Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Now I’m picturing him doing the chef voice from The Little Mermaid.

That was Odo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Does anyone know what the Dominion logo is supposed to be? Some kind of swooping from a star upwards?

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Dominion

Quite why they would need a logo is more of a mystery, it's not like they need letterheads, but the central star is the founders. All eminates from the founders, the long line is the Jem h'adar, protecting and holding the line. The little nubbin is the Vorta, but they don't mind. The vassal states get gently caress all, they could be wiped out tomorrow if the ketracel shipment is late.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

They do a couple of times actually. Klingon scientists show up once or twice on TNG, and there's a Klingon lawyer in ENT that philosophises about every job being a battle. That wasn't bad, definitely a highlight of ENT.

That was Martok, so it's a given it was great. Also, Klingon lawyers, chefs, and administrators on DS9.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Timby posted:

Seriously. People thought Roddenberry was loving insane for having a woman as the XO in the first pilot (admittedly, he only did so, and then cast her as Nurse Chapel, because he was loving her, but still).

Edit: Put another way, it literally wasn't until something like 1996 that a majority of the population--and it was a razor-slim majority--believed interracial marriage should be legal.

Well, he was insane. And a compulsive liar. And not someone you would leave your sweetie with. Timby, you remember when Gene was busting his gut to rip the pants off his secretary in his office, and his wife, Eileen, was at the front office door, and Majel, his mistress was at the backdoor? They filthy bastard had a concealed magnetic lock installed in the outer office to grant privacy for his grubby doings, and apparently to keep Justman out.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

With all those pleats I'm hoping for some kind of jodhpurs situation in the thigh region.

They are hot pants. Just look at the pose he is striking.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Beachcomber posted:

Shades of Gray is bad, but it's so bad there's never been a Star Trek clip show since.

The Drumhead nearly was.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

Come to think of it, do we ever see people leave Starfleet as a matter of routine? The force structure can't have one admiral per ensign, can it?

Bones, Worf, Sisko considered it.

e: Even Picard toyed with creating ocean floor habitats.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 17, 2017

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Man the Doctor seems really...fickle and disloyal to his friends?

Not only was he ready to abandon all his friends forever to be a celebrity on the world that has never heard of music, but now he betrays them to some hologram rebels who almost murder the entire crew.

Wtf how could you ever trust him after that.

They did treat him like utter poo poo, though.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Peldor joy, my children!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Powered Descent posted:

Jolan tru to you as well.

I hope you have your renewal scroll prepared, Romulan.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

dont even fink about it posted:

Ferengi aren't twentieth century capitalists, they're what politically tone deaf DS9 writers think twentieth century capitalism is, which results in a jew goblin meant, comically, to somehow indict capitalism.

Get a new gimmick, for god's sake

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Cythereal posted:

I like to think this is what those weird dream aliens from DS9 If Wishes Were Horses were up to.

Its what the Organisms do.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s so odd that the actor who played Okona was the runner up to play Riker. I just can’t see it.

It wasn't, it was Jeff Coombes.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Timby posted:

Combs.

Combs.

COMBS.

You're tight. A terrible mistake to make, and I curse autocorrect.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Speaking of ageing tubs of lard, does anyone know what Faustian pact Shatner struck? He got off murdering his wife, and is nearly all the way to 90. Why couldn't De have lasted so long?

By the way, I love Frakes. He seems like a man I'd enjoy getting wrecked with.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

If you shoot us again, there will be repercussions!
*boom Krak whoosh*
Now, I'm not joking. Next time you'll be in bother. Would you like to pop over for a cup of team in conference room 7?
Good, we shall be waiting.

Number one, I am so upset with the Romulan reaction, I fear his tea will be stewed. Also, do not replicate any Petit fours, he can make do with cucumber sandwiches

:kingsley: Sir! Are you sure you want to provoke them that much?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Quick Q's on the Children of Time ep of DS9

1) So did Worf end up not killing his own descendants because they all decided they would support/complete the loop that starts the colony?

2) Wouldn't the Starfleet time cops who just visited them in Trials and Tribulations be wanting to investigate this too? And wouldn't they have tools to keep the colony from never existing? Or is that not kosher for time-stuff?

I always thought that episode would have been a much better premise for Insurrection, as opposed to a fountain of loving youth. Be interesting to see how Picard feels about descendants that are not hallucinations or clones, and Data could build an army of Lals

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Gonz posted:

So Trump lowkey mentioned a proposal to create a Star Fleet earlier today.

Molten slag levels in console panels: Not mentioned.

Well, he fits the model for inept/corrupt/evil Admirals

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Nessus posted:

To Frakes' everlasting credit, he wanted to have the character Riker romanced from the agender species to be played by a man.

