Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

cat doter posted:

I have very little patience with that kind of "it's a waste of time" elitism, like any one medium is inherently more meaningful than the other to the individual

like, if you're having a good time who loving gives a poo poo

also to say "video games are bad because of X" is usually a pointless rhetorical exercise since it's such an expansive and varied medium that those arguments would only count for a tiny sliver of what is actually available to experience

lol ur a nerd xd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

One thing I've found disappointing is that people who do a podcast I really like, when they start doing movie reviews, just repeat dumb man-on-the-street stuff.

Like I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that the Dry Boys don't really "get" BvS. :can:

This is relevant to their work, because they often talk about how the average person can't read culture because class consciousness in the USA has been systematically ground down and atomized into nothingness, leading to liberals looking in the wrong places, freaking out about phenomena like "cultural appropriation" and only seeing critique of the establishment in terms of notional consumer choices.

Simply put, most people get no education in how to read film or television. If you're like me, you got a segment in your 10th grade English class in how to read things like character archetypes and conflict in a story, and how to read the plot of a short story. But Star Wars and The Avengers have a greater effect on popular ideology than like, "The Scarlet Ibis" or whatever.

Shut up bitch

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Is the Taxi to the Dark Side episode indicative of Cum Town? Because it's loving boring.

Cum town is the greatest podcast of all time

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
tom perez and all dems...retire bitchhh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

Did *anyone* think Newsroom was good? Like I know libs fawn over the West Wing but does anyone even give a poo poo about the Newsroom anymore except to poo poo on it?

All I know about the newsroom is that loving clip of the guy from dumb and dumber talking about how bad the USA is in some college talk or some poo poo. The most annoying video of all time, constantly shared for years between my facebook friends (especially between my mexican friends in the states)

What episode do they even talk about the newsroom?

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 24, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

because a bunch of loving nerds repeatedly asked about it. read the thread.

bruh you are a loving loser hth

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kunster posted:

Early today a new episode with David Cross has shown up for free, but probably everyone here has seen it.

However, remember that promised episode where Matt talks about gaming on that podcast Felix was at? Got dropped today as well!!

Really enjoyed this, and even though I still play games it really struck a chord with me. I remember when I was in a video game major my first year of college I loving hated everyone in my classes because their only identity was video games and it was so loving boring.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That guy isn't even the worst poster in the twin peaks thread lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gas

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I listened to this today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvN464imtMQ

Holy poo poo this guy just lost all connection with reality as soon as he heard Amber chime in. Dude breaks into prayer when confronted with a woman who says she had an abortion.

Also, Matt shouting "Butt sex!"

Edit:

Matt Walther: 'That is.. that is satanic and not funny'
Amber: 'Hail satan'
Will: 'Actually its hilarious'
Matt C: 'It's very funny'

Heard this for the first time and goddamnit I couldn't stop laughing when this rando just brings up punching a baby in the face to compare it to anal lmaooooo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm the second laptop

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

smr posted:

I'm fuckin' 43 and was working ISP tech support when GeoCities was new and hip and I've always pronounced it like Felix did. I know I'm wrong and people gave me poo poo back in the day about this, too, but Gee-AH-ci-tease just sounds way more right to me, always has.

:yikes:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao at lurkers tbh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Virgil owns

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lmao of course it was Boston

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

steakmancer posted:

drat I talked about CTH (?) with my gf in confidence, do I sever

its too late dog

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Trump also had one for his party lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

steakmancer posted:

If you do this you're a loving retard

You're such an amber

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm really at a loss to explain Twitter libs boosting establishment Democrats with these stirring Aaron Sorkin calls to arms. Does the fact that Clinton and Pelosi are successful women just blind them to their flaws? Is it that simplistic?

yes. it really is that simplistic

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yesssssss

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Long have we waited now we jebaited

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hahahaha what a loving nerd

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Re:twitch from earlier in the thread... I kind of wonder, looking back on that gamergate thing from a few years ago where it seems like most self-identitied gamers are politically aware now, even if their politics are based in their disdain for girls or whatever, if there was a missed opportunity to introduce that subculture to class consciousness or if such a subculture would be resistant to the idea

I'm gonna say a majority of people who identify as "gamers" probably identify to the right.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Die Sexmonster! posted:

It's a vocal minority, at least :sigh:

uh no its a big majority.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nah, it's just that the people who get mad at that stuff are super vocal.

You are delusional if you think this.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

games with female protagonists and gay romance options still sell super well. The screeching pepe gamefaqs commentators are not the massive demographic you might think.

Yeah as you said games are in the realm of normies

Guy Goodbody posted:

Video games are not a niche subgenre, they are a huge industry, rivaling movies. The consumers of video games are standard people, not alt-right 4channers. "Gamer" is not actually a niche subculture.

the Mass Effect series didn't drop off in sales after it introduced gay romance options. Tomb Raider games sold better after they changed Lara Croft to have smaller boobs and wear pants. Farcry 5 will sell better than Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash

Video games are firmly in the realm of normies

"Gamers" don't consider themselves normies.

Do you see where I'm going with this

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't even think the majority of people who watch twitch streams are the pepe types. I really think that you're overestimating the numbers of the alt-right. They're extremely vocal because they have no lives and never shut up, but if they were a big group then that would have evidence, somewhere. But it terms of actual real world impact, what have they done? Briefly made Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball a best-seller on video game import sites?

You're putting a lot of words in the my mouth. I never said poo poo about alt right, pepe, ghost busters, doa extreme, or whatever the gently caress. I said, people who identify themselves as "gamers" lean more to the right. Gamers are not normies, and normies are not gamers. Do you need me to spell it out for you even more.

The majority of people who play video games don't go on twitch or go to conventions or whatever, they're just normal people. But theres a lot of people who self identify as a "gamer" as some sort of class or some poo poo. Now I'm gonna assume you identify as a "gamer" and thats why you keep defending games culture or whatever the gently caress so much. But in the realm of "GAMERS" the majority of them who are either online, on twitter, on twitch, on reddit, on 4chan, etc., identify more to the right..

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Twitch is super popular, dude. It's one of the biggest sources of internet traffic, up there with Netflix. I'm gonna assume you identify as a gamer, and that's why you're getting so mad about this.

i dont identify as a gamer

also you are a retard :)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i only play animal crossing am i a gamer

friend....you a gamer

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Bob go on cum town

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkHertling/status/881908744480727041

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/881920102190510088

https://twitter.com/jeffjacobs79/status/881907717476016128

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I hope it's the same when they referenced killer Michael

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

King Reol, the guy who was, I think, the first crazy person to have a beef with this website, is also an elevator review youtuber now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfSXLbLZQEI

This is sad as gently caress

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

quadrophrenic posted:

being into old elevators is cool and interesting, i like having weird interests in dorky poo poo and i like people who have weird interests in dorky poo poo

doesn't have to be a weird breathy weirdo though

Nah

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

imagine being a dr who fan

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Javes posted:

I was kinda dumbfounded that people tried to associate bend the knee with anything sexual. I thought Game of Thrones was the only show people watched these days?

Never underestimate just how retarded people can be

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

papa horny michael posted:

these slurs will not be tolerated

Tolerate deez

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Jeet isn't good because he does tweet storms. And anyone who does a tweet storm is not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Jeet is actually bad