Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Serrath posted:

Trump has been engaged in a very public and damaging feud with the father of a Gold Star winning veteran who was killed in Iraq
FYI "gold star" isn't an award, it means that the family lost a member serving the country and could display a gold star on their service flag in lieu if the regular colored one.

And more importantly, Trump heavily implied that the mother was not allowed to speak by the father because ~islam~ and she responded in a written statement the obvious reason: it's still to painful for her to talk about it especially in a huge arena full of people. Then she dunks all over Trump some more and it's glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Lid posted:

Speaking with Fox Business anchor Stuart Varney, Donald Trump proposed spending “at least double” the $275 billion opponent Hillary Clinton has pledged to spend on American infrastructure, before suggesting that “we’ll get a fund” to pay for it.

“I would say at least double her numbers, and you’re going to really need more than that,” Trump said. “We have bridges that are falling down. I don’t know if you’ve seen the warning charts, but we have many, many bridges that are in dangers of falling, and-”

“Where does that money come from?” Varney interrupted. “If that’s the number you’re talking about, where do you get that money from?”

“We’re going to go out with a fund - we’ll get a fund,” Trump responded airily. “We’ll make a phenomenal deal with the low interest rates, and we’re going to have to rebuild our infrastructure. We have no choice.”

When twice asked who would put money into that fund, Trump suggested that “people, investors” would put money into the fund. “The citizens would put money into the fund. And we will rebuild our infrastructure with that fund and it will be a great investment and it’s going to put a lot of people to work.
Are you sure you weren't watching that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer talks about writing something off without knowing what a write-off is?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Wait did you really think one nuke would end the world? Dude we've detonated dozens of nukes in Nevada and it's fine. No nuke arzying please
Every nuke detonated by everyone ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

ManlyGrunting posted:

You, you're kidding, right? You absolutely have to be kidding. No way he would be that dumb.
Sure, why not? How many people did Bush get to believe that Saddam was to blame for 9/11 without actually saying it?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

If you thought that Obama's White House Correspondent's Dinner speeches were good, President Hillary Clinton's are going to be legendary.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Yinlock posted:

To him merely complying with the law and spending some money on basic handicap access is a huge humanitarian undertaking.

The way to understand Trump is to think like an incredibly cheap rear end in a top hat.
It's mind-boggling because most of the time, designing a building to meet ADA requirements is not a big deal. It only becomes a pain in the rear end if you can't provide enough exits at grade and/or you're renovating an older building that's tight to begin with.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Geostomp posted:

The man is incapable of ever admitting error.

If they actually do anything their base would tear them apart for being "impure."

Seriously it's like he's saying that everyone is wrong about what he said he saw :psyduck:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Metapod posted:

This is great
"I am not a witch!"

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

But Trump is Trump, so I won't be surprised if he starts trying to collect as many Purple Hearts as possible.
Trump enjoys playing Purpleheart GO between campaign stops.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Conversations overheard at Shoal Creek Country Club?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

prom candy posted:

The second mention of Friday has to be a joke referencing his own goof, right? Also I mean, let's be real, who doesn't sometimes forget what day it is? Especially considering the days of the week probably have little meaning to the candidates at this point.

Not trying to be a Trump defender but this seems like a pretty dumb thing to care about.
You're right, Trump is well known for self-deprecation.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

So we're at puppet strings now?

What's the next step? We've already had the Glistening.
He'll probably skip "rolling with the punches" and go right to "posting like it never happened."

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

It's the night of November 8th and Hillary Clinton is projected to win by an astounding margin. Donald Trump walks up to the podium for his concession speech, leans into the mic, and whispers only one sentence.

"The Mittani sends his regards."

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

CascadeBeta posted:

Do you really think Trump is going to concede at any point in this race and not try to drag out recounts and lawsuits blaming a "rigged" election for months after the fact?
Do you really think I think that Trump is a deep-cover spy for Goonswarm, noted CIA front organization?

Seriously though, I have no idea what Trump is going to do. Every media organization in America is going to say that Trump lost and Hillary won. It's going to be absolutely everywhere and it's not like all of the 35% or whatever of voters that he'll carry will believe it's some liberal conspiracy. He'll be desperate for supply on top of the absolute best poo poo he'd been getting on the campaign trail so maybe he just explodes.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

Too bad global warming will have turned Texas into a wasteland and we'll all be dead from preventable diseases/in debtor's prison.
And forget about getting to the polls when all the roads have been turned to gravel to save money.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Somehow Trump's "ban the Muslims" rhetoric wasn't a problem when he wrote the speech, but now it is. I wonder what changed.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

BobTheJanitor posted:

I'm going to go with the Onion's theory that Trump is running back home every night to cry: http://www.theonion.com/article/why-can-i-never-seem-say-right-thing-weeps-trump-p-53408
I'm disappointed in The Onion for not using someone with small hands for that photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

A Winner is Jew posted:

Vir, Londo, and G'Kar are the best parts of that show, and by that I mean any scene of them on youtube is going to be quality (especially the one involving the elevator)
Londo and G'Kar in the elevator or Vir and G'Kar in the elevator? They're both great, in any case, for different reasons.

• Locked thread