

The temple of time to fuse my shield to this bokoblin tail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

There was a bunch of bullshit added to my cart (micro SD card and a switch online membership) that I definitely didn't add at any point...and didn't notice one of when trying to speed through the checkout process. Those motherfuckers. :argh: I'm gonna be real mad over $37 dollars they charged for that membership that I don't want, internet. It's a code so I'm not sure if they'll refund me but I'm going through with online chat now...Ugh.

I only made this reservation as a placeholder in case I can't get one from Ninty themselves and use my existing fun bucks.