Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm 99% sure the Black Mightgaine secret is tied to having Maito solo Joe when he tells everybody else not to interfere. There's a separate cutscene that branches off from it and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ImpAtom posted:

The Cross Ange girls really should have been Aestie'd, having like 7 different color-coded unexceptional rainbow mecha really doesn't work in a non-squad game.

I was blown away to see them exist in my unit list, especially because they're introduced after the other 2 Angels get thrown into an attack animation. Same thing for Daegusa and Conroy. I think the 3 Angels Attack is the exception only because the Aestivalises seriously lacked moves.

These ace conversations are wild! I wish sharing was enabled so I could screenshot these proper instead of taking photos of the screen, but that didn't stop me from photographing Boss's and Rei's to use as meme material. Go's was hilarious but nobody outside of Getter fans would really get the joke.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The upside to the Black Getter taking Hayato and Benkei with is that Shin Getter-2 and 3 are almost useless outside of providing extra shots of Shin Getter Change Attack.

PurplieNurplie posted:

The funny thing is that in this game, Boss is potentially a really solid support unit, if you give the Borot the ability to move and resupply, since it's actually a fairly mobile and tanky unit with Boss and the gang's spirit pools.

I just had a level for example where it got like 3 or 4 grunt kills, which is amazing considering it's supposed to be kind of a joke, at least compared to something like Getter or Mazinger.

Is it just me, or is Part +1 the way to go for FUBs? Anything else you'd choose is directly competing against Parts, and I'm up to my eyeballs in them. All the other FUBs are things Parts provide but strictly better in every instance that I can recall.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Light Gun Man posted:

Man when I get this game I totally need to set all the :krad: instrumentals from the A-ko soundtrack as custom tracks

That reminds me, I've been collecting all my custom tunes into a folder for sharing.

Instructions on how to use it and some personal recommendations are in a text file inside. I highly recommend at least making the Getter Robo OST changes.

edit: The folder contains 26 songs, most of which are battle themes from the shows included ingame. Using battle themes instead of opening themes makes a world of difference. Also, Let's Go Gekiganger-3! for Akito.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 7, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Prism posted:

How do you get the PS4 to read custom music files off a USB stick? I need Grungust Zan! in my life.

I put instructions in my zip file, but you basically just throw the mp3s into a folder called SRWMUSIC and power your way through the song selection menu.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

Final Breast Nova is just so amazing.

Particularly with the dynamic kill. Which you're basically always getting, because Final Breast Nova murders almost everything.

FBN regularly scores upwards of 45k damage once I turn on all my damage buffs (Valor + 1.4x Crit + Kouji's Ace Bonus + 170 Focus), which is loving insane. For reference, Perfect Cannon is doing something like 32k before Maito throws out a a second attack.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Based off what you guys are saying, I'm 70% sure none of you played the Souji route. Souji ends up getting a lot of Chitose's dialogue when he's the protagonist, down to calling Seabook a weeaboo. He's not a gambler and he's not Crowe.

Souji is actually pretty cool on his route. He gets to realize his life's dream as of 5 minutes prior, which is to be a member of the Brave Express Corps. He's basically a mature version of Hugo Medio because he's a veteran of a horrible massacre, but instead of being angsty about it he realized that he needs to do everything he can to enjoy life at every possible moment. He's a little awkward, but he's got his poo poo together like the cast members whose shows have ended.

Meanwhile, Chitose is a pair of breasts who gets dropped off at the first safe location you can manage because she's not a soldier and Souji doesn't want her getting hurt.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

KoB posted:

If their dialogue is mostly the same I'd bet Soji's conversations with Nine could come off as super creepy coming from a knock off Kurz womanizer guy instead of adorable as with Chitose.

Why, was Chitose hitting on Nine or something?

Nine hints that she has feelings for Soji, and Soji is apprehensive around her because she reminds him of his little sister. Soji only really flirted with Chitose and like 3 other ladies in the game, and the subject is almost always immediately dropped. He's nothing like Kurz or the Yamato guys.

