Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vkeios
May 7, 2007

d0s posted:

Summer Carnival '92: Recca
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbdDW3aSCyM&t=196s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Nintendo is cool and i hope they ban all of you pirates from the Nintendo NX eShop where I'll be buying gba games I already own.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I did it. I got a xrgb mini. Now my games don't look like poo poo on my tv.
Its totally worth my cash money to remove any temptation to have a bad old tv.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Yeah, none of that would make me regret not having a crt.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Discount Viscount posted:

The Band Bros. cartridge has 22 of the 100 potential downloaded songs on it; wish there were more

Yo.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I got a framemeister from Solaris about a month ago. I suspect they're still being made, its just Micromsoft is gonna run out of parts eventually.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Actually I don't want one. My Walkmans are good enough.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Elliotw2 posted:

Also like, the Genesis's sound innately is fine, it was just hilariously poorly used by a lot of developers.

Thanks for posting this. I was about to get real angry about how good fm synthesis is.

P.S. if anyone wants to talk about cool genesis tunes. I'm trying out a retro gaming discord because people said the word discord a lot on irc: https://discord.gg/vaNKQ5

That or just hang out on the #retrochat irc. It's cool™

vkeios
May 7, 2007

SoR3 is one of the best genesis soundtracks. Not joking, its so drat good that I lose a bit of respect for anyone who claims otherwise.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

al-azad posted:

The Mana series has to be the most inconsistent series released by a major company and nobody I've met has liked more than two games from it. Yes, there's someone out there that loved Children of Mana.

I like Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, The Third One, and most of all Legend of Mana, which is one of my favorite games ever.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

I played a little bit of LoM but didn't much like the "make your world map" thing it had going on. Mostly because I didn't fully understand it. I should give it another shot.

It's simple. You put an artifact down somewhere to make an adorable, little world. There's a handful of quests that require some planning for the placements but don't bother unless you want to new game+.

Also the artifacts are pretty much all given as quest rewards and there's always a new quest every time you enter somewhere for the first time.

P.S. talk to your cactus after completing quests.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Guys I checked a list of games Square made and I can confirm they made no bad games for the PlayStation 1.

On the other hand, they made exactly one terrible game for the SNES.

So I guess Nintendo Sux.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I know you're joking, but Square's output for the Famicom Disk System is essentially a list of terrible games.

Also, Vagrant Story is the good tactical RPG that Square released for the PS1. :colbert:

I wasn't joking. I like every game they did for the PS1.

Ofecks posted:

What do you consider the terrible SNES game?

Sir Tonk posted:

mystic quest

this.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

btw Ehrgeiz has a fun as hell roguelike mode.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

yeah, I should really give Mystic Quest the credit it deserves.

Its good at telling me my snes's cpu&ppu info.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Lol if you don't have crushes on aliens and devils.

That's my helpful way to remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

But what's you're thoughts on Speed 2?

• Locked thread