Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yo is there any cheat codes for BotW? I know, probably not, must this Master Dungeon thing is like, un-fun hard in a way nothing else in the game was. I know I could go into my old easy mode save and try it just for the heck of it, but If I could just give myself infinite hearts for like 2 floors I could save myself a lot of misery. This is a totally dope dungeon concept, but the master quest tuning feels like some floors they only checked if it was theoretically possible to beat, I would have to see the devs beat it to believe they ever did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
edit: nvm LP exist

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 19, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The first two dungeons in Skyward Sword are terrible. The dungeons in BotW seem much better in comparison now. I had to look up a guide briefly for both after walking around looking and poking everywhere and getting nowhere. Once was a clue telling me to look up but really the thing was to the side and slightly occluded, sat in the right spot several times looking around everywhere but where I needed to for the switch. Everything else was a boring cakewalk, it was just this one drat switch in the one place I didn't check, maybe that one is on me but I wasn't intrigued by the rest of the dungeon either. Also not a fan of dungeon design where your only choice to go forward is a little wing with a treasure chest in it, once gotten, you unceremoniously walk back out the way you came, there's no loop back around, but there's also not really anything to do or grab on the way out, no new change brought by acquiring the chest. Sometimes makes me thin kthere's a secret in there or some reason to backtrack but so far just dead rooms staying dead once done.

Second dungeon I just didn't catch on to their way too subtle indication of a bombable wall. Hell, the wall I needed to bomb was right near where I had been haphazardly throwing bombs since there was no other path forward. The indication a wall can be bombed is barely noticeable, the kind of texture used for a secret area or something, not a main progress and gameplay thing. Even more annoying, takes two bomb hits to break the wall... why? They already made it super annoying to pick up bombs, one by one, dropping into your bag with an uncomfortable button combo -- two bombs is just an annoyance.

Got stuck immediately after because even after knowing what it looks like, it was too hard to spot in their graphic style and with how small it is. Like going from a scooby doo breakaway cel-painted rock to fully painterly bg where you couldn't reasonably be expected to notice it. The lava ball mechanic seemed pretty pointless but indiana jones ball trap was cute.

Boss was okay, weird bomb bowling, sure, but the part where the eye would wobble around to avoid your blade was just annoying in conjunction with the lovely non-motion controls. Had to re-dodongo him 6 times after all it's rock armour was over because none of the swings would connect with the eye.

Just zoned into desert zone, like the time-crystal thing and hope this next dungeon is better.

stev posted:

I wish the sky felt more fleshed out. It feels like they wanted to do something similar to WW's ocean but it got scaled way back at some point. A bit more variety and some more significant/larger islands would have gone a ways towards making up for the lack of overworld.

I'd settle for it just not being ugly. Between the cloud "floor" that just looks like a lovely grey dirt plane and the uninspired skybox and lack of environmental lighting. It's bizarre when it should be a bigger priority given then name and nature of the game. Everything else has a painterly texture, you can see vibrant pinks, purples, greens, peeking into even mundane grey stone textures and dirt, everything has a slightly fantastic sunsety-watercolour quality to it. The sky and clouds however get really generic off-white and darker off-white shading, they don't change with weather or time of day or any of the beautiful dramatic lighting and palettes you would expect. Horizon Zero Dawn is a great example of the environmental lighting have a dramatic effect on the mood, feel, and look of the game in the moment. The golden hours and pink sunsets and dawns rare really striking and make you wanna just stand still and enjoy it for a moment. Skyward sword should've been full of moments like that, diving into clouds with bright pink-orange tops and cool violent underbelly during dusk. The sky in super mario bros had more variety than skyward sword.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 26, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sand dungeon was really dull and seemed like they had a hard time thinking of anything to do with the air gust. Using it is also awkward to use on the little propellers. Tossing bomb into basketball sarcophagus was fun once and never again, especially with how long bombs take to explode. This at least felt like a dungeon instead, the others I wasn't even sure if I was in the dungeon yet or not.

