Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Benne posted:

Vince will push Joe to the moon

And then Joe will become the moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ZixTheYeti posted:

The Decay should rename themselves CPS and claim they were in the right since they were removing the child from a dangerousBROKEN home.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Power of Pecota posted:

I didn't know WWE betting was a thing, does anyone here bet on Vegas underdogs for scripted programming?

If you follow it, the Vegas underdogs will commonly become heavy favorites within the last hour or so before a show when all the "smart" money comes in. This is also the reason that they put a limit on how much you can bet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Women's match actually being inside HiaC is a big deal and worthy of scoopage you doofuses. But don't let context get in the way of another rovert circlejerk I guess.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Endless Mike posted:

Which doesn't actually specify that it's talking about the women's match.

that's where the reading context part comes in

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Shane is a hunk

He's a hunk of something alright.

Where are the early odds for tomorrow night

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Smackdown Women's revolution is just booking them like they normally would anyone else

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Cruiserweights on SD makes a ton of sense since they're taping that 205 show with them anyway. Also it would make me happy because I wouldn't have to try and find the match highlights anymore as I will have just watched the show they are on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

89 posted:

Curt Hawkins is terrible. Remember when everybody was speculating at the "names" being brought back?

Kurt Angle?!
Rey Mysterio?!
MVP?!
Rob Van Dam?!

Nah, here's Curt Hawkins and Jindar Mahalwahtever.

And Shelton :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If there were tapings why don't we have spoilers for them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought 205 live was taped before Smackdown where are my spoilers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah but I heard that it's gonna be taped before smackdowns instead of superstars.

Maybe that's just starting next week

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

It was the glasses and his over the top personality and his taunt dance and "OH YEAH"

The way this board feels about Alexa is how I feel about Percy. You know, minus the creepy perverted poo poo.

I still sometimes do that taunt dance when something good happens

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Senerio posted:

Also Tyson Kidd was good, and that's a fact.

:smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fumaofthelake posted:

It's a drat shame that probably the second most memorable aspect of his career will be "Natty's husband" chants.

To be fair those were great chants

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Every face won at Tribute to the Troops except for the team named American Alpha

Well yeah, you're not allowed to win in your hometown

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Brock/Ambrose at Mania 31 was so dumb and bad that I think my brain forced me to forget everything else surrounding that feud.

Including which mania it was

Oh you edited it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mystery Opponent posted:

Winter in Minnesota is hella cold

He's lived in Canada for a while now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Plans change

Which plans, Rovert?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

A joke. After Owens/Lesnar being announced for a MSG live event after me talking the idea of them wrestling each other.

In my defense I was talking on screen in a meaningful match.

Ah, yeah. I thought you were just dropping that in the middle of everyone freaking out because something else changed :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

And it led to fake 'surprises' like Cena being traded from one show to the other and then back again in the same hour.

That happened to open and close the show, so it was much longer than an hour!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VJeff posted:

He can beat Sami Zayn clean. That's it.

Jobbers don't count

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the new chamber is awesome what are you guys smoking

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sticklefifer posted:

and the grid outside the ring was cooler than the new padded areas. It made it look unique.

I'm ok with changes that mean wrestlers have to murder themselves less than they already do

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The nose is not part of the jaw

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sticklefifer posted:

Corey really vocally hating The Drifter is literally the only thing I like about The Drifter, so I'm OK with him going to Raw.

His theme and elbow drop are good too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

At this point I imagine Nakamura's getting a rematch and Hero isn't. So it's more like 100/0.

50/50 is referring to the fact that he won one match and lost one match. Or another way to say it would be he won 50 percent of his matches and lost 50 percent. 50/50, if you wheeeeeellll.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

For Takeover originally the plan was Roode/Andrade vs Hero/Nak but they may become singles matches. Nakamura vs Roode and Hero vs Andrade.

Were they seriously not going to have a title match? lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Venomous posted:

Why did Sasha win just there?

She pinned Nia's shoulders to the mat long enough for the ref to count to three. It's the general basis behind most victories in professional wrestling, though you can also win by submission, countout (your opponent being outside the ring long enough for the referee to reach a ten count), disqualification, and, rarely, knockout.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you're from the UK or Canadian, that's how the word is spelled. Same with Colour.

Names do not change with languages

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

*Except French in Quebec.

Isn't that mainly just because they're elitist assholes?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Maybe Asuka will just get called up after beating the streak and the women's tournament will be for the vacated title

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dromal phrenia posted:

the biggest surprise to me on there is Enzo and Cass favored to win, but i havent been watching RAW, so maybe they're getting pushed harder than I know about?

edit: the other biggest surprise is that no one has a minus for the Smackdown Women's Title. Naomi is the 'favorite' but still has a +100 :confused:

It's because she's not an overwhelming enough favorite. Betting odds aren't zero sum.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquid Communism posted:

Taker's almost always on last at outdoor shows. His entrance sucks if it's still light out.

They're on the east coast this time though so it'll be dark way before the end of the show

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shellman posted:

Except last year when we swore they would change from being uniformly the wrong outcome and not a single one did.

Reading back through the spoilers thread after WM last year was incredible.

That Mojo win was weird, and obviously Gronk fueled. Rovert do you know how last minute that was? Especially considering how quickly security rushed to cut off Gronk like he was actually a fan jumping the barricade before the refs intervened and got them to back off.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Endless Mike posted:

Good work there, WWE.

AJ is easy (and makes me sad) but I can't tell who the blue one is. Charlotte?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Its the Raw women that would need help if those two are gone. Raw would be effectively Bayley / Nia / Alexa, which is a recipe for terrible matches

And Mickie and Emma. They'd be fine.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

yeah Curtis Axel is super good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tao of lmao posted:

Unironically this.

I wasn't being ironic.

Not that you were saying I was, but I just felt the need to clarify.