Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

whether or not Vivian will be able to use her dragon form at all (she can turn into a dragon, and hits a mech once, but she never really consistently fights in it that I recall). that last one is mostly relevant because an actual dragon as a unit in a SRW game would be cool.

Best of all possible worlds would probably have it be like the Granzon > Neo Granzon transformation in MD. Just pop it and suddenly you're a wall of HP of a dragon.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not super-hype about any of the shows but I'm interested in it for that reason. I remember SRWZ's announcement and my "eeeh" feeling becoming "Woooo" as I played it.

I'm extremely hyped for Hathaway's Flash, and if nothing else I love the designs of Ange and Zero despite how bad both of the sources for those two things are, so I'm excited to use them.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hunter Noventa posted:

I still want to see Xenogears (not Saga) in SRW. It'd fit right in with the likes of Xabungle and Turn A Gundam and After War Gundam X.

Xenogars fits in with most of Alpha Gaiden, is what I'm saying.

I'd want Xenogears AND Xenosaga. Having Ziggy and KOS-MOS punch robots waaaay too big for them would be great. And the ESes would own.

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's a pitch I did once.

Super Robot Wars X

No Megaman X? Pfft.

Seriously though I want more human-sized units punching above their weight class.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I wouldn't really call Hathaway's Flash 'early UC'. Putting stuff like first gen zakus in the same strata as poo poo like MS-sized I-Field generators and Minovsky Crafts, even at different ends, is a little much.

I'd rather think of it more as Early being from the start to the end of Zeta or so, Mid being ZZ-ish through Hathaway's Flash, and Late being anything after that. But that's just dumb semantics.

Question for anyone who's ordered off of play-asia before - do they have the same idiotic restrictions on address changing or order editing that they do for cancellation and stuff? I might be moving in the next month or so and I'd rather not accidentally have a copy of SRWV sent to the wrong address because play-asia is the worst. (Or an alternative site to order from so I don't have to give them money would be cool too.)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ethiser posted:

Hathaway's Flash is a good point to separate the UC because after it mobile suits start to become smaller in size.

That's actually why I used ZZ to designate Mid UC, since that's when suits start swelling in size. Weapons get bigger and more powerful, requiring bigger reactors, and more fancy poo poo starts getting crammed into suits, plus all the extra armor to hopefully protect the suit more from the new super powerful stuff adds a lot of bulk.

And then VSBRs happen and suddenly no armor matters and making a small, super mobile target to not get instanuked by stuff. So I'm with you on that marking Late UC.

ImpAtom posted:

When I used them p-A's customer service was basically a pile of rear end and nothing I've heard suggests they've changed.

Goddammit. Maybe I'll try shipping it to my office, hopefully that'll work. Until it inevitably arrives on the weekend because :suicide:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

INCOMs? Those are in a lot of places, but I wouldn't really call them funnels for oldtypes.

Unless you're talking about something else in which case hell if I know.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

We don't know the exact processes, but whatever it is, it's extremely painful, mentally scarring, and is basically torture. And may or may not include dangerous and invasive surgery. So it's not like just anyone can get it slapped on them without a 90% chance of them dying or becoming vegetables before the whole laundry list of normal cyber newtype survivor problems arise.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I actually kinda can't wait to see Mika in an SRW. His spirit loadout would be entirely offense focused and it'd be great.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Nah. He'll have Focus and/Flash at the minimum, he's dodgy as poo poo.

I'll admit, I've only seen through the end of S1. Waiting on S2 to finish before I power through that. But I do remember Mika being very "win through extreme offense and aggression".

Like the snowfield fight or his general dislike for the blade because of it not meshing up with his aggressive barrel-through-and-smash preferences.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

wouldn't that just be kallen

Is it? I don't think I've ever used a geass unit. Well shame on me, then. :downs:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

just make an entire game about Mars

you get current-day relevance in almost assuredly AGE and Aldnoah, you get the obligatory 'who even watched this show' in Mars Daybreak, and if we've been good, maybe not-movie Nadesico

(though I'll forgive V if they did what W did and basically bring in their invented movie-verse Gai and his Aesti, that was in every way one of the coolest things the series has ever done)

Well if you're gonna have a game focused on Mars, might as well put ZoE in there too. :getin:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of statue robots, we need another go-round of RahXephon being included. Especially now that we're getting games in English.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

I want them to go whole hog with the Jesus metaphors when they use God Mars.

Like, have him actually die and fight Satan in hell to save the souls of the dead, like in the anime.

Oh man, that makes me think we need a God Robot Wars game.

RahXephon, God Mars, Solar Aquarion, Demonbane, etc all killing extradimensional threats. :flashfap:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm a little sad Emperor and Zero don't have their own themes, but I can deal because goddamn they look awesome.

Also, for the love of god, please let Penelope be playable or a secret unit or something. I need this, Banpresto, more than anything.

Samurai Sanders posted:

By the way, where is that Hathaway's Flash music from? It's in GGG too.

Everything I find just either says CCA or G-Gen. A remix was used for Maxi boost too, apparently.

Edit: Also, I really like whatever song that is for Cross Ange. I'm surprised, I remember being disappointed by the OST, despite looking forward to it. But I don't remember that one at all.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 17, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'd say Akiko Shikata didn't bring her A game. Though that might not be a huge issue for most folks, I'm just a big fan.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Caphi posted:

Can't speak to the fight choreo but I like the robots and I weirdly kind of like the principle of a mecha having a figurehead.

Hell yeah, the mech design is pretty great.