It's in character. Riker would gently caress a frog if he could stop it hopping long enough. Remember his ' I'm getting a chub on' expression when Data's experimenting with ruining women's lives and he says " that's what I'm hoping you find out😆"

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Minidust posted:

I think DS9 also had a throwaway line about "the recent Borg threat" around the time First Contact came out. But it wasn't an actual plot point or anything.

Papa Sisko mentions 'the Borg scare' in Home front. They had to acknowledge it, I suppose, and did it with subtlety.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

No, FC occurred just before/during 'Rapture' in DS9. That's when the uniforms change.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Cythereal posted:

The producers of First Contact also wanted to blow up the Defiant, and the DS9 writers revolted.

Yeah, Ira Behr was livid and kicked and screamed to stop the Defiant showing up, but got overruled.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Timby posted:

He's not wrong.

I bet you remember what beat Nemesis at the box office. Maid in Manhattan haha. Bet Berman loved meeting the execs after that.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Maid in Manhattan was pretty good, though.

If you say so. We run a broad church here.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

Quark and Co being the aliens from Roswell is so good. This show is so good.

You were told...

Wait for the surprise.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

CPColin posted:

At 4:41 just now, the NCAA women's basketball final went into the 4th quarter tied 41-41. Should I decompress the main shuttlebay or something?

I understand they have strong fundamentals.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

Watching DS9's "Civil Defense." It's... funnier than I remember. The situations in and of themselves aren't funny, but the timing and pace of things is just great.

:godwinning: Remain where you are and surrender to Cardassian authorities.
:v: Hm. The door is locked.
:j: I'll shoot out the panel. *pew pew*
:godwinning: SECURITY LEVEL THREE ACTIVATED. Now I'mma gas everyone.
:j: ....Tits.

Repeat for 44 minutes. I love it.

It's great for Garak calling out Dukat's hard on about Kira, and Dukat gets hosed over at every turn.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I don't know if brexit means anything to you guys, but Jean-luc Picard is trying to stop it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43774200

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He’s finally resumed aging in these last few years and I don’t like it

So would you if you are getting closer to 80, and had a hot @40 year old wife. The man can't be getting any sleep.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm at the Voyager section of the Fifty Year Mission and still wonder what Bujold's deal was especially when it came to the makeup & costuming people touching her. She had been in plenty of movies and had to have been touched while making those. I can't imagine an actor showing up on the set and just start acting without being readied by the crew.

All I heard, years ago, was her complaint about comic book dialogue.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

I’m kind of surprised that the other super old Klingon guy didn’t go on the suicide mission with Kor. What’s he waiting for, an even more glorious battle moment? Doesn’t he want to get into Stovokor too? Naw, just hang out and sing some songs and die a dishonorable death to old age!

You know, I was going to correct you, but I can't be arsed

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

Rest in peace, Franklin.

You were Scottie's friend and he died.

I'm probably stupid for being so stupid, but Franklin was the ensign killed on the Jenolan transporter, and the ship from Beyond. Wonder if it was a little Easter egg...

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Nah, the Franklin was named after Justin Lin's dad.

drat. Well not in my empty little head, I'll consider the tragic death of Franklin linked in some time fuckery way to a space boom box that has motorbikes instead of shuttles.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

I just watched Tapestry, and Q and Picard's chemistry is absolutely wonderful. Such a well written and intelligent episode. Makes me wish we got more Q, though of course we couldn't or else he'd be spoiled.

We did, and he was.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

I always thought Q's appearances in Voyager were some of the show's better episodes, personally.

That's like choosing between a poke in the eye and a kick in the bollocks.

Sorry Alan_Shore! AGT is how I remember A. In fact, I'm gonna watch it RIGHT NOW

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Do you remember when I first offered you scones? ;-*

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

HIJK posted:

Listen if you're going to insist on a multifaceted and dynamic character instead of a 2d cardboard cutout that creates only shallow connections then you can just get outta the tv industry

Have you ever met good friend of this thread, Elim Garak?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

Tholians aren't in DS9, I think you're thinking of the Breen?

Seems so. They mention the Tholian ambassador, Tholian silk, and so on. In cool with the Green being a mystery, and even bit of an in joke.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Pick posted:

It would probably be really boring and unsatisfying.

You've met my ex, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Astroman posted:

Lol look at dis newb cooking boqrat .

Next thing you'll say you cook your gagh in some sort of new age Klingon-Italian style hybrid cooking. :rolleyes:

Bath is se bed live, smooth head. Also, apparently Janeway could burn replicated food so bad she had to resort to pb&j. Which then burst into flames.