Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

It was also a favorite of Frank Zappa, who dedicates his song Cheapnis" to it. With as many Zappa jokes as MST3k has, I don't think the overlap is coincidental.

Also, I'm happy about the Netflix deal. Since Netflix threw a MST3k joke (with Mike and the bots) in Season 4 of Arrested Development, I always thought that an MST3k deal was happening behind the scenes. It was too perfect to be coincidence.

I've read that Zappa and the Best Brains had discussed collaborating on something shortly before he died :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Resisting the urge to post about politics in the mst3k thread but I'll just say that Frank is far less "inflammatory" than Lena Dunham, who has campaigned prominently for HRC.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

IMDB has listed the experiments for Season 11 (or Season 12 as IMDB has it).

Go see it if you dare!

hmm... any evidence that this list wasn't pulled out of somebody's rear end?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Atheris posted:

Wizards 1 - maybe this? 1977 animated fantasy. Seems unlikely.

this looks trippy as hell

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I voted for Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster even though there's no way they'll be able to use it on turkey day

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I will be shocked, incidentally, if Netflix don't preface the launch date announcement with a reveal of the new version of the theme. I'm actually wondering how they'll fit Jonah's name in, as it's two syllables.

"there was a guy named Jo-el" - they already stretched a one syllable name into two syllables for the theme so they should be good to go!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gaspy Conana posted:

What are the most watchable MST films other than This Island Earth? By 'most watchable' I mean least boring; they can be bad-good or good-good.

Space Mutiny
Werewolf
Puma Man

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It Conquered the World is kind of good too.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

everyone on the internet is friends, doesn't he know that?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

very glad to hear it's good

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I just watched Village of the Giants last night and the Zappa tribute touched my heart.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtsitFbBC00

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Castle of Fu Manchu is the worst episode I've watched. I actually enjoyed Starfighters a lot! The refueling scenes are absurd.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

2DCAT posted:

I learned everything i know about corn detasseling from that movie.

I live in Iowa which may have added to my enjoyment of Starfighters.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Lady Dynamite is pretty good if you like Maria Bamford's comedy.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

all-Rush mixtape posted:

The Girl in Gold Boots, the Girl in Lover's Lane, Hercules Unchained, and Hercules and the Captive Women have been added to the VHX collection for Kickstarter backers.

Awesome, thanks for posting that here! I found them at this link: https://mst3k.vhx.tv/products/bonus-episodes-level-2

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

I just wish we'd have gotten some warning that the old mst3k.com store that he ran for so many years was about to vanish with the buyout. I missed my chance to get a You Know You Want Me, Baby T-shirt. I thought they'd always be there. :(

there was a big clearance thing just before it shut down and I got a mousepad and t-shirt for like $1 each or something

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Joey the lemur, too. That's an odd sketch anyway.

Wait, that was a reference to something?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

It's such a famously bad movie that the rights are probably worth a drat.

I think it's public domain actually. Might not have been considered PD back in the original MST3K run though.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I was in Minneapolis last weekend and turned my knob to Bob.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

is there anywhere online to watch every episode? really disappointed with the small netflix selection on offer right now

most are on youtube, google "club mst3k" as well

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I watched Racket Girls last night and while objectively it is one of those movies where almost nothing happens, I somehow stayed engaged the whole way through.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The wrestlers delivering their lines terribly and Mike just chuckling is really funny to me.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

regarding Tom flying around, I agree it was a little overdone, but the Pink Floyd joke wouldn't have worked as well if he hadn't flow up to point out the factory in the background

Jack Gladney posted:

Felicia Day mentioned some lovely movie she was in where everything was done in a single take, but not the title.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160018/

Powered Descent posted:

Speaking of the movie, I had no idea that a certain famous reaction gif which I can't seem to find right now was from Reptilicus.

if anyone finds this gif, please post here - I almost jumped off the couch when I realized I had seen that face before

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Weird... Is this the first time they've done a movie and then it's sequel?

no

Fugitive Alien, Master Ninja

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm waiting until Friday to watch the rest of the season with a friend... are there any shorts?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

moon 13 the moon

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

in the last episode there's a talk show style desk off to the side in Kinga's lair... was that ever used at all?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

This is super nitpicky, but half the time Oswalt hosed up the way you're supposed to say something like that, and it drove me off the wall.

You're supposed to leave a very slight pause between the station and the city, not run it together into one phrase. He did it fine some reads, but others it was moonthirteenthemoon.

Now I feel like Paul Giamatti's character in that Howard Stern movie.

it irked me as well and I wish he didn't say it every single time

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

since it keeps coming up, here is that facebook post Mike wrote

first this - https://www.facebook.com/mikeatrifftrax/posts/1167373239945595
then this - https://www.facebook.com/mikeatrifftrax/posts/1167399969942922

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mace Bacon posted:

It's hiding edits

"hiding"

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gavok posted:

The Prune song from the Christmas That Almost Wasn't ranks very high on the "WTF am I watching?" list of MST3K moments. :psyduck:

It reminded me a little of the song Bob Hoskins sings when he's killing the weasels in Roger Rabbit

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

I remember Rebel Assault II having a MST mode complete with silhouette.

I'd like a GTA style sandbox game that let you play as MST characters and movie characters.

If you select Mitchell, he's really slow and needs Schlitz to regenerate. Or Trumpy can do magic things. Mr B Natural can teleport and dance to evade the Danger!! Death Ray being fired by Donald Pleasence.

Lego mst3k.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus. Tickets for the Minneapolis shows start at $99. Per movie.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Everything Counts posted:

Make sure you're using the code from the email. I was only seeing $99 seats until I entered it, then it opened up some much more reasonable options.

Oh thank god. Thank you for posting that. $39 seems like nothing now.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Pop songs and the acts they did like pushing up the rocket, are prob the things I disliked the most.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with "pushing up the rocket"

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, I was already sold at the original price. This seems like too good of a deal?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

TL posted:

He said it was someone who worked on the season.

I'm hoping for Elliott Kalan.

he'd be a better Crow

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to the Minneapolis shows which are guaranteed to be the best ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

adamcantsleep posted:

I'm curious, fellow goon-MSTies, how do you feel about the new series? Should a series about Mystery Science Theater 3000 focus more on the new episodes where they're still relatively fresh and new or jump all over the series' long and wonderful history? I co-host the bi-weekly podcast, It's Just A Show, and we've been cherry-picking episodes at random from different eras, including the new series.

A lot of feedback we've gotten from listeners have been positive about our randomized approach, but I'm curious if folks who may not have yet listened to IJAS would want a greater focus on the new episodes for now? Is it best to give greater attention and focus on the new series for now or give it a chance to breathe and gain greater momentum?

PS: Trace Beaulieu likes us. Maybe you will, too.

I haven't listened to it either but the pattern you've developed in your episodes so far seems good. Maybe alternate talking about greatest hits popular episodes with lesser known ones? Like if you do a Pod People episode, follow up with an episode chosen at random.