Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to start playing Zelda games

I got link between worlds for Christmas and I really started playing it tonight. house of gales was really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I think the last Zelda game I really played was Majoras Mask. I played Twilight Princess but I got it with my Wii, and a lot of Wii's on launch had some bug with the internet on them. I ended up having to send my Wii in for a replacement and lost my save a quarter of the way in and never went back to it. Since that point I haven't really played any of the console or handheld Zeldas

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys

im going to play and also enjoy this game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PneumonicBook posted:

That top video is spectacular.

gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wheres the gif of the guy throwing the skeleton

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thx

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Motto posted:

seems like the premise of the game rather than a late twist

ya

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Okay so what was it? Videos down from excessive views.

without specifics its basically the reason you start your adventure

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
spoilers in case someone didnt realize link starts an adventure

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hope i can play this soon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the switch is the dark souls of consoles

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo im getting a switch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys in getting a switch

i pay in an hour and can take it home at midnight :3:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is going to be a long goddamn day at work

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hope you are all enjoying the game :) i will get to in about 5 hours

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im so excited

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1 1/2 hours till I can go play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lemming posted:

It's hosed up how good this game is

hosed up if tru.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
zelda is.....*checks notes*

good?!?!??!?!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I havr put multiple hours into this game and done nothing

it owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

spasticColon posted:

So any complaints yet about this Zelda game being too easy? :laugh:

Seriously though, this game is loving hard.

ya, i spent an hour on an optional boss and loved it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zaggitz posted:

I fought a stalnox before work and dodged all the trees he ripped out to throw at me and when he ran out of trees he loving TORE OUT HIS OWN RIBS to attack me.

This game is extremely good.

he was a motherfucker. i didnt have almost any weapons and it took me an hour of beating him because he would one shot me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BigRed0427 posted:

I just cleared the third trial in the first area.

THe Trial with the Stasis Rune. The final puzzle where you have to stasis lock the boulder than hit it with the sledge hammer. I don't get the logic, why wont it move without the power?

so heres the idea

the rock is really really heavy. You can hit it once and it won't move, you arent exerting enough force. when its in stasis, time doesn't exist for it essentially. so you are hitting in a bunch of times and when the rock comes out of stasis it may as well have had all those hits occur instantaneously

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Cleared the first dungeon. Holy gently caress bring food.

grats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive played multiple hours so far and ive done some shrines and visited the village. thats literally it. ive explored and found cool hidden stuff otherwise

its amazing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Walrus posted:

I'm surprised I haven't heard more talk about the fire sword forged in death mountain considering you get it from such an early quest (treasure hunters in dualing peaks stable). taking swings and burning the grass in the field around you is the coolest thing

its really cool. i havent used it much because i want to save it for something strong

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

You should be able to mount a goat and walk straight up cliffs on them 🤔

Also I'm starting to think I'm overdoing it with exploring every square inch of the map. After 15 hours of doing nothing but exploring the plateau and the Necluda province (and whatever shrines I come across) I have 3 pages each of materials and food. I have hundreds of ingredients and monster parts, there's no way I'm ever gonna use all this stuff. And this game is gonna take me over 200 hours at this rate 😳

im doing the same poo poo lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

I have been pronouncing all 'Hy' related names wrong for years :negative:

It's HIGH-lyian, not HILL-yian

:negative:

:stare:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Moltrey posted:

The absolute worst Shrine is the gyro control one near the Dueling Spires stable near the river's edge behind a bombable wall.

the controls were sooooo terrible and inconsistent and i wanted to die

i did that while I was in the passengers seat of a car. lmao. the bumps did not help

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Moltrey posted:

lmaooo gently caress that, bless your soul.

the only cool thing about that shrine was trying to jury rig the paths into ways so you could scurry along them rather than figure out how they actually wanted you to do it

ya there is no way the one I picked for the 3rd section was the intended route

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Moltrey posted:

someone pages back posted a list of what you needed the ores for and how much, can't find it now tho.

it was something you only really needed like 10 Ambers so I just sold off the extra 20 I had and made like 600 rupees or something. I have over 1000 now and can easily afford to make Fashion Choices

same, mine was real bootleg

best worst part was finally making it over there, seeing the door was locked and realizing the that chest i kept seeing on the platform wasn't optional so i had to do it all over

i did the same drat thing re the door locked

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think I need to explore a slight bit less because I have made almost no story progress. i've seen tutorial zone and two zones other than that. how have I spent 20 hours on this already

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ya i just cant believe how little I feel like ive done

its amazing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

Is there an easy way to get another ancient core? I just need one more but I'm only getting springs, screws, shafts, and gears.

i think its pure luck

i need one more too. RIP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

They call this a "dragon break" in Elder Scrolls--a point in history where multiple timelines all come together. In Elder Scrolls, it's a way to reconcile the games' multiple endings without having to pick a canon one: eventually, all the timelines will reach the same point in history regardless and they all converge.

It makes sense to think of Breath of the Wild as Zelda's version of that. It's so far in the future that it's entirely possible that its events could come to pass in any of the Zelda timelines, and it has strong references to at least two of them, to the point that I don't think they're just wink-wink, nudge-nudge references for nostalgia. We have an explicit reference to Twilight Princess among references to Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time as events that took place in this timeline. At the same time, there are Rito, who only existed in the Adult Timeline (Wind Waker)--but they also didn't coexist with the Zora, who do exist in Breath of the Wild. And, like you mention, there's a reference to the Great Sea.

I don't think it's far-fetched to say that Breath of the Wild's timeline is both timelines, or maybe even all three (if we don't accept the idea that Breath of the Wild is essentially the events of the original Legend of Zelda playing out in the Child/Adult Timelines instead of the Defeat Timeline) and, if that's the case, it definitely gives Nintendo an out on saying "Yep, timelines converged, now it doesn't matter anymore."

Or they could also just go "it's not in any of the timelines, get over it."

There's one in the shrine near the Central Hyrule Tower if you haven't done that shrine yet. Also that shrine is insanely good, so do it anyway.

agreed with this whole post. i had the same thoughts but i dont word as good as this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I spent 330 quid just to play it, believe me I wanted to love the game like my firstborn.
No I didn't stretch to find complaints, those issues are very in-your-face and I think that when two posters quickly jumped on literally 1 line about the weapons and ignored the rest without trying to rebutt them, it says something.

calm down

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo™ Wii-U® video game console.

Hope this helps.

fuk u

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

lol gently caress off buddy. people are allowed to disagree with you and point out flaws in your reasoning

calm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BigRed0427 posted:

In Kakariko and at the center of the Rist peninsula are Orange pad that look like they belong in a Trial Shrine.. It looks like someting goes in them. Can I just get a hint for them?

the hint is that you are right, and to look around for where the thing to put in it is. its a bit further off than I would have thought if I hadn't stumbled upon it first