People bringing up the map, red x on map, or talking to moles: Show don't tell. If this were originally a Wii U or DS game, maybe I could get trying to hamfist in map gimmicks, but lol, the sand areas where you don't sink having no visual indicator whatsoever is goofy. Use the map, plop a beacon, naw, just design it better. They actually do it right sometimes, give you a patch of grass to run toward, throw a slime in to show it's solid in a direction, cool, good.

I literally thought the boss was fake or a fake-out and that the cut-scene after would lead to the real boss fight, but it doesn't. Makes me wonder if this was originally the first boss, it's the gohma of this and basically didn't require using the scarab hook and you like blow a little dust once or twice at the ground woopdeedoo. The mechanical totem door blockers were more interesting designs that I was hoping the boss would be built on.

Harp is fun and cute though.

The muppet boss was dull too, had to do the same easy toe thing 3x times and it also seemed like something that could've been a tutorial boss. Don't even know why Groose was acting scared of the giant coin purse, he could've slapped some toes with me easy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I felt like I walked into a dungeon after doing the outside puzzles. Fire cave felt like more of that mountain and I've already forgotten what the first one was besides whacking spiders and crystals

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cattail Prophet posted:

Okay but like, there was a big title card across the screen and everything.

No poo poo, doesn't mean it feels like a dungeon because they announce "here's our dungeon, you can tell mostly because we're telling you"

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

How can you talk about the Lanayru Mining Facility without talking about how awesome the timeshift stone gimmick is? It’s one of the few actually cool and innovative mechanics in the game. It’s why Lanayru is the best area. Of course the best dungeon is the next one, Ancient Cistern, but the Mining Facility and the Sandship are also awesome.

Edit:

If only there had been a series of giant walls in the area that gave you a reference point for where you could walk on the sand.

Had no problem navigating the sand paths, it's just a stupid gimmick and I wasn't impressed with how they implemented it. In the actual dungeon especially it was useless, you didn't need to use the map or visual indicators just fuckin run lol. The fact that the gust does nothing whatsoever with it is also just ??? to me.

The sand piles room where you just had a little spike maze and switch to hit I briefly thought was better than it was, because the sand graphics were glitched in that room. I thought perhaps they wanted me to push sand into piles around the room to get over the spike walls, which would've been a cool use of the bellows but it's a special kind that only destroys dust.

Time crystal was neat, always like a light world / dark world but didn't feel like they did all that much with it. I kept waiting for them to make me have to do something in one mode to carry over into the other to accomplish or move something you otherwise couldn't... but it never happened. Twice I overthought puzzles assuming they were finally utilizing it further. First in a room where I thought they wanted me to take the baby electro-crabs to put them space apart so I could do sand-dashing and rest on their shells to recover stamina. Another time, first time I encountered the door guardian totem, I thought they wanted me to lure it away, hit the crystal to make him inert away from the door, then I could proceed. But you just have to turn the past on to wake it up and fight it, it's a fine enemy but they weren't really doing anything by making me hit a switch to turn it on once.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wasn't stuck on the third dungeon, it was better designed than the first two. I was just in vain hoping the solution was more than flip switch, plop thunderbaby in hole.

Best part of game so far to me, and I hope he returns in future games, is the friendly demon guy.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 29, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

bobjr posted:

I like how you can be nice and get a couple together, or have a toilet ghost haunt Cawlin.

Either way Cawlin doesn’t get to be happy

Hahaha I didn't even think about harassing that nice young lady with the letter, I just wanted to help toilet hand.

Beedle is also in top form in this game, BotW muted him too much. Got really good "thank yous" and very powerful "ooohhhhhhh." He's cold-blooded too, straight trapdoor'd me out the shop once. Whatever dude, you ripped me off with this stinking heart medallion, that's why I can't buy nothing else.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ancient Cistern is pretty neat, didn't beat the boss first try and had to go to sleep, that was exciting. I totally skipped the first puzzle in the place, afterwards I found the clues anyway, but it was still funny to get to door combo right on the second or third guess, although I guess worst case scenario only 16 ever to try. Whip is a really fun item, wish it worked on more enemies as normal damage dealer. Whipping around through is just good zelda fun, why haven't they added whip before?!? Why was it gone in BotW!! Link should have always been a whipper. The whip is also wonderful because even the game is like "there's a mysterious orb at the end of it that doesn't something somehow!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It stands for Wireless, Fireless.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The whip boss was fantastic! One of the better boss fights in the entire series as far as I can recall. I like boss fights that require you to get in close and stay close while dodging. Fight had you use new dungeon item, plus sword, and has a second stage that spawns adds, and best of all, you get to beat it down using it's own broken body. Perfect!

