Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Reserving this post in the new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Has any one had a 335 artifact to drop from CoO?

How long do i have to farm that poo poo for to get that to drop?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Cool, ive got stacks of antiquated runes, is it only one rune chance at an artifact per week? Or can i just keep burning them, i have like 7 or something

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

xzzy posted:

One artifact is guaranteed on each kill. The very first time a character does the fight you'll get two artifacts.

So yeah, burn them all if you want. If you're still building up your light though I would only use one or two.. save a few runes for when you're 333/334 so you can get some 335's.

Im 333 so i should be good, i just cant be bothered usually hanging around in that area waiting for other people to turn up and i get sick of the whole "walk into zone" thing where you either get bazillions of randos or your just there like the loneliest guardian of then all

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Ive been out of the loop over the last few weeks and was pretty suprised to see the LFG stuff that XBOX are going to stuff into their system in the next few months (?)

The Club, LFG & Arena stuff seems pretty interesting, does anyone think this will take off in Destiny? I can definitely see the benefits of not having to have the LFG app set up on my phone and having to find my table or be thumbing through my phone while in orbit to find e-friends, it also seems like it would integrate into games a little more seamlessly as well so would solve a number of issues with these types of activities in general.

It would also make a large amount of things irrelevant, so clans, 3rd party websites, slack groups could all potentially be superseded providing it works and isn't poo poo.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

MarshyMcFly posted:

You cant, their both exotics...

You can on a titan as long as you equip Armamantarium as your chest piece

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i think that's a joke about some guy who didn't realize some items were exotics or something

Shhhhh

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

hitchensgoespop fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 21, 2016

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Dont know about you guys but im gonna pre order, play it for about 8 hrs straight when it drops then hit this thread hard with the sickest and illest of burns on bungle.

Rise of iron....heh...more like...rise of.....um...more like..risotto of...

gently caress it, i got a few months yet, gonna prep some cool burns to be ready

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

cvnvcnv posted:

I haven't preordered and have zero confidence I'll buy it ever. Reading between the lines, what we really get is the insulting illusion of an expanded or deepened endgame, a bunch of redundant gear, and also some likely trash Exotics still bound to rng. PVP looks to be getting fractured further with no substantive changes on the horizon as they clearly mean to only ever tinker, not repair or overhaul.

DESTINY has a place in my heart but when every single patch and update brings with it the potential for scorched Earth disaster, I see no reason to pay to subject myself to playing on a rug that is going to get pulled out from under me as many times as possible.

Look at these serious words about shooting pew pew guns in space LOL (laugh out loud)

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I like to see people who have written really agressive LFG posts looking for people to raid with that are like "ONLY 335s TOM BS NEED TO BE EXPERT, IF YOU DIE YOU WILL BE KICKED, NO KIDS, NO IDIOTS, SERIOUS RADE ONLY" and their requests sit there for ages cos no one wants to raid with a huffy sad brain who gets annoyed when you spend an hour on the totems cos the game glitching (i.e everyone keeps forgetting to say when they are moving back to centre)

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Blackfyre posted:

One thing that I don't get is why this game doesn't really seem to be taken all that seriously in Europe, UK deffo. Never seem to find many people playing raids etc in the UK always get US players even when picking up pubbies.

Speaking of if anyone wouldn't mind helping out with CoE at say 8PM GMT tonight or KF HM at the weekend see the other thread and message me.

XBONE cool guy or Ps4 wanker?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I'm gonna say something controversial so hold onto your hats.....

I like this game.

Consider this my finest hour and my greatest meltdown.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Blackfyre posted:

So after reading this thread some more I'm taking away that this is a dead bad game with just those who have poor connections playing so theres no point getting Rise of Iron because its a bad game that is no fun with a dwindling playerbase that will drop more with RoI

Basically this thread is a giant honeypot to weed out the pissiest and most whiney posters from the Games sub forum.

We are all paid a lot of money by Lowtax each month to reel them in, induce a meltdown and then they leave/get banned.

If you feel thats something you want to be a part of then i suggest you buy a few copies of the game and settle in.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Roman posted:

raid matchmaking is a great idea though

the "well give us the OPTION for raid matchmaking" people are great. yeah i hate that when I buy toilet paper it doesn't come with a razor blade to shove up my rear end in a top hat. give me the option to slice my rear end in a top hat open!

Raid matchmaking would be terrible and amusing in equal proportions, BUT having the functionality to pull raids together not integrated into the game and entirely dependent on 3rd party apps is loving stupid.

Hopefully the LFG stuff they are building into the XBONE OS will fix that but im skeptical

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Instead of matchmaking from orbit it should be a big billboard in the tower and the organizer could specify requirements like "must have multiple successful clears" or "light level above xxx" and language settings that the system would validate for you automatically. To avoid the BS like MUST HAVE 20+ CLEARS make it so you can't set the requirement higher than what the organizer has on their account, so they can't require you to have more experience or higher light level than they have.

You should have to validate your mic ownership by rapping the 1st verse from a rotating set of 90s rap anthems, you would record that in like you pick up the sigil in the reef and then people can browse your attempts and invite you or not based on your skills.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Also you should have to scan your birth certificate in and if you're a literal child you have to put your announcements up at the baby board

very clear pedo risk there fella, may want to rethink that

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Has anyone been able to pre order ROI in the UK from the xbox live store?

Im trying to throw money at the screen and it wont let me.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Adregan posted:

I already pre ordered mine on Xbox. It's been up for a few days

It just worked for me. Xboxlive is so lovely at times its a wonder anyone buys anything.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

BlindSite posted:

If you can get a hard mode raid do it. Infusion is now 1 to 1 and faction rank ups give end game gear up to 330.

