Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The voyager wrist flashlights are so stupid.

They’ve even got a dumb name!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arglebargle III posted:

This is a cast photo for a show called DS9.

What does DS9 stand for?

District Support 9, a nice light sitcom about the shenanigans of an administration dept of a Chicagoland suburb city council.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Payndz posted:

Just realised one of Voyager's minor pleasures is whenever a villain says "Janeway" or "Voyager" with the same sneering intonation as "Hello, Newman..."

Oh yeah, that’s always fun. Doctor Who does the same thing on occasion when the villain will say ‘Time Lord’ with the same tone as one would say ‘bum face’.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What terrible listings. Delighted display! <one picture of the crate containing it> very intrigued though…

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lots of people who have been to space say it changes them. All our petty squabbling seems suddenly very insignificant.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

…all on this pale blue dot.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TV had Final Frontier and Undiscovered Country on back to back. I've never seen Final Frontier beginning to end in one go, and... it's good? It's a perfectly fine time, like maybe Shatner could have given himself less action to do, but it's a fun romp.

Undiscovered Country is still amazing however. I've seen it a few times now, and it's still great. I love Spock's little shrug when Kirk turns to him all 'Can you believe this broad telling me I can't use impulse engines in Spacedock?' Also Plummer's voice is so... cinematic? His throaty whisper on "I have so wanted to meet you captain. One warrior to another." is so gravelly and quiet but it absolutely fills the silence wonderfully. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Film4 is now showing Generations and First Contact back to back. Why was the B launched while basically incomplete? Picard and Troi's scene together when he breaks down over the death of his family is so good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The First Contact theme is so, so good. It’s evocative and speaks so loudly of family, and the journey.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hopefully this means we can get a Cerritos without paying $500

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This had me crying with laughter :3:

https://twitter.com/wellsbering/status/1350097546480394240

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/storyslug/status/1605259052656857093

Could have dug it up during S2 of Picard and then put it back.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/bencsrobinson/status/1608839932264710144

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Stayne Falls posted:

I think you'd have to handle it like that one Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode where she's in an asylum, and the villain is trying to convince her that the series up till now has been a delusion.

The series did that episode so poorly, it showed Buffy initially getting corrupted rather than starting in media res with her already in the asylum delusion. There’s no doubt in the viewer’s mind that the delusion is false, while a good episode would play with that a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

piratepilates posted:

This matte painting (matte paintings are incredibly by the way, bring those back, screw CG backgrounds) from BoBW never fails to crack me up:

Hey where'd that colony go, I could swear it was right around here, next to this giant crater 100 storeys deep. Come to think of it I don't remember there being a crater the size of Ohio here before either.

Also O’Brien says he’s putting them right in the middle of town, and this is clearly the outskirts.