Also cracks me up how much Faron looks like a Nintendo'd Seathe or Kaathe.

Just started Sand Sea area a bit and I love the concept of the little time crystal boat, but can you ever get out and go doing things in the water bubble? Didn't see a way and the lil robo dude blocked me from going for a splash when we docked.

Zeron posted:

On the other hand, the characters are absolutely dire. Midna is the only interesting one of the bunch and while she's fantastic, she gets her personality sucked out of her halfway through the game. I'm not sure I could tell you the name of another character besides like Zelda/Agatha/Zant. And the wolf stuff was cool for a bit, but mostly just kind of sucks especially when they want you to switch to wolf form to dig in one specific part of a dungeon that isn't really hinted at. The dungeons were a bit more linear than usual which I liked but I can imagine others didn't.

I really liked the weird like resistance rebel group but they felt like they were from another game concept. I'd be totally down to explore a Zelda game from the perspective of folks just trying to live their lives during a Ganon episode.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Pirate Ship dungeon was pretty cute. The boss was okay, I remember it being a decent boss fight when I did it in World of Warcraft too.

Volcano dungeon was HUGE, hell, thought I might be at least a 1/3rd done by the time I even got into the dungeon proper. Really annoyed they didn't make a boss for it though. They just made me fight the motion-controls tutorial guy again, wtf is that.

Fine, have us repeat that fight for some reason, but don't do it to replace an actual dungeon boss. Whacking a pervert from the left isn't a good or interesting boss encounter... then they send me off to an even worse fight repeat. Except this time the Imprisoned was legit irritating and Groose's cannon button only sometimes actually works, incredibly infuriating. Just a ton of little annoying things all come to head in this fight. The stupid loving stamina bar with stamina-plants placed at "gently caress you distances" apart. The annoying goddamn camera you need to dedicate two goddamn fingers to. The five years it takes to stand up and recover from a hit. The really long cut-scenes you can't skip in the middle of loving combat (but also time continues so if you like, pick up a bomb, it'll just explode in your hands while nintendo forces you to watch their stupidest character design of all time flop around a really stupid and ugly arena). Had to stop for a bit, might maybe just stop. How much more game is there? The irritation I felt in that imprisoned fight was not something I care to feel again, I reckon all I really have left is to beat the final dungeon... but if they're just going to make me fight the Imprisoned and tongue pervert again and not even have a final boss, gently caress it, I'll call it done here and look up a video of the final dungeon.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You have about a quarter of the game left, I would say. There is one more Imprisoned fight but it’s actually easier than the second one because you only have to chop off his toes once. The last stretch of the game is good, I thought, having just played it over the past few days. You still have to collect the parts of the Song of the Hero before you can access the final dungeon, which involves finding the dragons in each region. As somebody was saying earlier in the thread, the final dungeon through the end boss is a great sequence. The ending is actually very satisfying. Might be the weakest 3D Zelda game but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. I rather enjoyed myself, for the most part.

Yeah I was just irritated, played some HZD to reset and to remember what life was like when devs understood the right thumbstick is for camera controls first and foremost. I've talked some shi on the game, but I agree, it's not a bad game, it's adjacent to a really good game and you can too often see the great over the fence but the game ain't going there.

I keep imagining a Kojima Zelda, Death Stranding with Link. I think that Zelda would be incredible.

maltesh posted:

First and second Silent Realms weren't as bad as I remembered. That said, I probably should have failed them a few times to stock up on Dusk Relics. Probably because back in '11, i think I generally gave up as soon as I triggered the alarm. This time I had situations where I was running around being tailed by four or five angry guardians that were unable to keep up and get a swing off.

