Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

No David Pope cartoons in the OP, massive fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

it's not a sex thing :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hhu-OyHqZM

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

open24hours posted:

What happens if the guy actually is ineligible?

Word is his wife will probably get the spot, if this is the WA bloke that they are talking about

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

Does anyone else feel that silly season came bloody early this year?

It gets earlier each year.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SynthOrange posted:

Also hey if I dont want my energy coming from one of the lovely major providers, what are my options in Victoria? Powershop's advertising is everywhere, who else is in the field that's decently renewable?

Powershop has been pretty good for me, been using them at my rental

Or don't read any News Corpse media :ussr:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SynthOrange posted:

So its been two months since the incident with the upf member at the train station. I assume if I havent heard from the police since then, they've just decided to lose it in paperwork?

Or might have been the thing that started that big raid on those places in the Western suburbs...

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh lordy just listening to ABC AM radio this morning and Dutton was on, defending his treatment of refugees, complaining that it is Labor's fault for Nauru (fair enough) but it's the ABC and Guardian's fault for releasing all the Nauru papers and academics are at fault for telling refugees to stay at the camp, rather than go into Paupa New Guinea society or back to where they come from.

The sad thing is, he really believes this :( He kept on blaming the ABC and Guardian throughout the interview

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

If only people didn't report about the people we torture we retroactively would never have tortured them

No, you see Dutton told the interviewer that he has taken every allegation of sexual abuse of refugees at every camp seriously and has investigated them all through his career as immigration minister.

And promptly ignored them

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jumpingmanjim posted:

“post World War II evolution of the ­Australian university ­campus’’ is like the laziest thing to research.

*looks out window, sees new campus buildings among old ones*

Yep

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I once checked the Youi online calculator to see if I would save money, as their ads always crap on about. Worked out I would've been spending another $100 a year if I moved to them. Idiots.

Holy poo poo the election result in NT. That's a savaging and then some. When's the ACT election being held? I heard a bit about it when I was in Canberra, but didn't hear a date.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Recoome posted:

https://twitter.com/patawright/status/769711628799479808

quite the turnout, also guess they have to hide their faces or something?

It's kinda ironic that those morons belt on about how backwards it is for Muslim women to wear head scarves and yet here we are

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

starkebn posted:

what actually goes through the heads of people like ScoMo or Hockey while they sit at their desk? Is it just "I must gently caress the poors" because I can't see any other reason for the bullshit they keep spewing.

I'm thinking more of the cut away in Homer Simpson's head with an old black and white cartoon playing in his brain

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Abbott-Turnbull-Bernardi years.
:getin:

Welcome to hell

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The best sta...

SynthOrange posted:

Aaaargh Vic Labaaaaah :argh:

Oh god drat it people :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

Paul Mullet lost his defamation case against Christine Nixon, gj.

I had forgotten about those two. The Herald Sun absolutely hated Nixon's guts, and her successor's, Simon Overland.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SynthOrange posted:

Lnp-nats-one nation coalition

I can hear Menzies spinning in his grave

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Let screingllama do this months op, they seem to get some sort of kick out of doing it

gently caress no

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

starkebn posted:

hopefully this hoohah about chinese donations might lead to a broader look into donation reform, but I'm not holding my breath

It's all a distraction to get voter's/media's attention away from the same sex marriage debate. Why do you think Cory is going so hard over it?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

V for Vegas posted:

OMG it gets better - Christensen was whipping the vote

They made that useless toad the whip?

It's a god drat warp whistle ffs ABC do your research :reject:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting