Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hello Zelda thread. Do these 3rd party Amiibo cards work as advertised or is there a better/cheaper solution? Want to get all the trinkets and toys for BOTW....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXHC8PN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah I’m not sure there’s any other Switch games I’d be interested in using amiibos for especially since it seems the support for them is dwindling.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/lLpxYIO.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Should be in this area.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I gave Trial of the Sword a shot. Got to like room 8 or 9 and poo poo the bed on a group of Lizalfos. Don’t think I can be bothered to git gud and try again...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Let’s pray it is going forward.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I read through the 4chan BOTW2 “leak” a few months ago and I’m really hoping they’re right about playable Zelda. Hot swapping Zelda and Link, each with different skillsets sounds awesome. And if by miracle they allow two player co-op...but that’s probably a bridge too far.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

the greatest boss battle is the one where you're riding the top around the inside of a circular canyon and you damage it by doing sick kickflips off its frikkin face. if you attempt to argue with me i will contrive a Saw-like scenario where i do sick kickflips off ur face (in zelda)

Hell yeah!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Remember that dungeon where you had to follow the korok through the spooky woods? More of that please.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve always defended Twilight Princess as an amazing pre-BOTW Zelda game. It’s only downfall was the mind numbing slow rear end introduction and noobie village sequence. That part loving sucked...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

RickRogers posted:

I feel like skyward sword had really beautiful dungeons, like they really threw some cool curve balls out after TP. But the bosses were way lacking, and whilst Ghirahim is fun and all, having him be a dungeon boss, twice, was so lazy I was honestly a little shocked.

At least I remember the characters. I really struggle to remember more than five from BotW, who aren't dead that is.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m the one who loves everything about Twilight Princess, just not the long rear end opening. Can’t wait for the WiiU port to drop on Switch. Maybe they’ll bundle it with Wind Waker.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If a hookshot makes it into BOTW2, I would prefer it to primarily be used for combat with the occasional navigation use for secret areas. Hookshot combat could be amazing, stab someone with it like Scorpion and depending on the enemies weight you either zip over to him or zip him your way. Maybe sling him around in circles then release and use him as a wrecking ball into other enemies. It could be like that giant ball and chain in Twilight Princess. poo poo, that weapon also needs to return for BOTW2...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They need a hard mode weapon queue where you’re forced to use a weapon in the order you pick them up till they break, no throwing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FooF posted:

Oddly, I felt cheated that you never actually fought Mother Brain and there were just allusions to her in the lore/info dumps in Prime (i.e. "Command")

Maybe we’ll get lucky and Prime 4 will be a stealth remake of the first game but with the 3D worlds, combat, and movement of Prime games.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Phantasium posted:

that game was called super metroid

and then they did it again and called it metroid prime

actually yeah gently caress it, do it again

This was basically my train of thought too. I don’t trust them to make 3rd person Metroid of the Wild, they’d gently caress it up. In fact that’s probably what happened that required Retro to come back and rescue it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So Mario got the 35th anniversary announcement if you haven’t been paying attention this morning.

https://youtu.be/s_UcjEq2Dgk

There’s really no reason not to believe Zelda won’t get the same treatment.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

And the Goron Bros at the top of the rupee tower.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I dug my 3DS up out the closet and I’m playing through the Ocarina of time remaster. I swear the great fairies got a boob job or some extra polygons or something.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s been a long long time since I played the N64 original, but swear the remake has bigger titties. That’s all I was trying to say. :saddowns:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Merkinman posted:

It's been a while, so maybe I missed it, but why is Zelda not really old/dead by the time Link sees her 100 years later?

She goes to seal Gannon with her magic and they both get absorbed into some weird cocoon thing at the top of the castle. I’m guessing it freezes her aging or something who knows. Don’t think too hard about it was my takeaway.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

"A goddess did it"

Thread title

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/4KBl2Eg.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Coffee Jones posted:

Picking up BOTW again after putting it down after just getting off of the initial plateau. Last save was from January.
drat this game has a high learning curve, but I’d be cheating myself or the experience if I looked at a guide.

Some noobie advice in spoilers though don’t be afraid to just go off on your own and ignore this.

Head to Kakariko village first like the game suggests you do. Once you’re done there, head for Hateno Village (Far East)to get the last of your sheika slate upgrades. After that you can truly go gently caress around and do whatever. If you want to go after the four Divine beasts, here’s a good order in terms of difficulty and reward: Zora domain (north of Kakariko), Death Mountain (north of Zora but you really can’t miss the giant loving volcano), Rito Village (far west), and the Gerudo Desert (far Southwest).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FIRST DLC ANNOUNCED

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I hope they call the little guy The Defect.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

God November can’t come soon enough.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Gonna be interesting to see if/how they incorporate the recalled memories into the story

i.e. in botw Calamity Ganon appears as the gang is coming down Mount Lanayru, maybe that climb of Lanayru is in the new story

I think there were already monsters at that point, it just built to a crescendo when he appeared. I would imagine we get a few stages before that event, probably one or two for each champion as they “learn what it takes” to be a champion. Then all hell breaks lose and they’re forced to go their separate ways as they look to get to their divine beasts. Also, don’t be surprised see Nintendo retcon the small stuff if it makes for a better narrative.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What would be amazing is if at the end of the game it time skips 100 years into BOTW’s timeline right before Link assaults Hyrule Castle and we get a Mosou take on that fight and the final beast form. Then they could add some further teaser cinematic that segues right into BOTW 2.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1303431962967891968?s=20

:allears:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

i have pre-ordered breath of the wild 0

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I didn't play the first one - how similar are the combat mechanics in this going to be to BotW? Obviously the other gameplay elements like exploring and physics engine puzzles aren't going to be present, but the closer they make this feel like a combat expansion to the main game the more I'll be into it.

Go find a Let’s Play of Hyrule Warriors because they are extremely way different games.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLroXZ2bQToV0JXLnspEl125THcujMAYOl

If people are still confused about what this game is going to be, go watch some of that because I guarantee it’s going to be exactly the same with a BOTW coat of paint. I doubt we even get to pilot the Divine Beasts because how is that going to work in a Mouso game outside of a cutscene? I won’t dismiss some sort of open world poo poo but I seriously doubt it. This is not BOTW 2 or even BOTW 0. It will be segmented maps just like Hyrule Warriors 1 set in the BOTW universe. You’ll see things you recognize but your not going to be able to climb the twin peaks and paraglide down.

This is what a mission will look like:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

Someone clearly doesn't remember the entire game mode where you could play as the hulking Ganon who towered over the battlefield.

That was big but still not the same scale of the Divine Beasts. But you’re right, they could still make it work, I’m just struggling to imagine it unless the Divine Beasts get shrunken down or something.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here’s the ultra mega cheater map, you see where all the memories are.

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That trailer breakdown was good. I feel like a lot of what was shown was cutscenes but there were a few parts that was obviously gameplay. Jury is still out as to whether it’s gated corridors and arenas like the first game or a more open world take. The Divine Beasts will definitely be there on the battlefield but whether you control them or not is still undecided. If they do allow you to, I’m trying to imagine if it would be fun or a challenge. They should be so overpowered against anything Ganon throws at them which is why he had to corrupt them. They might just be a cute “reward” type scenario at the end of a mission that lets you have some fun, we’ll see. But my earlier point still stands, they’re so ginormous that if the game maps are like the first game, I’m not sure they would fit at their regular scale. Hence why I’m not entirely sure they’ll be fully playable.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Amppelix posted:

here's a shot with the UI in it, it's a standard musou map

looks really big tho

The big area could possibly house a Divine Beast, but no way you’re gonna go stomp around the rest of the map.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is a bold claim to make considering BOTW is HGOTY

The whole plot of Hyrule Warriors is that a horny looking big titty witch is mega horny for Link and Ganon exploits this.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Restarting BOTW is always a pro choice.