I've enjoyed all of these so far and I was wondering how you were meant to stock up on relics, I usually grabbed any I could see along the way but I beat em all first try. I think I wound up with more than enough. Only have a bag or two left to upgrade. Oh and my shield(but maybe not even, the only time I've seen need for a shield is deku scrubs you can just ignore or bomb) because I can't find plain bird feathers no matter how many fake birds I try to kill with scattershot.

I liked the "oh poo poo" moments, usually from the poes with lights in a section you're almost guaranteed to hit one through. I liked they took away your weapons and tools and the time-pressure was enough to keep a fire under your rear end but not screw you if you happened to miss one way back over yonder. The worst part was the cut-scenes of everyone waking up -- I get it, let me start running like crazy now, thx.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 1, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm glad the final boss took three tries, the back half of the game was a real mixed bag though. Some stuff that niitially seemed cool ended up being super lame, like Flooded Faron Woods. Oh cool, really revisiting an area in a new way, maybe get to use this level geometry in a cool way, maybe raise and lower the water, use all the different tools I've gained so far... No, actually you use nothing, it's just water and you swim around and collect music notes we sprinkled around, like a movement tutorial gone on way, way, way too long and has no place being one of the penultimate challenges.

The run-up to the final sword pervert fight was pretty cool and was super glad they didn't make me fight the stupid muppet again, although they don't get credit for me being relieved to not have to play their own bad boss encounters again.

Wanted an Item Shop Girl epilogue.

What's the item next to the rattle, don't think I finished that quest line. Looks like a little cage. edit: Realized I never went to the minigame island when it was open, whoops oh well hope it wasn't cool.

sigher posted:

This is the worst idea I've ever heard.

Death stranding is already halfway to BotW. The idea is really just expanding on the emergent game stuff that made BotW good, interactions between systems with increased depth.

DelphiAegis posted:

For some reason no matter how I centered beforehand, link just would NOT dive forward at a good enough speed to make the jumps as intended. All other times I used the motion controls and eventually felt really badass on the boss rush and got the Hylian shield really easily.

Ohhhh okay, poo poo, had no idea that was what was wrong with the falling poo poo. Spent 10 minutes getting a goddess cube once that you needed to dive and glide over behind a rock, but link would just divebomb and not go flat to slow down like I needed. Eventually got it just randomly flailing, guess that time I did the faux motion controls right.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's kinda interesting on a technical level seeing the big "dust-filled" rooms in Skyward Sword ten years on after messing with 3D modelling and Unity a bit, because it's now really obvious how they work and it's a really clever and simple trick; The sand/dust is all one big plane with a shitload of vertices that lower individually when the vacuum colliders with them

In the emulator version the texture for those was really whack and you could see through it and it was very obviously a plane you just mushed down.

DanielCross posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like a 3 out of 5 gives a way more positive vibe than a 6 out of 10, even if they are literally identical scores. Likely due to that school system scoring ingrained in my brain as said above, but my brain only registering that for a 10-point scale.

I don't think they are the same score even though you can reduce it as a fraction that way, and crunching it down removes granularity and increases the pressure to avoid the lower half of scores, compounded by the fact that 3/5 is a half-glass-of-water situation.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wonder if it's shader-driven then, given the way it shits itself like that?

Wish I had taken some screenshots, it reminded me of in blender when something has like flipped normals or weird overlapping self intersecting geometry, like maybe duplicated verts on top of others. Nothing else in the game glitched out like that, just those few sand covered rooms. The only other graphics issues were a few cutscenes had a weird sepia tone to them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

superjew posted:

I'm having a mental crisis because I did the exact same thing on the eye-roll puzzle that I did ten goddamn years ago.

I solved the first one, then on the second I became so obsessed with trying to make one eye roll that I got frustrated and blamed the motion controls before realizing I just have to make both eyes roll together.

