Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
basically do the opposite of whatever the royals think

then cut their heads off because lol you still have royals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
royals against it. us gov against it. wall st against it.

pretty much tells you leave is the answer

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
so have the limey sheep brexited yet and/or beheaded the monarchy

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
grats britain

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
alaska is actually a real ice place. you can just kick back and chill with real cool people.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

FrankieGoes posted:

Nah, not really. "The lower 48" is at its most basic simply a geographical reference. It in no way way implies political or spiritual detachment. And actual Alaskans don't really use the term very frequently from my experience. It's more likely "Outside" or "down south"

And they (we, tbh), don't use it like regular Americans talk about South America. If you got that impression you're either an idiot or your Alaskan friends are dipshits.

uh we actually use the lower 48 all the time. where the hell you from

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

FrankieGoes posted:

Like I said, it's used, but as a geographical reference. Not as a "we're like a different loving country/continent" statement.

you sound like a transplant

it is used as a geographical reference and as a way to differentiate its uniqueness from the scum below

where you move from bro

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

FrankieGoes posted:

Yeah. Erroneously. That was my point. But again I'd say that if you're referring to "the scum" you're more likely to say "down south" or "outside."

I am(was) a transplant, but the facts remain:

Anyone that lives in/near Anchorage and tries to pretend "the lower 48" is like a different country is a dipshit trying to feel like a special snowflake and has never lived anywhere else.

The remainder of the state can claim special snowflake status to wildly varying degrees, but I've still never heard any Alaskan that wasn't literally crazy refer to the USA like it was a different country/continent. At most you'll hear some whining about oil or mining or fishing related laws but the same poo poo happens in the Dakotas or Colorado or Texas or Maine or whatever.

so yeah an outsider claiming anchorage is "a lovely denver with little more snow" pretty much sums it up. how many winters did you last before all the cold and dark made you tuck tail? you even go into the bush? gtfo beeeotch lol

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

FrankieGoes posted:

Lookit this guy, "OMG I gotta drive all the way across town to get to one of the two Best Buys I'm a real Alaskan cause my dad took me to the Bush Company"

i'm not from anchorage and holy lol i say "the bush" and you immediately think the loving strip club? ahahahaha god drat

look you were too loving soft to even survive alaska in its most metro area and you know what that's a-ok buddy. i've seen outsiders leave in the middle of their first winter and their is no shame in that(to other outsiders) but next time you feel like speaking for us because you barely dipped your toe here maybe don't because, and it seriously pains me to say this, palin is more alaskan than you could ever dream to be and she is fake as poo poo.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

cock hero flux posted:

because she's a politician and one of the specific breed of politician that lacks any kind of actual ideology but really, really wants to be the leader

she said that because she thought it was what people wanted to hear and whatever she's saying now is whatever she thinks people want to hear, and she hopes that nobody will actually remember or care that it's not the same thing she said before

wow that sounds like just like some other prominent politician over here in murika

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

City of Tampa posted:

ever hear the phrase "make the economy scream" (coined by Nixon) well that's what the elites do when they are mad, they can;t keep this up for too long because it hurts them too

exactly. this is their way of throwing a tantrum when something doesn't go their way

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
this is actually making me think a direct vote for trump is the way to go

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

MariusLecter posted:

LOL Britain collectively slit their own throats rather than have filthy packers, spanglers and jimmies violate their women and pillage their pensions and healthcare money

except it was futile and now theyre just bleeding to death while their women and money are pillaged

loving idiots lol

#RIPBritain

this is what the little rhode island states of the eu keep gleefully proclaiming while desperately wringing their hands and hoping france and germany don't get any ideas

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Mozi posted:

you are aware that turkey isn't in the eu, right?

you are aware in the eu caliphate that turkey will be admitted immediately, right?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

corn in the bible posted:

im excited for trump to make ameirca grate by .................??????????????????????

not being hillary

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
bears don't eat water bananas

are ze germanz tarded

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
love of country should come before love of dusky foreigners

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
what's going to be funny is seeing the repeat of all this when trump rolls into office on his golden chariot

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
what how could this happen?!?! the polls! THE POLLS!!!

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Lichy posted:

turns out direct democracy is bad and a political class exists for a reason

the true fascism of the liberal exposed

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

darkhand posted:

is there any class of people who are definitely NOT racists?

liberals, 18-24

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Dicky B posted:

i still posted an I LOVE MY POLISH NEIGHBOURS message through my polish neighbours door for some feelgood vibes :unsmith:

even though these neighbours in particular are really loud and annoying and i actually hate them but whatever

wait so they are actually really lovely but you wrote them a love letter in case brexit hurt their feelings? lol

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

City of Tampa posted:

well yeah they aren't self-aware because then it wouldn't work

but if they were told that you were a target for X made-up reason they would still shoot you without questioning it

there are always going to be guys in the military that just don't question poo poo because that's just a personality type that exists everywhere

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
it's hard to explain anything about revolution to the english because they have been cowed for so long

gave up your swords but didn't give up your kings lmbo

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

bitterandtwisted posted:

yeah, but people get busted for that. surely you agree people shouldn't be imprisoned for defending themselves against tyranny?

whoa whoa whoa

so you're saying that a tyrannical government would likely imprison someone found conspiring or enabling overthrow of that tyranny? is that actually a thing that happens?

this could change everything guys

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Rotacixe posted:

Is there a person who thinks this picture is not cool and good? If Mongolia gets to build statues of Genghis Khan, then there is no harm with the Brits retaining some vestigial structures of their global evil empire.

lol look at that pencil-necked bitch. then again i supposed in the genetic island that's britain you would look at a guy like that and think yeah this dude deserves wealth and status far beyond that of the average commoner because their blood is clearly better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
turns out having a market tantrum doesn't actually dissolve society

• Locked thread