Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RIP R9 290x, November 2013-august 2016. Here lies the last AMD card i'll ever buy.

Hopefully the 1080ti hits soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

If not for my girlfriend I'd probably still be living that live. Or not giving a gently caress and crashing at my mom's place to avoid paying rent. The amount of stupid poo poo I own is nuts and I am pretty tempted to purge again but I'm worried that I'm too materialistic to do it.

If you own a keurig, burn your house down, because between your derail in the other thread and your dragging it into this one to mention your "exceptionally nice apartment", you've basically become three olives.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

In non-baby news, last week Amazon had Samsung 250gb SSDs listed for $29. It had to be a price mistake, since the seller was Sur La Table and it was an older drive. I bought 2, just to see what happened. The deal was over within a few minutes. But I checked later and it was available to purchase again, so I said "what the hell" and ordered 9 more.

So, I paid just over $300 for 11 SSDs... but then shipping showed a package weight of more than 17 pounds in total. I checked with them and they said:

They all showed up today. :wtf: am I going to do with 11 bottles of high-end balsamic vinegar? :laugh:

CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!

Drink the vinegar, meatpimp.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

As if I'm not sour enough already.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

No, the problem with the BRZ isn't power

It's torque. specifically 120ft/lbs@3-4000rpm. way less than half of a focus ST. Around half of a fiesta ST.

It doesn't have what you need for fun DDing, and what it does have isn't where you need it. You can't plant the throttle and go "wheee" before letting off at the speed limit. It doesn't buck or snort or kick or scream. It just switches from wash cycle to spin cycle.

I have 200hp in a 5000lb car and it's fun because when you mash the throttle it growls like it's pissed off and squats until it's at the speed limit. It's slow but entertaining.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The good news is, quite soon, cummins is going to start selling the fix for both the RX8 and the FRS/BRZ as a crate engine.

Can the RX-8 6 speed handle 385ft/lbs?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

scuz posted:

This makes me excited in my excited parts.

I've been bugging people for more info, but nobody is allowed to say anything.

It should be ~$6000. So that's cheaper than an LS3, about the same weight, more torque at 1800rpm.

So when you consider a supercharger kit for a FRS is $3,800, and probably won't give you 40mpg........

IOwnCalculus posted:

That seems like a remarkably lightweight engine given the displacement, power, and materials.

It's around 25"x25"x29", barely larger than an old 350 chevy. around 6 inches shorter lengthwise than an LS1.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 2, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cakefool posted:

I lost 10lbs altering my diet to accommodate lactose intolerance, then another 5lbs putting the patio down. I'll be happy at this weight if it moves around and a little turns into muscle.

Psh, i lost 60lbs in 5 weeks discovering i had become violently allergic to milk.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Let's all be ageist and denounce a group of people based on stereotypes and anecdotal evidence :waycool:

Hell yeah.

loving boomers, you paid $500 for a running 68 charger, quit trying to get $15k for a rusted out shell :argh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

Also, this is news to me. Doesn't Denmah usually just stick in whatever he has at hand without any sort of rebuild? I recall him bragging about never touching the ring gap or anything.

Look at the LS willys though, he oiled the track 2 weeks in a row.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/lsx-willys-destroys-motors-in-two-weeks-and-sets-personal-best-of-9-6-at-141-mph/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Clearly you've never had a Canadian UPS delivery and had to mortgage your domicile to cover the customs charge.

Pretty much everything i've ever ordered from china has been listed as a "gift" with a value of $10 on the customs forms. The Chinese seem to know what's up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Locator posted:

Damnit... I got home from work and fired up the computer, got to the first video posted in an AI thread and ... no audio. After poking around for a while, the Denon A/V receiver that drives my speakers from my computer has apparently died. Switched to tuner and nada, so it's not the optical input, it's the output, and for both A & B speaker sets. Crapola.

It make the typical 'click' sound when powered up, just doesn't output any audio.

Open it up and touch the thing that looks like a transformer.

If your hand goes numb, it's probably not that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

88h88 posted:

New Roadkill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhl6oVpEes

I particularly like Finnegan's pronunciation of Renault and Peugeot.

The fat guy is the kind of guy who lists rusted out poo poo for restored car prices with "no lowballers i know what i got, you gotta take the tree growing through it, too."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The fact he has a ROADRUNNER just gathering dust is a crime against humanity

For fucks sake, get that fucker running again for sell it to someone who will

Not even gathering dust. Actively rotting.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with him?

He probably paid $2000 for it in 1983 and isn't dragging it out of the weeds until someone shows up with 200,000.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

You know what we have to do.

In 2016, a crack mechanics unit was sent to prison by a Prius-driving court for assaulting some dude with a shitload of rare cars with trees growing through them. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security impound lot to the Automotive Insanity underground. Today, still wanted by probably a bunch of rednecks or something, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you know a battered car, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Gay-Team.

There's guys like these everywhere. Hoarding cars, letting them rot. Some of them would be worth $20,000 after you put $25,000 into them, and the old fucks would rather let them rot than take less than $10k.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The proper metric with which to judge is area under the curve/weight.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Galler posted:

Good call. It's a pretty good $20 early access game but it's a pretty awful $60 finished game. Hopefully they decide to finish it for free and not paid dlc.

Come on.

It's an OK sandbox but there aren't any new sales coming in with the game in it's current state, and they'll be out of money soon. The actual game portion is going to be paid DLC, and they're going to go after whales with $50 ships.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferremit posted:

It's kinda funny how you guys all loose your poo poo for a 40 series and down here it's just like "that ones not so rusty?"

Because most of the ones here turned entirely to rust. There are so few survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

Frontier can suuuuuuuuck my diiiiiiick these speeds are abysmal

Why don't you switch to another cable company

• Locked thread