Great to know my puzzle solving skills have barely improved in a decade. Overall the motion controls aren't so bad, but wow are they everywhere.

on the three eye puzzle I got stuck trying to figure out how to make the spider swing the right direction long enough so I could stand in it's spot to do the thing. turns out you needed to kill the spider, which was easy, but until that moment I didn't know I could do a "straight stab" by clicking in the control stick.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man, the Sandship is a fun level. I really like when they pull off a really good "dungeon" that's actually designed around some completely different type of location (see also the mansion in TP). And it makes good use of the timeshift gimmick, which really needs to come back in another game.
It's just a shame that the boss looks like a stupid Pixar reject. It's a legit neat setpiece leading into the fight, and the fight itself is fun too. It just would've ended on a much better note if the boss design had gone with their more realistic design style to make it seem like an actual threat.

That boss seemed like a joke or maybe non-motion controls just broke it. It was literally just slashing and stabbing really quickly and thoughtlessly and he got endlessly pushed back. They called him back to the final dungeon and he was even easier then. I could tell they wanted to do some kind of tug-of-war push-pull thing, but in practice you whack him off, his cutscene pushes him forward a bit, and you just push him immediately back. I felt bad, like I was bullying this poor skellyman who was not programmed with a way to fight my advanced technique of "wiggle stick."

JustJeff88 posted:

Can Wii U emulation play any other games? I have a functional Wii U so I'm not tempted, but I have a feeling that everything else is being neglected in favour of more Korok seeds.

Are there any Wii U games left that haven't been ported to Switch/Yuzu yet? Only one I can think of is the original Mario Maker and they've already butchered that. I also think there was some kind of mash-up mario game based off of a much better flash game that got shut down, but IIRC Nintendo also did something to that to gently caress it up, because why not, "we're nintendo, gently caress you."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

sigher posted:

BOTW definitely doesn't need raytracing and it only make the game look worse. The blown out sky looks bad. The 8K and 60fps is beautiful though.

Blown out? There's only one shot where it's super bright and seems just like weather + time of day, same kind of thing can happen unmodded looking at the sun side of sky at certain times. The only thing I notice in this I don't like is the way close-in ground plant decals take a second to pop-in for the tiniest details. Looks like the original does that as well, but it's less noticeable because the whole game's muddier and smaller and they don't cast shadows.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Link talks a lot in OoT, he is constantly shouting "hey" "look" and "listen!"

People blamed Navi, but my Miyamoto works at Nintendo and he confirmed it's Link all along saying it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha I never pick those because I'm ascared they will make me mash A through all of the dialogue again.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

From what I gather the game was designed around normal mode, but you could do master mode if you wanted. The game also has its own NG+ mode which sort of functions similarly, where it upgrades all enemies to their highest tier but you keep all your stuff.

Otherwise it's an increase in difficulty but not from numbers, but because they seem to have totally rehauled most of the game and redid tons of enemy placements. Saw one zone on the plateau where there was like three of those little mini-guardins that shoot baby lazers at you, and after you kill them you can do a new custom magnesis puzzle to climb to the top and get a really good hammer

but again, kind of wondering if anyone else has tried it because "there's guardians there now" seems to be a recurring theme

My impression of the hard mode balance was that it made it not worth engaging in combat if you could just avoid it, which is basically always. Just takes more resources than you'll get most of the time, and even if you're stocked up, it's just a waste of them and time. The mega sustenance dungeon is almost impossible on hard mode, there's a few floors you can only beat by having kept certain items from floors before and having taken no damage yet. Honestly the mode seemed really obnoxious and made the world less enjoyable to explore or go through.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I miss Navi. Cut out the forced convos and she was the perfect Link companion. Hey Look Listen is all you need.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah yeah keep jokin around. future skull kid walkin

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
:popclap: at the unleaked dark link-esque mirror-fight with shadow Tingle, hoping it means we get a balloon item

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
if you believe it with me, it will manifest

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder if ToftheK will have a roc's feather, wanna do big flippy jumps while walking around, maybe try to jump my way up a mountain.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mylan posted:

I know traditional dungeons are high up on most people's list of things they want to return. I'd just be happy with the return of items that grant new abilities. It always kinda bugged me that pretty much every puzzle was solvable with the slate powers they force you to get at the beginning. The champion powers were cool but not quite the same.

It was a really beautiful design, I'm super glad they made it that way, made it very distinct from other Zelda games, but now that it exists I definitely want some new tools and things to look forward to unlocking and discovering. I replayed OoT recently and I loved all the "see this thing, oh cant get to it yet, make not" and then getting to act on it later when you see it again and have the tools or hidden knack to getting it. Reckon they can even have shrines where they always strip you to your most basic magic abilities, while letting the dungeons and overworld have physical things where you need the specialized tools to progress. Plus just imagine standard zelda items with BotW movement: gliding/jump off horse + slow-mo into hookshot! or just bring back Spinner, always. Worst case scenario they already had masks and can expand on those powers more.

Champ powers were a letdown since I did flying one last which is really the one that makes exploring more fun -- except I already did most of that climbing the long way with tons of stamina food and the worst outfit in the game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Felt like 2 bombs max because of how they worked. Not like in any Zelda games I'm actually ever running out of anything. There's usually some grass or pots around with bombs in it if really need in a pinch.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hatty posted:

I hope the next 2D Zelda isn’t a remake

Same but for all games

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Except for WWHD2 because my Wii U's broke

Boo to remakes, but cheers to PC Ports. Ship of Harkinian is leagues ahead of any official attempt to re-release OoT. Just leagues ahead of any Zelda game release, gold standard for effortless controller support, and every bugfix and tweak, settings, and option you could dream of. So many times I'd think "man I wish so and was a little different but why would they bothoh poo poo they have that option and more I hadn't thought or encountered yet. Fun Big Head mode style classic cheats and custom tunic colours + randomizer modes, even a built-in save editor. I think it'll probably be 2025 before Majora's Mask gets a similar quality port, who knows if anything after will ever be decompiled and ported though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think the neon green Link update looks wildly out of place and remember them changing a bunch of other little things that made it feel very "wrong" and looked a little worse overall but who knows how much of that is just playing it on the tiny screen. Emulation doesn't seem like an option for you anyway, and if you don't have a frame of reference for changes might not notice anything off at all, it's a good enough game that even if it were universally seen as worse it would still be a good enough game worth playing. MM is a unique game, can't think of anything else off the top structured like it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I'll be the contrarian and say play the N64 version available on Switch Online because it's better than the 3DS one

Haha forgot they added the n64 emulation at all so didn't realize it was an option but I'd vote n64 version knowing it's an option now. I was wanting to play Banjo KAzooie and some other stuff the other day and tested out RetroArch for the first time, forgetting the service I keep accidentally paying for has n64 games already

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'd ask for a hard mode but their existing hero mode implementation and durability systems just made ever fighting anything not worth it. Seems like to make Zelda difficult would require more redesigning of enemies and combat itself which is outside the scope of an optional mode for an audience Nintendo hasn't ever needed to appeal to before.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

I think this was linked itt when it happened, but in case anyone missed it, a video showcasing a ton of cut content from Ocarina:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_pqyrf9lA

Dude I'm blown away there's this story cutscene and a whole second half to The Song of Time! Desert temple being split often between young/old Link is a cool idea too.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

lollin at nintendo matching the next gen price increases on their game from 2012

I feel bad for the artists working on Metroid 4 having to try and make everything look ten years old.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
we still can't play as legend of zelda though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah gonna need that art book please be under 100 bucks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They need to release the texan dub to make things clear. "Please, y'all have to help him"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Holding out hope for a Tingle reveal some time closer to release

Bless Tingle, the Forest Sage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MokBa posted:

It's funny that they made exploration on the boat so much easier in WWHD – swift sail, map on the second screen – but then got rid of that whole last part of the Triforce quest by putting the pieces themselves in the old map locations. I kind of liked the original hunt because you take this breather to go around the whole ocean before the final confrontation.

I like it in theory but ever playthrough I've tried fails at that point, I'd be fine with fetching up to 3 triforce triangles but the tiny prices was too much and I inevitably forget In playing when I keep booting it up just to remember it's a lotta plain sailing to do. Hyrule fields can be empty at times with a lot of needless trivial walking back and forth but being able to wild out and roll and hop and whatever on the way keeps me paying attention. Wind waker omis so much open ocean with no input from you I overshot my targets and ended up on wrong side of the map constantly because I spaced out sailing again