Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sylink posted:

Still patting ourselves on the back to the end

Springsteen deserves a medal the way Republicans keep owning themselves choosing Born in the USA as a theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

in the sense that there will be things like that where 'new' farming opportunities will rise and will likely increase the diversity of available crops? Sure.

In the sense that those benefits would need to outweigh the whole 'islands that people live on literally being swallowed by the sea' aspect? Nah.

"I don't live there."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really like how much this one looks like a shitpost or a line from a Jerkcity strip.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So who is that MTV thing supposed to be for? The people it's directed at will just ignore or mock it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

butterbar posted:

It means you took the red pill

It really does, just for opposite sides of the political spectrum.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Commerz posted:

https://www.facebook.com/mashable/videos/10154768824009705/

IKEA build a Syrian refugee house replica in a store.

It looks way nicer than some of the goons.jpg basements I've seen.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Saurus posted:

oh my god this one looks exactly like donald trump

And the eagle that tried to bite him in that one photo op. It's gonna go for the nuts this time.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It was dumb and boring. Tucker and Dale vs Evil was a better deconstruction of the genre.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Considering the show painted its future as a dystopian consumerist world controlled by media and advertising, yeah.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Harry Potter and the Posts of poo poo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

Tea Party doesn't have one, but they do have candidates, which is where BLM should go.

Anyway

And as an added bonus, getting candidates elected forces the media to take the movement more seriously.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Local Subway won't honor the $6 deal because they're pissed off about the minimum wage increase.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's what happens when conspiracy theorists think "their guy" gets power, they lower their guard not realizing it's all part of the illuminati's plan. :tinfoil:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tiny Deer posted:

Yahwehchu, I choose you!

Use Missile on Allahcadabra!

It's super effective! Allahcadabra loses 12 hitpoints and a children's hospital!

I would've gone with Allahkazam

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

The brave little girl statute really does own though imo. The corporate backstory is impotent compared to its obvious anti-capitalist imagery. It shows how deluded these wallstreet freaks really are if they think that statue will resonate primarily as a bourgeois feminist piece.

A child standing up in pitiful defiance of rampaging capitalism. She's an unmistakably anti-capitalist figure and I hope they keep her up forever. Better yet, I hope people idealize her and riot when they take away. And then they put her back and all of the Wallstreet goblins resent her presence.

Source your quotes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Odd thing to say when the election results and subsequent polls have shown more and more people rejecting the parties.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

I mean you can see this in d&d. Once all of the Bernard brothers and Trumpsters stopped posting in the UsPol threads theyd start cannibalizing each other in a quest to find out who is the most oppressed minority

This ended up with someone doing a paper bag test on himself once

Paper bag test?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ah, so exactly the oddly racist thing I thought it would be.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eventually, everyone shifting the blame to those worse off while looking for easy solutions starts to sound like Ebenezer Scrooge saying orphans should die to decrease the surplus population.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like it when corporate tokenism fails in an attempt to sound cool and comes across as vaguely racist. Really shows that they only care about minorities as potential customers.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Last time someone tried to connect ubers with jewbers we got the holocaust.

:drat:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

an actual dog posted:

today's google doodle

Hey, fanart of that one Kelly comic.

It's like a coexist bumper sticker was anthropomorphised. It's basically woke.jpg; the most complex social issue in the world given a watered down "hey, you should get along and stuff" solution. The artist and google give each other pats on the back for basically taking the ideas guy role on race and blame the rest of the world for not following through.

I'm sure someone tumblr has already figured out why the the tokenism isn't perfect and has posted a massive rant about how one of the characters is problematic or their group isn't represented.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Makes me want to play Alpha Centauri again, but my backlog is already packed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd like to buy the world a woke.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah it's mind-blowing, best part is that marketing people showed up ITT immediately and confirmed that this insanity is pretty standard stuff in the biz. its like one step away from saying pepsi is powered by energy crsytals

You've never heard of crystal pepsi?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dreddout posted:

I've actually had this

I'm fairly certain it was literally repackaged fanta

So basically just private labeling?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dreddout posted:

I dunno, I drink a lot of novelty soda a lot of them taste pretty loving similar to the major brands.

My running theory is they come from the same factory but they meddle with the sugar content or some poo poo like that.

They also make 1488 cola...

Probably. That's the way it usually works.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_label

There are food companies that, instead of selling to the general public, make their living churning out generic products and then package and label them for clients looking to resell them, modifying the quality or recipe based on their needs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why don't they people in debt just kill the people they owe money to?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There's no such thing as punching up because insult comedy is all about finding ways your target is inferior to you and belittling them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They'll never catch that roadrunner.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hell yeah!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rand alPaul posted:

They're both loving awful. Jimmy Johns made workers sign a non-compete clause. Papa John complained that giving his workers healthcare would raise the price of every pizza pie by like $0.40, and was accused of wage theft multiple times. Also Papa John doesn't have any lips. Seriously, look at his face; he's creepy as gently caress.

It's some of the most overpriced pizza I've ever eaten, how can they not afford to pay their workers or for their healthcare?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

mrmcd posted:

Oh, btw, the vanstagram is hilarious.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSMdwJzlKK1/

I want to be a sellout, why hasn't anyone offered to fund my brand?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the site is pretty poo poo in general it seems.

It's a blog site designed to look like a news site, of course it's poo poo.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

People with shameful opinions on good games ITT.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

got any sevens posted:

Some people do get confused and think it's their indy day.

Well, they could instead make references to obscure poo poo, but expecting the people that haven't seen it to put forth any effort just to get a reference is foolish in tyool2017. Or they could skip the references and become good reporters, but again that would require effort that nobody is either capable of or willing to do these days.

Real nerds reference the good poo poo.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Peanut President posted:

The Democrats are like the bugs from Starship Troopers. I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all.

This but replace kill with primary. Don't want the secret service yelling at Lowtax and then this place getting shut down like LF.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Militaires Sans Frontières

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK9KdJWTfQY

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Public relations is the epitome of "as I say, not as I do".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Never heard of them before / I'm too evil to care.