Use the rep boosters and bounties for quick gains.

Im 334 and havent done a raid in months. All faction and ib gear.

Though i do need a 335 relic to hit 335 the rest of my poo poo i got to 335 through 0 real effort.

Ive never had anything decent above my current light level from faction packages? Is that just RNG at work or am i doing something wrong, they only thing that has ever raised my LL was HM raid which would either give me one useful item per raid but most times not and then IB which would always drop decent poo poo

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Ive read about this before expansion launches but what does it get you?

Dont the engrams decrypt old gear? Are people really that interested i the newer legendaries?

Wont your light level be restricted in some way so you wont get much of a LL boost beyond base value +6 or whatever?

Explain yourself engram hoarders.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Do ghosts drop as loot from IB after you hit a certain rank or is it just RNG?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I know you get a 280 ghost once you hit L5 but do they drop at you current LL in the after game loot shower?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

CheeseFactory posted:

Primary weapons are so loving poo poo right now. There is nothing that has a TTK good enough to reliably kill a shotgun rusher or take on a sniper.

Special weapons really are a pile of loving poo poo.

PvP is just a case of stacking poo poo that can one shot kill. Sticky nades. Shoulder charge. Etc. Because primary weapons are so loving bad.

Well. That my rant.

Bring back Thorn :colbert:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Im severely colourblind, when i did the colour blind test in school the nurse ended it after 3 slides and called her colleagues in to see me do the test again and they all went "whoah.....its like a part of his brain is missing"

I deal with the radar issues the same way that i dealt with the element burn in Y1 and not being able to match my trousers to my shirt without my wifes approval, i just get on with it.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Didn't see a single IB ghost drop during this IB, i played maybe 30 matches post getting to Rank 5 and had nothing but garbage drop for me.

During those 30 or so laggy as gently caress games, i came to the realization that the difference between being 334 & 335 is all in my head and doesn't matter, especially so close to ROI being released when it will all become irrelevant anyway. I put my controller down and went and sat out in my garden and drank a beer instead of grinding lovely matches.

I think that during this revelation ive actually "won" at destiny, maybe this is what Bungie had in mind all along.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Can you believe that some spunk trumpets on reddit will block any person seen dropping "bags" in a game, even if its a team mate.

I once shook my head in disbelief as one of these idiots called it "unsporting" and people agreed with them.

In my head i assumed they were fat weaklings and so was everyone that agreed with them, If you cant strict press 100KGs then you have no place in this game guardian.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Turkey Farts posted:

All I want in a balance patch is for the homie Shaxx to slow his fuckin roll. No need to tell me I've lost the lead when the match just started. I got this chief. I'm in the fuckin zone.

Yes. This.

Your falling behind, your in the lead, your falling behind,your in the lead.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Do we have any idea when the whole LFG CLAN thing will be implemented onto the xbone?

Autumn i thought was the rough timeline

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Buff all weapons i like/use

Nerf all weapons i don't like/don't use

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
They should bring back the element type stuff on primary's , that was pretty good fun, getting a primary with a damage type you didnt have and being pushed to run PvP with that gun you werent so sure of

Ive basically used MIDA and nothing else since they pulled it int Y2 and i find it impossible to use anything else, i try using stuff in PvP and i just get mashed for an hour and switch back. The main reason is to maintain my impressive 0.98KDR.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

haveblue posted:

Elements have no effect in PVP :confused:

They should probably add solar and void primary exotics just because it's weird that there's only an arc primary now, but they wanted to move away from a handful of weapons being head and shoulders above all the rest for PVE.

yeah, but using stuff in PvE kinda gets you used to PvP, it shortens the learning curve slightly

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
New areas already being glitched into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmfEURu8n60

Must be weird being a game dev and have this sort of thing start to happen

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I'd wager when Sir Paul McCartney thinks of visor games in his head he imagines pong or pac man or maybe a pinball machine with a very interactive top mounted display.

He has more money than God so why the gently caress he did that I've no idea, especially as he usually has some modicum of artistic integrity.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Why wouldn't Macca be stoked to be associated with the best immersive multi console gaming experience currZzzzzzzzzzzzz

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Fired up the game for a few games last nigt, went into PvP solo

Got dropped into a game with another guy against a fire team of 4 people. So it was 4 Vs 2.

They start to basically hunt us for sport and the scores go 900 to 200 ish.

Then another 2 people get dropped into the game, sweet at last, except they get dropped onto the other team so now its 6 vs 2.

Still finished the game with a 1.47 KDR :smuggo:

To be clear it was only 6 vs 2 for a few mins but still.....

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Thorn always was the most fun in the game, i once got a 12 kill streak by blindly firing it into a doorway on that map that looks like a shopping centre.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

gently caress yeah so our idea of Star War Episode 1 Pod Racing can live

One team on scooters, the other team has sniper rifles and the pod racers have to get to the other side of the map on skyshock or bastion of light or whatever

Snipers and sticky grenades.

Can you gently caress with loadouts and whatever in the private matches? Infinite ammo or restrict weapons etc?

Playing that gametype where everyone had unlimited rockets in Halo was pretty fun for a 20 minute blast

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
http://www.wastedondestiny.com/

Whos the goon with the most hours logged?

Im clocking in at a shameful 527hrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

schmeo is sitting at 2973 lol

17 and a half WEEKS :stare:

To put that in perspective, thats the equivalent of logging on Jan the first, and playing non stop 24hrs a day till the first week of April.

• Locked thread