It turns out that there's a lot to the character that you didn't experience because you only see brief clips of him before he splits from the crew.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Sayaka is possibly the best healer in the game, with an eventual 4-tile healing radius and bonuses to HP recovered. This series needs MAP healing something fierce, though, and Fire Bomber doesn't count.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
What was the excuse in K? I didn't play past, like, mission 14. Either the first or second time you fight the Rose Sisters.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm expecting whatever game debuts Build Fighters to have a superpowered production facility on board the battleship or whatever, like the Cathedral Terra had. Either that or the fights take place in a virtual space that turns out to be real, like Virtual On.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Don't you mean Beecha, Mondo, and Iino?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

MonsieurChoc posted:

So, are the relationship bonuses known yet? Does Graham get a Love bonus when next to Setsuna?

Source your quotes.

The game has no relationship bonuses, from what I've seen.

Also, please stop talking about G-Reco. Fans of the show are impervious to logic and discussion will get nowhere.

MechaX posted:

I... am slightly worried that I might not make the end-game secret route that requires 25 Ace Pilots. I have been getting a lot of Proud Aces for folks, but I kind of don't really want to rotate people in and out at this point. But I can say that Hathaway is getting kicked the gently caress out of the Xi Gundam the moment he reaches 50 kills.

Once you break stage 40 or so you'll get to the point where your suborder pilots are gonna start getting 50 kills. I went from 5 aces to 30+ over the course of like 6 stages. Also, route splits dump a ton of kills on all the people who didn't go, and don't forget to ace your battleships.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Somebody bought me 2 avatars because I was a "virtue signaling SJW," and I said the horns were a bad design choice because they made huge blind spots and provided a weak point for somebody to grab onto.

I was then immediately proven right in the first episode when the protagonist wrestles the Gundam into submission with an unarmed training grunt by grabbing it by the horns.

But go on, die on this hill.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ImpAtom posted:

"Someone grabbed a thing on a Gundam" making it a bad design choice means all Gundams and indeed all mobile suits have had design choices except the glorious glorious Ball.

The 00 Gundam literally got one of its precious irreplaceable reactors cut off because it mounted them on its shoulders but mysteriously you never had a bizarre flipout about that.

Actually, I talked massive amounts of poo poo about 00 when it aired because Seiji Mizushima is a hack director, but nobody bought me any avatars over that. In fact, nobody claimed it was a "bizarre flipout" when I said the cables on Exia were a liability.

Of course, that show didn't air during Gamergate and its explosion of weird internet dudes who do things like oust somebody for saying women are being presented poorly.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

The GIG posted:

You compared crying to rape. Like yeah you can make an pretty decent argument about G-Reco's handling of ladies but you're just some weirdo who needed to bitch about something you didn't like.

This is the last I will say anything on this topic, because if you don't understand after this point there's no hope:

Do you know what dogwhistle racism is? My point was that the first 4-5 episodes of G-Reco were full of dogwhistle sexism (which caused me to stop watching after that point). The show as a whole was sexist, and most people seem to agree. The problem is that posters cherry-picked phrases out of my statements in an attempt to discredit me, which worked perfectly and continues to work to this day. I pointed out how hosed up it is that even the expert women characters were powerless in the face of amateur male characters, from things like an unarmed training grunt flown by a first-timer taking out a space pirate leader piloting a Gundam to how virtually every character with 2 X chromosomes was either in a cheerleader uniform or crying. In fact, it may be literally every one-- it's been a while since I last saw the show. These were not the only examples in the show neither were they the only examples I provided at the time.

The show had a ton of problems visible from the outset, but between being pushed by overly defensive goons and poor wording on my part the actual subject matter got divorced from the content. I was right about the show being bad, I was right about the ways in which the show was gonna be bad (with a single exception*), and isolating instances of me trying to drill the idea of "Hey, context and presentation are very real things, just look at people defending this other show which is about real, actual rape used for entertainment" into idiots as some vague attempt to insult me only makes you look like a Trump voter.

*The part where I was wrong was on the topic of the horse blinders on the G-Self. I was shown wrong on episode 3 that G-Reco doesn't care about visibility as a concept, demonstrated by Bellri shooting with pinpoint accuracy with his monitors off and only viewport blocked by his own shield. I'll file that right next to "brain damage from oxygen deprivation wears off over time."

