Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

McSpanky posted:

CBS All Access is now free for a month, apply code GIFT to your account (not sure if it works on existing accounts or only new ones).

Can't think of any reason to use it, though.

When does “The Stand” come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Same novel

I have the audiobook of this read by John de Lancie. The unabridged version not the short one on audible.

It’s great, especially when it goes off the rails and all the timelines start to merge. It has been a while but here are some high points; the Yesterday’s Enterprise timeline Riker tries to kill normal Worf, a timeline where Jack Crusher lives and Wesley dies, Jack Crusher goes insane and kills Beverly and then blows his head off with a phaser (after Trelane shows him Picard loving Bev), when the timelines get separated two Datas (one has a human body) are left on the same Enterprise so one universe is short a Data, the other is with Tasha Yar, when Q is banished by Trelane in the galactic barrier he slips a little of his power to Gary, and Trelane is Q’s son. Q had an affair with Trelane’s mother and it would have been a scandal so they hid it from the continuum.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Payndz posted:

I can't imagine how anyone works that quickly. I'm a professional author who's considered fast by his publisher, and at full whack I might manage 20,000 words a week - 15,000 as standard. (The first draft of my latest novel took seven weeks - it would have been less, but I contracted covid-19 in the middle of it...) The most I've ever written in a single day was 8000 words, but I had no other responsibilities, started at 7am and worked non-stop to 8pm, and was also caffeinated to the eyeballs. It's not a pace I could maintain!

Maybe try cocaine.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I didn't realise the conference table bridge made it to the model stage.

Are those Gi Joes or some other late 80s toy?

Wait, I think the one guy on the top right is Lobot from Star Wars.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

Tarantino’s last film will be a remake of My Dinner With André, which is good because he’s so great at dialog. Unfortunately half the script is filled with n-bombs.

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner With André.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Verviticus posted:

man a whole lot of problems coulda been prevented across tng if picard said "warp 9" every time he needed to be somewhere instead of like, warp 4 or 5 or whatever

help our ship is blowing up in five minutes

ensign, warp...5

i like that in ds9 they just say "maximum warp" like 60% of the time. youre in space theres no highway you can go literally as fast as youre capable

What speed thing that bugs me is when they make someone take a shuttle somewhere as an excuse to get them away from the ship. It makes no sense. When La Forge is kidnapped by Romulans he is taking a shuttle that is sub light speed. Even if the trip takes 2 days the Enterprise could have just zipped him over in 40 seconds at warp 6.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

What are some favorite Star Trek quotes?

My oath of celibacy is on record, Captain.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Yay! I was wondering when they were going to finish that.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

nobody in TNG gets laid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClP8n6asn3w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I mean, they also could have done a front/rear projection like setup to eliminate the geometry issues (they did rear projection for STV for the main viewscreen).

But it was the right call to do it the way they did because it looked more futuristic then and less dated now (especially when they could just re-render the insets for the remasters.)

It really makes me wonder why they used CRTs so much in the movies.

IIRC they wanted to do rear projection on all the bridge screens but it would have been super loud and they also would have had to hire a union projectionist to run each one.