Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
I'm tired and stressed out hoping that the admins will actually do something about this more than hand out a few bans to people known for avoiding bans and using alts...

It's been a rough week for trans and enby peeps here, we just want to be safe, but of course fyad and KiwiFarms are doing their best to screw us over irl now.

I might try and write up everything once this is all over.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Don't what? Have I hosed up?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Nuns with Guns posted:

I sincerely doubt kiwi farms is any major degree of fyad posters and kiwi farms would love you to think otherwise because they hate fyad and would love to see it's posters owned. Now, lowtax on the other hand did post on kiwi farms to "set the record straight" on shmorky and even complained during that big shmorky thread that he wished SA was more like kiwi farms because they were making mediocre photoshops about the whole thing.

Yeah nah, I'm gonna believe the fyad poster posting on KiwiFarms.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Nuns with Guns posted:

I mean you're welcome to side with the forum that happily doxxed a half dozen trans posters + some GBS mods, and bragged about scraping the trans thread and ladies chatting thread for shits and giggles because someone leaked an image of a heated exchange between FAU and lowtax to twitter, but it looks to me like they're trying to capitalize on the chaos

Yeah I think the biggest issue is with how segmented SA is for a single website. It's pretty easy for mods and regular posters to lose a sense of perspective and apparently even FYAD falls victim to it.

Is this satire?

Edit: please don't talk to me again.

Anarchist Mae has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Dec 10, 2019

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I mean, there's nothing wrong with dealing with that stuff on a case by case basis and it's usually not hard to tell the difference between a trans goon calling themselves a troon and some nazi shitbird whining how about the troons destroyed FYAD and powercucked lowtax.

Even with words that are totally inoffensive, you can still tell when it's being used a certain way.

"I am a jew"
"SA is infested with jews"

Which post should be banned? Where is the line?

It's this, Pick is just being obtuse.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

The room is full of people who don't understand why drafting an announcement would require a discussion among leadership.

That's not what people don't understand. What we don't understand is why it is taken so long to deal with a very cut and dry problem and why only the bare minimum has been done to stop these people s abhorrent behaviour.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
6 hours for days of hate filled trolling.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to talk about this, I'm beyond tired, beyond angry at this point.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

idea: a forum for people to discuss issues with the forums and the moderation
reality: everything that ever happens in QCS

It neeeeds a slowmode at the very least.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Arivia posted:

Yep. A bunch of D&D people came in to attack Beer there (and attack me for accepting his apology back when), without any understanding of how Trad Games operates or anything.

Shut the gently caress up Arivia, you're so full of poo poo literally all the time.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Arivia posted:

Lol you're just mad because I'm right and you can't handle it.

I'm mad because you keep making GBS threads up the trans threads with your awful posting, to the point where you got thread banned today.

You're in no position to tell other trans people what they're allowed to be angry about.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Arivia posted:

I got threadbanned because you all can't read and decided to collectively gaslight me because I don't match your standard of acceptability. That's bullshit.

I can't help you if you don't understand the ethics of actually doing activist work and trying to make things better for trans people.

No, after about 40 posts telling you your kink talk was making everyone uncomfortable you still wouldn't shut up about it, made a non-apology and then proceeded to keep behaving exactly how you had been.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Count Uvula posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A TONGUE IN TO AN rear end. IT'S MY WIFE'S rear end AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE IT STARTS TO RESEMBLE A DISCARDED APPLE CORE.

I ... have more questions.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

watho posted:

barnacle Jim’s perma’d and you’re just making sewing puns? loving sewing puns?

Who?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Slanderer posted:

I think his post was pretty good :). Have a pleasant evening!

Why is it that everytime a trans person says something you seem to be there to say "nah, sound like bullshit, have a nice one"

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Well I never could've guessed. A fyader standing for transphobia.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't really like this post since I don't particularly find anything worthwhile mocking about her posts other than that she's angry to a level that is unproductive; I'm not sure what calling lowtax an rear end in a top hat over and over again will get you since he's the one person that cannot be circumvented or removed from this site. I do feel a little isolated from the trans community in here in that I don't share a lot of interests with them and am a bit younger than a lot of posters here by a decade or so, and also I've said some lovely things about trans people I regret out of frustration with how slow my goal to pass all the time seems to be going, so I don't think it's wise for me to butt in beyond just posting my thoughts, though. I don't really gain anything from defending lowtax or from trying to calm down people who have a different perspective on this issue since I feel like it's been handled fairly ok by the admins and mods so far (compared to the last time I tried to call out a poster on there for being super transphobic, I ate a week long probation because "well she doesn't post outside FYAD, so why care?", so big improvement to see that same poster finally get something for being really awful to fellow trans people) but they don't seem to view it that way.

Well, they were doing jack poo poo all about it before we complained, so I'm not really sure what to tell you.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

bloom posted:

People keep saying this but it seems to boil down to "making fun of Cascade's terrible angryposting is transphobic" which is an odd position to take.

My posts have been called bad, and rightly so, but I don't take it as an insult to my sexuality or nationality or any other aspect of my real life self.

I'm real sick of having to explain why what they're doing is transphobic, how many trans people does it take to convince you there might be a problem?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Please stop. This isn't qcs :smith:

Like seriously I wanna read about weird things like knothole pisser and cat crawl guy not repeating arguments that will endleslly repeat in a circle and get the thread locked

I just don't want to let this bullshit slip past unanswered for. I'd love it if it stopped too.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
I want to hear more from cumshitter.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone remember 50s girl groupons homeless thread? I read it not long after my own experience being homeless, it was amazing and hopeful.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721280

To spoil the ending:

50s girl groupon posted:

I'm completely overwhelmed by all of the support and congratulations and just everything, thank you all so much.

