Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Finished the game just now. Holy gently caress what an incredible experience. I really, really, really loved this game.

Finished with 93 shrines and 172 seeds. Health wasn't an issue from all the full heal food I had. Hyrule castle was super fun and dangerous. Some really fun fights in there.

I still have a ton to do and explore but now I'm no longer terrified of reading this thread and spoiling myself out of something.

Also I'm debating starting all over because I missed some compendium shots :negative: 2 of the ganonblight fights

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just farmed every major test just now and like all but one dropped cores. Got a maxed out ancient armor set not and a ton of ancient weapons :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

glassyalabolas posted:

Eventide is cakewalk with urbosa's fury.

It's even easier if you just cheat it drop weapons / good before getting off the raft and they'll still be there. Remember to drop them again before dropping the third ball or you'll lose them

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I didn't know about parrying guardians until past the halfway point and even then I didn't have the technique down so they still killed me so I still avoided the hell out of them. It wasn't until I stormed the castle that I was forced to faced them. It was loving awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Game needs a horse DLC that lets me keep the lord of the moutain or bears as mounts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deceptive Thinker posted:

This is VERY useful when you're trying to complete the horseback archery minigame too

Pro tip: do NOT take a horse you're still training to do this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Are there enough ancient cores in shrines to get the sheikah upgrade and be able to buy the ancient armor sets / upgrade them?

You can farm the major tests of strength pretty easily (hint: any ancient 2H with a charge attack spin) and they respawn with every blood moon. I was still missing like 8 cores when it came time to upgrade the ancient armor and it only took me like one sweep of all the major ones + a couple of roamers to get them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MokBa posted:

With stasis and not very well. I barely ever played around with the minecarts but BOY HOWDY THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

:same: I just stasis the hell out of them all this time. Honestly, the Gordon cannons worked with bombs so I have no idea why it never occurred to me to try them on the carts. I guess it just wasn't well defined on the cart design? That slot I always took as the front of the cart.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Augus posted:

game completion
like 60% of it is Korok Seeds :getin:

It's actually more.

Dungeon Clear (Boss Defeated) = .08% x 4 = .32%
Korok Seeds = .08% x 900 = 72%
Shrine Discovery = .08% x 120 = 9.60%
Location Discovery = .08% x 226(?) = 18.08%

Quests / Sidequests / Compendium and other poo poo don't county towards that percentage. And looking into this apparently you get a medal for beating every overworld boss.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reinanigans posted:

(seriously, how are quests not included in % completed?),

The quests / side quests / shrine quests and memories all have their own competition numbers on their respective page which is why I'm guessing they don't count. Same with the compendium.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Master Sword has drat good durability if you're not spamming the beam attack like a madman (I spam the beam attack like a madman)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I also put all the reward weapons on my wall and never used them

(Except the trident for that one dumb shrine that took me way too long to figure out)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You get a piece of poo poo. Literally.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I only ever found 1 :[

I wasn't aware such a thing existed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Real talk the maraca dance owns and I never skip it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

That's exactly right. It's even worse when you run into one out in the wild and you've still only got like 5 hearts and a bunch of lovely weapons and oh god it just keeps following me and there's nowhere to hide

"I'm pretty far from it so I should be able to aaaaand he's locking on me and dashing my way gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

McDragon posted:

Well I saved the Zoras. I hope all the Divine Beasts are that interesting. Dunno if I was supposed to do that one first, I did a lot of running and just barely scraped through the boss. Speaking of
Which, I didn't get a photo of it, can you get it in the compendium thing?

Also I think I'm gonna goof off and climb towers for a bit. Been exploring and I think I spotted the bird beast. And saw something really cool in Lake Hylia. I'm glad I managed to avoid basically any spoilers, there's a ton of neat things to find

Haven't played a 3D Zelda since Wind Waker, it feels very different but in a good way.

I don't think there's a real order to the beasts but I ended up doing that one first.

As for the compendium photo, yes you can get it elsewhere. Spoiler: at one of the labs you can purchase photos of monsters and items

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Just did it. Akkala to Hawa Koth: ~23 minutes but that's with hoofing it to Garudo Town sans sand seal.

What horse did you use for it? You can probably cut a good amount of time by using a Lord of the Mountain for this but getting one then riding to Akkala before you begin may be annoying.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BOTW has Sidon which makes the game GOAT

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That 2 hour review is dumb as gently caress here's a 10 hour video that's infinitely better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOR_6QBkBGs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/853655462910341125

This game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The technical term is graboid,

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What route are you guys taking to get across the map?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Or just use a Lord of the Mountain.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

You can apparently just glide down on top of it while it sleeps, steal the ball and run like hell if you want

You don't even need to glide. Sneak to his hand then just ride it when he goes to scratch his belly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ularg posted:

Wait... you can skip that?

Also, I'm breaking my rule cause I need help. I have no idea how I'm supposed to catch dragonflies. Warm Darner, cold darner, electric darner. They just fly away instantly as soon as I approach them and I can't catch them.

Hint: Kakariko Village

Solution: Buy the stealth suit. Run (Not sprint) to them for easy catching. Same with lizards and fairies and just about everything that's easily scared

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx0Hu9nzVwU made me laugh harder than it had any right to

Holy gently caress that ending :laffo:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't loving wait for Hard mode and I'm hoping it's some Bloodborne/Dark Sourl NG+ brutal level of hard but fair.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hard mode will have the Yiga Clan attack you right from the start :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok I'm ready for this race across the map

:getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guys, just stop dancing around the idea and say that you want hard mode to be Dark Souls.

Also how about making fast travel (sheikah tech) fail/break and have it randomly teleport you to death mountain/frozen peak (with a cool down before you can use it again to escape).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ice Fist posted:

I want hard mode to be Dark Souls.

Hell, :same:.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mega64 posted:

Including all 900 Korok seeds. :stonk:

And all gear and compendium. Jesus that's insane. I wonder if he mapped out the play through around the optimal path to get all seeds or focused on the game first then went on a seed catching spree. The videos aren't loading so I can't tell.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spergatory posted:

Lindor's Brow.

This is correct. There's two high stat variations. One with 5 speed and 3 stamina and one with 5 stamina and 4 speed/strength.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Farosh in the morning is at Riola Spring. There's a cave directly north of it where you can camp (and avoid the rain) and farm him mercilessly there.
I farm the ice one over at Lanaryu Road's East Gate. It takes a minute or two for home to come down the mountain.
Dinraal I go west of the Eldin Great Skeleton at the very north of the map. It also takes a minute to get to you.

Farosh is the easiest since he literally spawns at the spring so you can camp till morning, immediately jump up (to the draft he crates) and slow-mo shoot him as needed as he comes out of the spring.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 20, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only thing that bothered me about stamina in this game is that it lacked the quick recharge bonus from FF15. Man, that poo poo was great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just took a stab at going from the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab to the SW corner of the map past the Gerudo Great Skeleton. Using a Lord of the Mountain and a speed potion for the running parts during the desert (until I found a seal) the whole run took just under 20 minutes with plenty of room for improvements. I played it safe through the middle of map and avoided all guardian areas. I also stumbled against a rock on the canyon before the desert and it took me a good 40 seconds to catch a seal.

Next time I see the Lord pop up I'll give it another go but I'm sure you can make the trek in 18 minutes or less.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hard mode: Koroks are replaced by Lynels.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:yeah: at first I wasn't sure about durability but once I get into the game it makes perfect sense. Being able to cycle through weapons and pick up poo poo as you go was the best. By the time you get the Master Sword you end up with so many good weapons durability becomes a non-issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Keep it for sneakstrike kills since those don't use up durability.