Endorph posted:

as an actual woman, the way you bring up rape and say things like 'chitose is just a pair of boobs' is insanely uncomfortable, to me. i would be much more comfortable if you would not do those things. this isnt some attempt to own you this is a sincere request from a woman to stop making me uncomfortable on the internet when i just wanna talk about gundams. if you have issues with the way women get presented that's totally valid but just say 'I think the characters in this show get treated weirdly/aren't allowed to do much' instead of going to incredibly uncomfortable extremes to try and make some weird point, and also stop tossing rape around to try and make some weird point about the price of warhammer 40k models or whatever, also.

You're right, and that was hosed up of me! Something about the atmosphere here makes me speak like I'm much more immature than I should be. I'm trying to work on it, but I get tempted into extreme wording when people troll me, which happens all the time. After so many years online I should have learned that facts don't drive discussion (example: anybody saying I play 40k in the last 8 years).

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 12, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Oh, gently caress. I posted that exact same explanation 3 years ago and it didn't stick then, either. gently caress it. Just lay into me.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

The GIG posted:

trying to compare Aida crying out of overdone personal anguish to loving rape

stop

nobody did this

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Policenaut posted:

Well alright, just asking ahead because I used to think I was really good at SRPGs only to find out I'd been playing Z3.1 completely wrong and had to be corrected hard by this thread on it.

You're good. There's no cost to losing units and you can always save the SR points for Newgame+ when you do the other paths. Custom bonuses are super cheap, you basically drown in great power parts, and the battleships in this game are absurdly good. It's mind-boggling how good the battleships are. Ace Ruri as early as you can and it's just unfair how good she makes your army.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
What are the odds that researching Tac-Customize 4 is an ending requirement?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I feel like +1 ExC is more valuable than +10 Focus, because you can't generate ExC without killing enemies and many pilots don't have spirit alternatives to ExActions.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
If a unit has a barrier of any kind, I prioritize armor upgrades because it has increased returns, especially on Evas.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm pretty sure there's no more money penalty for losing pilots. I haven't seen the window pop up that tells me how much I've lost. This makes sense-- Negotiator did the same thing in Z, so I suppose the devs just said, "gently caress it." I know that I've been a little less OCD about keeping my units alive and healthy since I first discovered the lack of a penalty.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Midjack posted:

I think that game was called Lost Heroes for the PSP.

There's also Super Toku Wars.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
NewGame+ suggestions for naming Earth Fleet Tenku:
- Brave Express Fleet
- Gutsy Galaxy Guard
- Alpha Numbers
- Buff Clan

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I seriously don't know how y'all are playing such that +10 on Turn 1 matters that much. You're not going to be in range to use the good stuff before 2, range of the bosses before 3.

I never find myself lacking Will. Everybody has automatic SP Regen, and everybody who needs it either has Drive or Spirit. You can just cast the poo poo and you're done. Cast Drive on turn 1 while you're out of heavy counterhit range as you move up the field. Unless you need to hit the first grunt who hits your front lines with Shin Shine Spark, 140 Will (130 if they're not an Ace) is more than enough to coast through miniboss HP or whatever it is you need instant max Will for.

Meanwhile, there's no replacement for being able to cast Boost Drive on turn 1. All your Accel users get +5 movement, which puts them inside enemy lines far enough that you can hit minibosses instantly, meaning you're getting more damage done regardless. On top of that, all your units whose Psychoframe/Lambda Driver/Biosensor/SEED/NT-D/IFS/Innovator/Meikyou Shisui modes haven't activated might actually get hit if you let them, which boosts their Will and activates Potential. Nobody in your army will ever really be at risk of death because you can Foresee any obviously lethal hit on a unit that doesn't have an extra life. Oh, right, if you kamikaze your double-life reals into the enemy lines on turn 1, those pilots not only get a ton of Will, but they get a free ammo reload once their ablative bits explode and it counts as an Ally getting shot down so everybody in your army gains Will. The Super Mode barely matters while the Unicorn still has the boosters on, anyway, so why not get the most out of the first form?

This also gives your battleships the ability to cast Restore Action earlier and more often, which is absurd once you throw the ExC multiplier onto any of your 3 battleships that fall closer to the "murder" side of the spectrum than the "support" side. Ruri's gonna fire the Phase Transition Cannon every mission even if she starts with 80 Will. An extra Restore Action is an extra Final Breast Nova on the boss before turn 3 for the SR point.

There isn't a wrong way to play this game, but I think you folks aren't experimenting enough.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Midjack posted:

Is there a "how to SRW" guide somewhere? I dusted off my GBA to play SRW OG to learn these games, and I've gotten to level 17 where if anyone on my side dies it's game over. All my robots can be two shotted by just about any enemy, and it takes at least three attacks to kill even the weakest enemy. I think I'm underleveled, or upgraded incorrectly, or am not using Spirits right since my people run out of energy after one or two uses. All the FAQs I find say it's a great easy level to make mad bank on, but they're much better than I am.

I'm assuming you're playing OG1 and you're taking the Kyosuke route.
Focus on getting to the target point. Killing enemies is completely optional. Units can board battleships at a cost of 10 Will (to a minimum of 100) which recharges their EN and ammo, regens their HP over time, and protects your fragile units.
Be patient and don't overextend in an attempt to kill the further enemies. That won't win the map.
That mission sucks. Goondolences. Ryusei route's story is the canon one, anyway :P

For generic OG1+OG2 advice:
  • Leveling in SRW is almost never a problem, and the games can be beaten without upgrading. Worst case scenario, eat the Game Over and restart the map with the extra money and experience from the first attempt, but this locks you out of that map's SR point in OG2.
  • Press B while on the map to bring up the tile stats. Non-airborne units will gain a bonus to their Evasion and Defense depending on the terrain they're in. Some terrain can regen HP or EN, as well. Everybody takes advantage of Space terrain.
  • Enemies you've Scanned or fought will have their stats visible, and you can use this to control who they target. Force enemies to prioritize your tanks (be it dodge-tanking reals or supers with Prevail and Guard) by leaving them within stationary weapons range.
  • The safest way to kill enemies is to focus-fire them. The most efficient way to kill enemies is to spread damage and let them kill themselves on your units' counterattacks.
  • When you begin a map, your damage sucks. Each pilot has Will gains based off their personality (the default being +1 if you get hit, +1 if an ally dies, +1 if an enemy dies, +4 on top of that last one if you killed the enemy), and Will greatly affects your damage dealt/taken on top of available moves and modes. Take note of which of your units needs Will and make a plan for how they're going to get it. Note: Some pilots have terrible personalities that reduce their usability. Excellen and Katina in particular have terrible Will gains (although Excellen doesn't really care about Will outside of Rampage Ghost).
  • Use Support Defend to protect your fragile units that can't stay inside a battleship for one reason or another. It counts as a Defend use so you take half damage (before barriers are applied!), and it only uses the Support if the attack connects.
  • Support Attack is a very easy way to boost your damage output considerably. Keep your units in teams that allow your home run hitters to take advantage of Supports.
  • Size matters. The Giganscudo and Hiryu will take less damage from enemies and deal more damage to enemies based off their size class. You can see it on the stats screen (SS/S/M/L/LL). Smaller units get an evasion bonus, too.
  • Characters have relationship bonuses which affect their stats. These bonuses change over the game's plot accordingly and can't be checked. Friends gain Hit/Evade bonuses for being adjacent. Lovers gain damage. Rivals gain critical hit increases.
  • Teach everybody SP Regen if you can.
  • If a pilot has Prevail, it might be counter-intuitive to heal them depending on how much damage they've taken. A pilot that could get one-shotted at full HP may be invincible at low HP.
  • It's worthwhile to cast Alert as you move up the field in anticipation of enemy attacks. Just the same, cast Guard before throwing a super into a group of dudes to tank.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
You know what? I totally forgot-- OG1 and OG2 are the only games where you can check relationship bonuses. In OG1, if you hover over a unit for a while it'll flash blue orbs over anybody related to that character. In OG2, it's a blue orb for friendship/rivalry or a heart for love. Bonuses can stack, and in OG2 it'll flash between the icons if somebody has multiple bonuses. Also, the bonuses come in multiple levels (each level of Love is +5% damage, for example, and love can be one-sided in various ratios).

This really only matters if you're doing min-maxy bullshit like trying to one-shot end bosses. You really want to have Lune next to Masaki at all times, though.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Caphi posted:

You know, thread, I just thought we haven't taken time enough to appreciate an important little thing in V: no more Scan or revealing enemy stats.

My favorite new addition is that Fortune lasts until you actually score a kill. I've been breaking open a Fairy Breath at the start of every map, and I'm almost out of things to spend money on before the game even finishes.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Bakayanagi on GameFAQs posted:

I just received my copy of perfect bible. Will try to take the time to list down the secrets starting from shorter one, I apologize for any mistranslation :

Melda early recruitment (Chapter 28A):
- Chapter 8A/8B : Kill at least one enemy with Melda (cannot use support attack)
- Chapter 28A : Shot down Melda with Yamamoto Akira.

Black Mightgaine:
- Chapter 17A : Clear the chapter with Maito, Tribomber and Guard Driver having a total score of at least 60.
- Chapter 17B : Clear the chapter with Maito, Tribomber and Guard Driver having a total score of at least 50.

Bonta-kun early recruitment with additional attack:
- Chapter 27 : Clear the chapter with Sousuke having score of at least 40 Plus total score of FMP crew (all 5 of them) having a total score of at least 100.

Koucho survive and joining (event only)
- Chapter 28B : Deploy Akito and keep him on the map, event will happen after Mightkaiser appear.

Super alloy Z
- Chapter 29A : Land Boss with Kurogane Spa at the north side of the map.

Xi Gundam missile pod
- Chapter 31A : Attack Lane with Hathaway, both survived for that particular attack.
- As long as that condition is met, you will get the missile pod at the start of 38B, Even if you went A or C route, you will still get the attack after reunited.
- Will obtain it on 50B even if you miss it
- Free pass for 2nd play though and below.

Savage (Crossbow)
- Chapter 31A : Kill at least one enemy with Savage Crossbow (cannot use support attack).

Alpha Azieru:
- Chapter 31A : Fulfill both these condition
-Attack Loni with Banagher after she went berserk.
-Attack Loni with Hathaway after she went berserk.
- Chapter 38B : Persuade Loni with either Banagher or Hathaway, then defeat her with either one of them (the bible seems to say any pilot but I think it's safer to defeat her with one of the 2).

Full Armour ZZ Gundam:
- Chapter 35 : Fulfill all 3 condition.
-Obtain at least 3 Marida point.
-Judau obtain ace pilot.
-ZZ Gundam obtain custom bonus.

Jill:
- Chapter 35 : Fulfill all 3 condition.
-Attack Salia with either Ange, Hlida, Rosalie or Vivian.
-Attack Ersha with either Ange, Hlida, Rosalie or Vivian.
-Attack Chris with either Ange, Hlida, Rosalie or Vivian.
- Chapter 37C : Fulfill all 4 condition.
-Attack Salia with Ange.
-Attack Ersha with Ange.
-Attack Chris with Ange.
-Attack Chris with either Hlida or Rosalie (or maybe both, not fully sure what the text means).
- Chapter 38C : Defeat Salia with Jill.

Nandescio C Phase transition cannon:
- Chapter 36 : Ruri obtain Ace pilot by the end of the chapter.

Neon Zeong joining in 51A:
- Chapter 36 : Attack Frontal with Kamille, Amuro and Banagher.
- Chapter 38B : Attack Frontal with Kamille, Amuro, Judau, Hathaway and Banagher.

Evangelion unit 13:
- Chapter 39 : Fulfill wither one of these condition
- Defeat with the 9th or 10th Angel with Shinji, and Shinji having Ace pilot status.
- Defeat both 9th and 10th Angel with Shinji (no need ace pilot).

Secret scenario Supporting a long journey:
- Fulfill first part of Melda early recruitment
- Fulfill either one of these condition
- Fulfill second part of Melda early recruitment
- Okita obtained ace pilot status by chapter 42.

Tieria remaining as Raphael Gundam pilot :
- Chapter 43A : Choose to remain as Rapheal Gundam pilot.

Vangray II:
- Chapter 48 : Defeat Sub MC with MC (cannot use support attack).

IF route
- Chapter 47 : Use Yamato Wave motion gun (can use either normal attack or Map attack).
- Chapter 49 : Have at least 25 Ace pilot before chapter 50 and at least one great Ace.

Yazan, Jerid and Lane join using a point system and Zinnerman joining with 2 power parts depends on Marida points as well:

Zinnerman
- Chapter 38A : Clear chapter with 6 Marida point and above.
- Chapter 37B : Obtain 4 Marida point and defeat Banshee Norn destroy mode.
- Chapter 38C : Clear chapter with 6 Marida point and above.
Marida point:
- Chapter 23A/23B : total 3 point, one point each for
- Banagher fighting Marida,
- Judau fighting Marida and
- Banagher defeating Marida.
- Chapter 25A/25B: Total 5 point, 3 point for either Ple or Ple 2 fighting Marida and one point each for
- Banagher fighting Marida and
- Judau fighting Marida
- Chapter 31A : total 2 point for either Ple or Ple2 fight Ple twelve.
- Chapter 32A : total 2 point for persuading Ple twelve with either Ple or Ple2 or Judau.
- Chapter 36 : Total 5 point, One point each for
- Fighting Riddle with Banagher
- Fighting Riddle with Marida,
- Defeating Riddle with Banagher and
- 2 point for defeating Riddle with Marida.

Jerid and Yazan
There is a Titan point for them (in English version it might be G hound point but I will follow the bible)
- Chapter 37B : Fulfilled both of these condition
- Obtained at least 2 Titan point before clearing the chapter
- Kamille defeat Jerid
- Chapter 39 : Clear chapter with 3 Titan point and above.
- The above requirement is for them to join at chapter 40, they will auto join at chapter 50B even if the requirement was not met.
Titan point:
- Chapter 25A : Total 2 point, one point each for
- Defeat Yazan with either Judau, Amuro, Hathaway or Banagher
- Defeat Jerid with either Judau, Amuro, Hathaway or Banagher
- Chapter 23B : total 3 point, one point each for
- Defeat at least one enemy with Yazan (cannot use support attack)
- Defeat at least one enemy with Jerid (cannot use support attack)
- Both Yazan and Jerid defeat at least one enemy (cannot use support attack).
- Chapter 24B: Total 2 point, one point each for
- Defeat Yazan with either Kamille, Judau, Amuro, Hathaway or Banagher
- Defeat Jerid with either Kamille, Judau, Amuro, Hathaway or Banagher
- Chapter 30A : total 1 point for both Yazan and Jerid defeat at least one enemy (cannot use support attack)..
- Chapter 36 : Total 1 point for defeating Jerid with Kamille
- Chapter 37B : total 2 point for one point each for
- Defeating Yazan with either Judau or Kamille and
- Defeating Jerid with Kamille

Lane
There is a Penelope point for him.
- Chapter 39 : Clear chapter with at least 2 Penelope point.
- The above requirement is for them to join at chapter 40, they will auto join at chapter 50B even if the requirement was not met.
Penelope point:
Chapter 24B : total 2 point for one point each for
- Deploying Xi Gundam and retaining him on the map, there will be an event when Ally reinforcement appear
- Fighting Lane with Hathway.
Chapter 30A : total 2 point for one point each for
- Defeating Lane when he was an enemy
- Having Lane survived the chapter while he is an ally
Chapter 31A : total 1 point for fighting Lane with Hathaway, both party has to survive that attack (this is also the requirement for Xi Gundam Missile pod).
Chapter 37B : total 1 point for defeating Lane with Hathaway.

That's all for the secret section of the bible, I should have pointed it out in the beginning but unfortunately Crossbone X-2 is not one of them. I will look through the book in greater detail when I have the time. Meanwhile post any question you have and i see if I can find in the book.

I still want to know all the other hidden item tiles and skill part bonus triggers, but this is a start.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Fix posted:

I kinda suspected that was the case. Thanks.

Do we ever get to go back to the Yamato though? I'm a sucker for that space boat.

You'll get all your poo poo back eventually, and it'll be pretty worth it when you do. A lot of the appeal comes from the mission structure and plot choices, though, since V is one of the mechanically weakest modern SRWs. Most of the others have had a major cool draw like the squad system from Z or the 3D size system from Neo.

ZuljinRaynor posted:

The only level that gave me pause was the last level on the True Path. I did not know what I was going to do to win but then after a certain amount of enemies are killed you get the Wave Motion Gun on the Yamato and can just chew up the map. I was expecting one of those FULL HP/SP restore moments to happen, but it did not, because that would have made the whole thing easier. Still, it was the only level that gave me a challenge. Luckily I had Jill around to help everyone who couldn't avoid or mitigate damage to dodge.

The final mission on the Fierce Battles path got me super excited, but then I killed the "boss" in a single turn. It was surreal seeing the crew keep saying "We have 5 minutes left!" every few kills like time were actually supposed to be passing. It helps that I move my dudes in such a way as to expect reinforcements from empty portions of the map, so they spawned right next to Great Mightgaine who then just tore up his side of the map (since he was continually gaining levels which turned into ExC and more Multi-Actions).

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Tiger Shark posted:

Thanks guys. I should also explain I'm on Vita, not sure if there's an equivalent to the touchpad. Touchscreen doesn't do anything. Select brings up a key menu and sometimes a further explanation for skills, but still doesn't really describe a few things. What does Score mean for a pilot? And does SP, EN, and Focus all just build up over time or are there specific actions to get more of those while in combat?

Game is great on the Vita. Looks good, runs fast.

Focus generation is traditionally linked to pilot personality, with the default set being +1 for getting hit (whether damage is taken or not), +1 for any unit on the map getting shot down, +4 (on top of the previous one) if that pilot shoots down an enemy. Some pilots gain Focus if their attacks hit, some if they successfully dodge, some gain more than 1 Focus at a time, and you can purchase skills from the tree that add +Focus triggers. Finally, Ace Pilots start with higher Focus than normal. There's a Factory upgrade that gives your entire army +10 starting Focus, as well, but I personally feel that the TacP boost is more valuable (because there's no alternate way to scam TacP while Focus is literally given away for free, especially lategame).

The back of the Vita is a touchpad. Try that.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if V did well enough the next SRW will get an English release too.

I mean, we said that about Moon Dwellers, and then V came out and a shitload of people bought it. No numbers, but I have anecdotal evidence of a ton of English-speaking fans all bought V (who never imported SRW before) including people who are new to the series. Just look at this thread, for starters.

I'm hopeful.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
smh if u didn't name your army the purupurupurururus whenever given the chance

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
SRW J for GBA was translated, but it's not as good as other SRW games for plot and mechanical reasons.

Alpha Gaiden had a fan translation on PS1 and it's a fantastic game.
Super Robot Taisen Original Generation and Original Generation 2 were official, Atlus-translated GBA games. OG1 is pretty good and OG2 is incredible.

There's also SRW1, 2, and 3 but those games are better off remembered as historically significant without needing to subject yourself to their... "old school" designs.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
HOW DID WE ALL POST IN THE SAME MINUTE

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Have you tried pressing start? I'm pretty sure you can quick save anytime.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Kurui Reiten posted:

This is going to be a stupid question, but would anyone be willing to zip up their big rear end pack of MP3s for custom music tracks? I haven't been able to find a good pack of JUST the relevant songs for things in this game, like vocal versions to replace instrumentals, good insert songs for attacks, etc, with suggested replacements. It's a ton of work for someone as unfamiliar with some of these series (all of these series) as I, and I was wondering if anyone had done it already.

Thanks in advance, if anyone has something to offer.

gotchu covered fam

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

HitTheTargets posted:

Really, they could just add that stuff to the next tokusatsu hero instead of randomly trying to shove in SD Gundam.

gently caress, beaten to this

Kamen Rider would be a perfect fit for a Super human-sized android/power armor/cyborg Wars game. SD Gundam would also be a better fit than what they currently do, which is put in regular Gundams, shrink them, and make them alive. Bonus points if (supposing they stick to 3D) the toku heroes and heroines have realistic models but the anime heroes and heroines have cel-shaded models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Don't forget that any purgable armor parts gives an extra life to the unit. If the FAZZ is shot down, the ZZ respawns in its place with full everything.

• Locked thread