I do owe a proper update so here's what happened!

I'm actually living with some friends I made at work, back when I was still on the day shift! They started a weekly Game of Thrones night thing and I was invited so every Sunday I'd go over and hang out and we'd watch Game of Thrones together, laugh, eat chips and it was such a nice reprieve from everything. They didn't know I was homeless because I don't really tell people at work that, I didn't want people there to look down on me, but I did often mention that I was looking for a "new place" in case anyone knew of cheap apartments.

A little over a week ago we got together for an impromptu "Work Sucks Post Season Lets Have a Movie Night", and eventually all started talking about roommate horror stories and I mentioned the two guys I met on craigslist, the creepy weirdos, those guys. "Road, you're still looking for a place?" "Yeah, it's been rough." "We are looking for a roommate, we have an unused bedroom here. I didn't know you were looking for a place with roommates I would have offered it sooner!"

Getting me on the lease took a bit of time so when I say "officially" moved in, I mean I've been crashing there for a few days but now I'm on the lease! :D

I told myself I'd have a place before my birthday, that was my goal even though every month it just kept falling through, but drat it I made it with three days to spare (and just in time, with the tropical storm coming).

This has been a hell of a time and I'd say it doesn't feel real but this bed is warm and soft and comfy, and it's all mine. I finally have a place now and I can start rebuilding my life. It's fantastic.

I'm fairly sure my roommates would not be terribly please with my posting the address on a forum. But I can give it over PM if anyone would like to send/receive letters :D

Thank you guys so much for reading this year long thread and for all the overwhelming support and just.. everything. It means so much to me and I don't think I would have made it this far without all of it. Thank you guys.

I hope they're doing well.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

rofl this is some fuckin insane C tier afternoon USA whodunnit poo poo. Come on dude.

Shut the gently caress up. Here come the FYAD defenders.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

when you think every windmill is a dragon, all you're going to find are dragons.

I could give two shits the exact reason why every time a trans person talks about ongoing harassment you seem to show up to go "nuh uh."

Gone Fashing posted:

i used to like reading this thread and would just scroll past all the cringey puns and stuff but man it has become really weird and bad in the past month

Please yell at lowtax for us.

Edit: vvv because they edited it here's what they said vvv

Spanish Manlove posted:

man you guys are really fuckin stupid

Anarchist Mae has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Jan 4, 2020

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Sestze posted:

i feel that if it's brought up every few pages or so, the people that lemming in here to defend FYAD will be the same group of dudes each time.

isolating some actual fyadposters so people can't really say "oh he was never part of fyad, never seen him before"

on another note, how many of you remember Taylor Swift? Not the famous singer, but the poster on Something Awful Dot Com?

They were banned in April of 2018 for having what could only be described as a hilariously racist twitter account, and they were sniffed out in the Fortnite thread in Games. Not too much to look at, but he was the active moderator for the Gaming Garbage discord up until that banning occurred, where he would regularly post anime tits and nazi vaporwave memes from Identity Europa along with the rest of his group of friends.

When cornered in the fortnite thread (really, the fortnite thread), his main defense for posting some truly awful racist bullshit on his twitter and the aforementioned new-wave-retro nazi propaganda was:

This rear end in a top hat's rise to what can only be considered a lackluster amount of power was due to two things: first, the GBS 2.0 reboot that caused a flood of actual bigots to take over that space until it was rightfully fumigated, and second, general abandonment of the GG discord to whoever was interested in it.

Administration acted swiftly by banning Tay, as well as demodding from the GG server and reshuffling the entire moderation staff there (seeing as most of the moderators there were friends of Tay)

but if you check Tay's rapsheet, there's not a single iota of bigotry beforehand, people just had to connect some dots and post what he was doing offsite to uncover that he was an actual white supremacist (or an incredibly in-depth ironic white supremacist) so yes, bigots are wily in the sense that a lot of them won't spout outright slurs unless they don't give a poo poo, they'll just post cloaked stuff, ask for avenues of discussion to be shut down for the sake of decorum, so on and so forth.

I used to play rust with this anal excrement.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Ruffini posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

You. They're talking about you.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

scary ghost dog posted:

Yep. Anyone pretending FYAD isn’t and hasn’t always been an outpost for bigoted sociopaths is either delusional or one of them.

gently caress off back to FYAD.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Ruffini posted:

i have a positive post count. Let me post about SA's Greatest Sagas in peace please.

Only barely. gently caress off back to FYAD.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Ruffini posted:

I'm literally not FYAD, so please stop berating me.

You literally are from FYAD.

Ruffini posted:

Pog and Lucavi were framed.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

I'm not allying with anyone else, you're the ones who are claiming that, I've never been on anyone's side expect myself which is why I'm disliked as a poster.

Yeah, nah, you're a total shitbag.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

These are all after the purge, it means nothing

Because there was no transphobia in FYAD 2.0. Heard it here first folks!

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

You're the one who was sending me like 20 harassing PMs in an hour or something you goofball.

You're the one who sided with the bigots in QCS you shitbird.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

No I didn't, I just said that the admin and mod team needed time to work on stuff since they have jobs and it was midday on a freaking tuesday. Nothing about this situation, or the forums at all, is so urgent that someone's real life should come second. Thanks for admitting you did it though.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

Pride parades are the most concentrated public expressions of degenerate sexuality, like age gaps and dog play, and people with traditional values view them accordingly. Whether that's fair depends on your point of view. I think it's unfair to homo attracted persons who don't make poly pee bath bombs but I guess people are going to ride freedom to the line

:chloe: