Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The CoC episodes are hit or miss but Felix giving up entirely near the end of the last one and then succeeding anyway was good

And of course the extreme anti-Italian racism in the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Zhulik posted:

how many yall like podcasts

*raises paw*

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I didn't really remember Matt's inebriated ep about conspiracy theories so I listened to it today and it's kinda mindblowing it came out just before Epstein was back in the news again

I choose to believe that this was his 'hannibal buress getting people to pay attention to bill cosby being a rapist' moment

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I expected the episode to be some really long Amber-centric story about some kind of liberal academia scandal but nope that poster was just really mad about Amber answering the question "how was your trip to X?" for a few minutes :laffo:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Why would you harangue the president of the DSA like this

prefect posted:

This post-Brazil segment with everybody there is really fun. :allears:

This was great and pretty charming but it was weirdly melancholy when it came just after what appears to be Greenwald's last interview before being black-bagged

At least he got a good dig in at Virgil :shobon:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Oh is autism sneaks the guy who hated cumtown so much he got the cspam podcast thread closed :laffo:

Very cool and normal

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

The_Rob posted:

Blade Runner 2049 was pure trash that fundamentally misunderstood the original on a level I didn’t think was possible. Making Deckerd into this legendary figure rather than just a blip is so lame and predictable. Also doing the the tired your daughter is the key to the revolution nonsense. Deckard was never a hero and he probably did more harm than good in the original. The one interesting part of the movie was the digital girlfriend stuff but it didn’t really end up going anywhere. Honestly ford shouldn’t have been in the film at all.

I agree with this

Ryan Gosling having computer sex: cool, good

Jared Leto pretending to be blind and ranting incoherently at a bored Harrison Ford about pregnant robots or something: just absolute dogshit

It looked pretty though

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Felix abandoning his MGS playthrough because he couldn't beat the second(?) boss like two hours in should kinda cement his status as real bad at games, which makes him being fixated on competitive MP games even funnier

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Imagine going to see aquaman and getting mad that people are laughing and having a good time instead of listening closely to the plot about who will be true oceanmaster or whatever the gently caress

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Lambert posted:

People are there to watch the movie, not to experience you and your group of friends annoying everyone by "having a good time".

If you live in portland please do not attend any screenings of the joker film in its first week because when he gets his sign stolen or says we live in a society or whatever you will likely hear very loud laughter and there is a strong possibility it will be me + others enjoying the incel clown movie

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I read doonesbury which I suspect now is the comic equivalent of the west wing but I refuse to go back and have that confirmed

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

It's sad that red scare makes more than street fight tbh

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I know ONE AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS sounds like a lot and it seems like this hegemonic cultural sensation if you spend your time in this corner of the internet but like, it's ~25K people paying $5 a month. That's nothing! That's a successful and enviable but hardly unprecedented high school football program. How does anyone get that worked up about this.

Any leftists achieving any level of success are to be met with suspicion and anger since it goes against a tradition of permanent infighting and flailing

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Clipperton posted:

we'll always have struggle session

the last time this was arguable was maybe 1995

e: ah here we go

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1154782696347963393

Hes right

Mark Millar being so bad may have taken some of the heat off but man preacher is rough now that I'm not a teenage atheist

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I thought the authority was cool in my youth but now literally every movie and tv show is about superheros who swear and have sex and it makes me wanna puke blood

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

you can fight authority but it always wins.

Brb currently subscribing to disney plus while hating myself

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Just gotta say I am extremely on board with will's obsession with misbehavin' from the righteous gemstones

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Stringent posted:

I think we should approach the election with an expectation of the worst possible case and prepare for that.

Biden/Kamala ticket wins with Republican supermajority in both chambers

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

same. then I quit when the stupid teleporting zombies made their appearance.

You put 120 hours in then quit on mission, like, 12? :confused:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Four Brothers, the seminal film of our time

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Felix is right that the joker is middling at best and will be forgotten about in two weeks but nick is also right that the four or so funny parts were very well done

The leftist stuff and the mental health stuff and even the batman stuff was so underdeveloped it doesnt really say anything substantial? Like I guess if it had any kind of message it would be that the rich making GBS threads on the poor and mentally unwell is bad and that's a leftist message by default but ehhh

But Joaquin did absolutely put in a great performance in this otherwise pretty generic 'crazy guy finally snaps and takes revenge on society' movie so good on him!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

literally laughed out loud at it actually being zizek lmao goddamn

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I feel like it was street fight that had a whole thing on how the edgy comedians of the late 90s/early 2000s which were basically just white guys saying racial slurs was this weird moment where liberals really did think racism was over so you were just being contrarian and David cross was 100% one of those guys

Also to this day I still dont know if his cumtown interview was him trying to do a bit and then them steamrolling his bit with a funnier bit or them all being in on the joke together

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Cloks posted:

You're joking right? He has no knowledge of basic anatomy and his art falls apart under any sort of scrutiny.

The bar is extremely low for political cartoonists and yes garrison's art is absolutely among the best

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I completely forgot which insane Hillaryman that Adam Pachinko was so I listened to the original early 2018 ep and it turns out he was HRC's unpaid volunteer orc cop who burned a vanity fair magazine in his living room for making fun of her after she lost :waycool:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

See, the 'die cis scum' poo poo is why I abjectly dislike most posters who consider themselves trans first and people second. Leftist, if even they are leftist, ranks somewhere around sixth or tenth depending on how much else they bog down their resume with superfluous half-identities like 'polyam' and 'demisexual'.

At no point, however, in my dislike of you generally, do I go 'all trans people need to die'. You know why? Because I don't want you to die. I want you to stop being annoying. I seem to annoy you with pointing out your personality flaws, yet I get no such consideration in return. For me, it's 'die, cis scum'.

Die, cis scum

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Ummmm actually all lives matter? I mean I guess I care about all people, not sure why BLM needs to be so divisive

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Wow you guys talk a lot about women's rights but not men's rights? Guess only certain peoples problems matter to you........

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Me, I'm a gamer first and person second

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Guy who exclusively posts alt-right stuff in the leftist podcast thread" is a weird bit tbh

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

space uncle posted:

Have the Chapo boys streamed Disco Elysium yet? Or talked about the voice acting or collaboration with ZAUM?

I can’t believe they have a gaming channel and appear in a video game and continue to stream Fortnite. Felix finally has a chance to be a big boy video game connoisseur and is still headshotting children for a living.

In what world is being a millionaire for being third mic on a podcast not already a step up from being the next hbomberguy or whatever

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

The horse show is good even if it's up its own rear end, lots of good stuff is extremely up its own rear end

Groovelord Neato posted:

Death Stranding seems unstreamable from the reviews.

People will watch someone slowly cultivate plant crops and build fences in stardew valley for hours, how would 'guy slowly makes his way across a barrel landscape and trips a lot' any different

Unstreamable for felix though is a strong possibility

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

prefect posted:

Ten minutes into this latest episode, and I have no loving idea what the gently caress they're talking about. :corsair:

The guest having to clarify if this is a thing they genuinely enjoy rather than a bit about some dumb poo poo like that terrible 'I hope they dont kill me' song is almost an unintentional commentary on irony poisoning and it kinda made me laugh

I remember watching the first half or so of evangelion back in my teens but never finishing it and then moving and forgetting the DVDs at my old place so a couple years ago I was like "I'll just read about the ending on wikipedia" and boy does that not translate to a concise text description

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Oh my god does she think adam is mentally disabled :laffo:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Not to make this a whole thing but the way they make shows now that you're just supposed to watch eight hours of in a day to kind of remember a general arc and a couple lines from a week later sucks poo poo even when the show isn't just CIA propaganda

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I enjoyed this exchange

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1198392530464841729?s=19

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1198396232907014144?s=19

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 24, 2019

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I bought a PS4 for $350 and its pretty good, I play games on it on my television

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Nothus posted:

Consoles are for children, hth

The more money you spend on gaming the more adult the hobby becomes

This is why guys playing Warhammer look like they're enjoying it as much as doing taxes or calling an insurance company

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I wanna see baby yoda fight the Darth maul with robot legs from solo

Who would win? Watch my 7 hour youtube video about this to find out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Other things I would like to see baby yoda fight:

-the lady yoda from the prequels (his mom??!!!)

-darth maul's brother named "savage oppress"

-that ghoulish cgi tarkin from rogue one with dead eyes

-an evil luke skywalker with a red lightsaber from one of the hundreds of novels or comic books where this probably happened