Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
He's been flailing around for weeks though. Remember the Trump in the debates that expertly baited the poo poo out of Jeb! and knew when to keep quiet and give Cruz enough rope to hang himself?

Yeah, I don't remember him either, because he burned out months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Georgia will be the next of the Southern bloc to fall after North Carolina. Atlanta is dominating the population and its only going to continue.

I am interested in seeing what happens in Texas in a generation

I'm interested to see what happens this year. Abbot turned out to be a full blown psychopath, the tea party have spent the past two years going batshit crazy and the oil price collapse revealed all the problems caused by decades of cutting budgets and the social safety net , then covering every deficit by jacking up the sales tax.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

sarmhan posted:

Also Trump is only getting 27% among women, 9% among nonwhite.

Holy poo poo.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Geoff Peterson posted:

4 years of Paul Ryan, The Great Negotiator giving up things that the Chamber is okay with (minimum wage, infrastructure stimulus) in exchange for things that Democrats are fine with (TPP, extended suspension of medical device tax) and he'll be the nominee in 2020, the commonsense candidate who will reach across the aisle to unite us, unlike that ultraliberal Clinton. It'll be ten years after he rose to national prominence, and we still won't have an actual budget from the GOP's Budgetary Whiz Kid.

The problem with that idea is that making any kind of compromise would wreck his chances of winning the GOP primary, and I don't think the GOP still has the institutional experience or ability to commit to a long term plan like that.

With a narrow majority it would only take a few Tea party assholes to torpedo any bill, and he's going to be dealing with at least thirty to forty of them.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Grouchio posted:

If Trump were to be replaced before the General Election (if that's even possible), wouldn't that defeat Hilary's chances of a large nationwide landslide because suddenly a less venomous candidate has been picked?

Or would that just set the entirety of his genuine fan-base against the GOP in a real act of revolt?

At this point , he'd still be on the ballot in every state and the replacement would have to organize a write in campaign, presumably from a hidden bunker surrounded by a small army of USSS agents.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I'm 27 ; I voted in 2008 and 2012 , but ignored everything else because lol, Texas gerrymander, and showing up for the presidential vote was just my way of spitting at the GOP for hatreds sake.

Then I voted in 2014 because my sisters begged me to vote for Wendy Davis , and 2015 after goons convinced me that so few people vote in off years that it really did matter.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
We still don't know what crazy skeletons will be dredged up from Trumps closet because everyone is content to let him keep kicking his own rear end.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Can we change the thread title now? I'm a horrible pessimist who assumes the worst about everything , and I can't think of a single plausible scenario where he comes back from this and gets into power.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 18, 2016

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

SocketWrench posted:

This I believe. After all, Free Republic is full of ancient white men that jimrob manages to bullshit 80 grand a quarter from for "forums upkeep". Course the moron shot himself in the foot again doing their Trumpstaffle crackdown on Cruzers

How many people are still using that site? I really doubt it's even a 4 digit number.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
In theory, and in theory any establishment candidate could have beat Hillary, but the party is rotting from within and unwilling to change. Once they lose the supreme court they'll be unable to coerce either, and the voting blocks they rely on are rapidly filling up cemeteries.

I'm sure it's still going to suck , but now there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
We're still talking about Donald Trump here. He might be able to memorize the canned responses and lines the way Reagan could , but I don't think he could hold it together for all the hours of a debate, not with Hillary Clinton a few feet away from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Grouchio posted:

One more question: Should democrats/progressives like myself feel depressed that despite Donald Trump inviting a political landslide for Hilary Clinton that we still can't lodge the GOP out of the house? Could it be done in 2018? Or are we democrats going to underperform again during those midterms?

I was 18 when I first voted for Obama and I didn't know what a mid term election was until sometime around 2011, from reading this forum.

• Locked thread