Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Hey man, sorry I was just wrapping up when you hopped in last night. Another time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dopants posted:

I don't usually have a big problem with LFG. You just need to be very, very scrutinizing. That being said, I joined a group last night that was 90% fine except for this 11 year old that was annoying as poo poo.

Sorry man, I'll try to tone it down next time.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

Well it's surprising for me - this is the first time i'm doing this. Also, kind of hard to grab goons when there's only one person online and he seems to be AFK in the Scourge of Winter mission.

You can solo that version pretty easily. At the end, you need to kill a taken knight that'll spawn when the boss is about half dead. He'll spawn on the right as you face the boss. That's the actual mission. Just solo it. It's fun!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

PassTheRemote posted:

Is this IB gonna be Clash or Control?

Control

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

What are the vendor rolls on IB gear this time? I'm dreaming of a really nice ViewTac weyloran and pulse reloader gloves.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I signal to others that I'm normal by shaking them and screaming I AM EXTREMELY NORMAL AND DONT NEED YOUR VALIDATION in their faces.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I've got 405, so if I have a higher Elo than you then you can have a seat on the noob couch -> _/

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Just got this longbow to close out my night :stare:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

When you tell your playerbase that matchmaking is prioritized on the highest skill team member and now you gotta do damage control

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got my poo poo pushed in by three guys with emblems and UR/snipers earlier. It sucked.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

gently caress, marry, kill: SBMM, DLC release schedule, story writing???

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Meltdown May has run clean on through to July.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

xzzy posted:

Or load up the excel spreadsheet they were using to schedule the modifiers and cut and paste the old ones to new rows and schedule the next three months worth of challenges.

"sorry timmy we just don't have the manpower for that, we gotta get this bush moved."

Too much content

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

fennesz posted:

Ok. I thought I remembered someone mentioning you needed to be t11 or t12 to survive shoulder charge. I guess that's one more reason to roll Titan. I love fusions in PvP right now and making GBS threads on every single shoulder charge nerd would feel so good. I can't even count the number of times I've died mid fusion burst to a charge.

Thanks for the replies y'all :banjo:

Literally the only thing affected by your tier is your ability cooldowns. Totally separate from agility/recovery/armor.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Noam Chomsky posted:

EDIT EDIT

My god, so much content cut so they could sell it as DLC...

Too much content

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got a Villainy with rangefinder, braced frame, feeding frenzy last night. I haven't tested it out yet, but on paper that seems...really good? It's like a Nirwen's with way more range. Braced puts it just under max stability.

The only problem is that it's a bad archetype and nothing will ever be better than vendor Hawksaw.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I sharded my OG khvostovs so I'm hosed, boys

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Remember when everyone freaked out over how good Jade Rabbit was going to be, then about how fun No Time To Explain was going to be?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I have to admit that I'm going to be unreasonably grumpy if not keeping my starter gun ends up being a bad thing!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

It sounds like it'll just save you a small amount of time since you can also get the quest item from a bunch of other places with lower reliability.

Phew!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maybe they were using Mayhem to wrap up their subclass emblem quest. I used it to do that on my Sunbreaker.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is soloing Crota's End tough? I...I kind of want to do it...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Either, really. I never did it when it was current, and I only cleared it once in a "tour the old content" raid night last year.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

I, for one, don't give a poo poo about filling in circles

Destiny, by all rights, should not be the game for you then, but here we are.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Isn't inverse shadow a helmet perk?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Yes

Bad Juju has String of Curses which also increases your super but it doesn't say anything about minions and it has a lot of text about reloading.

Something I was wondering the other day-the wording is ambiguous on String of Curses. I know that the added damage is part of the proc, but is the increased super, too?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yes. It was very popular in Y1 when paired with Obsidian Mind. Juju is still the go to super builder primary in PvE content.

Yeah, it's my most used PVE gun normally. I just wasn't sure if the super bonus came on all kills, or only those with string of curses active.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

omg

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

Currently on 146 trials wins in a row :getin:

I got seven wins a couple times

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Godlike tracking...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Holy poo poo

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

For precision kill week and also every week use only The First Curse™

That's a weird way to spell Bad Juju :confused:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

NMS has a sort of variation on skating. GOTY

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

IB pitches itself as THE HARDCORE PVP WEEK but the actual Wu Tang secret is that it's maybe the most laid back activity in the game. Sit back, be amazed at the lag, and let it shower purples on you.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

hitchensgoespop posted:

Do ghosts drop as loot from IB after you hit a certain rank or is it just RNG?

Rank 5

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

hitchensgoespop posted:

I know you get a 280 ghost once you hit L5 but do they drop at you current LL in the after game loot shower?

They start dropping at rank 5

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I am. I'm making GBS threads on you for what you said, BlindSite. I'm 3+ ranks lower than you in every gametype and I'm saying you're a wiener. So what

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Just played an entire round of clash 4v5, that was fun

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The translucence of the radar makes me have a hard time seeing it well on bright outdoor areas, like B on vertigo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I am bad at clash, as well

• Locked thread