And if you like mechs with figureheads, you'd like the Woundwort.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hey man, we're just over a month away from having Xi and Penelope in a game.

Everything has been leading up to this one perfect moment.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

hathaway's flash is one of those things that is way more interesting as a summary on a gundam wiki than as an actual thing

'zeorymer guy designs gundams' is the best part of it

Yeah, that's pretty much the thrust of it. It's a whatever story but it closes out Bright's military career and has two amazing main suits, and that's enough for me.

I can't wait to never let either suit out of my active dispatch team unless actively forced to. Assuming you get Penelope too, that is.

Though I am with Solune on that I'd totally be down for more side stuff. I don't even know what I'd do with myself if AoZ or Sentinel got in. Deep Striker, FAZZ, Woundwort, Fiver, Hazel :circlefap:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Same but Roux.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I also don't hate Katz or Hathaway for whatever reason. CCA Hathaway kills Chan and that sucks, but the one from Beltorchika's Children didn't so Hathaway's Flash Hathaway is fine with me. Him and Katz are just a dumb kids.

It's okay, I don't think anyone's gonna kill you for liking an unpopular character.

Unless you're like me and like/would use in SRW Rosamia and Sarah. That might be worth a death sentence. :downs:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tiny little Famitsu thing with stuff we've mostly already seen, but...

New character? :confuoot:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So long as she has a cool robot I don't think I care.

Speaking of, they should roll in ACE:R and give us the one good thing from it.

And maybe Autumn can come with, idk.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

GilliamYaeger posted:

The number one reason why I want to see Linebarrels and Getter in the same SRW.

I'm still waiting to see For The Barrel and 0079 in the same game. I don't even know much about FTB I just know that whatever happened would be dumb as hell.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

Those character designs kick rear end.

I actually legitimately like the FTB version of Lalah. I never was a fan of the nightgown/hair buns thing, hair down looks so much nicer.

Of course that's glossing over the weird proportions but hey.

Edit: Also I guess I'd be lying if I said I hated the mechanical design. There's some nice ones in there:

Everything pales in comparison to Mr Ball though

:allears:

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 29, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wasn't there an official redesign of the main FTB mech that made it more gundam-y? I remember seeing it somewhere but I cannot for the life of me find it again so I may be going insane.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

on the topic of the more visually unique Gundam artists, I really love the works fo Kazuhisa Kondo and Makoto Kobayashi;

When it comes to unique gundam artists, I stand by Moriki all the way.

(Xardion but hey it's close enough)

I wish he was allowed out of his cage to go all-out more often. But then again we got Full Moriki with Silent Mobius so maybe that's all the world needs. Though they are making a stage play... :getin:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I'm trying to order SRWV off of play-asia, and I went though the whole paypal thing and authorized payment but on my play-asia account, in the My Purchases section, there's a "pay" button under actions that whenever I click it, it sends me to my shopping cart, which it shows as empty. And nothing's been pulled from my paypal yet.

Will it just automatically pay up for me later or is something messed up?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I feel boring and rote but I still have to give my vote to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5Z7-W8C24

(I feel like there should be a collection of these that exists somewhere but I just cannot find)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I mean

duh

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

That would be the first new cross-series combination in a while, wouldn't it? Even if ZZ and Unicorn are related anyways.

But we've already got a Mazinger Z and Mazinkaiser SKL combo attack that ends with Koji joining in on the "We are hell!". Why go any further when we've hit the pinnacle?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I would take a half, quarter, eighth, or hell, even sixteeenth or thirty-secondth assed translation which I can buy and have shipped to me and read the words onscreen instead of looking between it and another screen entirely over a full-assed super accurate Japanese which I can't read.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've been an SRW fan for as long as I can remember, but it wasn't until OG1 came out in the US that I actually played one. And then it was whatever got full fan translation patches because I'm dumb and care about the silly crossover stories.

Ethiser posted:

So Hi-Nu and Nightingale have to be in this right? Hathaway's Flash is the sequel to the novel that they originally come from so if they are going to ever have them them in a game again this seems like the time to do it.

Please don't play with my heart. Nightingale is in my top five giant robots, and if I could get it along with Xi and Penelope, I'd die.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You'd die being crushed under the weight of their fat asses. :colbert:

Better a big mobile suit than something that doesn't even break 20 meters. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

So does the English translation seem readable?

I mean, even at its worst, Moon Dwellers was readable. It's not like it was Wild Arms 2 endgame or Hollow Fragment 1.0 or anything.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Okay, so I've tried to go in as blind as possible, but curiosity got the better of me and it looks like the Penelope is available as a playable unit. idk if anyone here has gotten that far quite yet, but if so, is there a special unlock condition? I'll jump through any hoop.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

My copy has arrived!

And drat when they said it was coming at 10:30 AM they meant it.

Seriously, they were right on the dot at 10:30 exactly. It's like the only time one of those estimates has ever been right for me.

Now to power through seven more hours of work until I get to play it :negative:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

Penelope is the second video.

Bah, you think so little of me, like I couldn't recognize those glorious spiky sideburns. :colbert:

...God, I hope it isn't secret locked. I'd hate to gently caress up getting it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That's brilliant :swoon:

One hour of work left... Just one hour...

For those who're well in deep by now, what's the route that throws all the nice Reals at you? Or at least the Hathaway's Flash/FMP/Ange units?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Unless there's something weird, you'll get a bunch of those early on and then you'll be forced to choose between FMP/Ange/Gundam 00/SEED and ZZ Gundam/Xi/Supers during a path split.

So my protagonist choice doesn't matter?

Sweet. I know who I'm going with.

• Locked thread