Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haven't played Pokemon since White/Black(since I didn't have a 3DS), any big changes I should know about that aren't in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bongo Bill posted:

The most important new feature added since those ones is wonder trading, which is where you do a blind trade with someone else in the world chosen randomly. The online features are accessed through something called "Festival Plaza."

Wouldn't everyone just use a trash pokemon for that?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can you still get Dusk Form Lycanroc?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Geez there’s a lot of Pokémon variety in (Ultra) Sun, and I’m not even off the first island yet.

Also Team Skull is hilarious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait Weavile was a cat?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Recycling Centerpiece posted:

Dialga/Palkia February Gamestop Codes

Redeem in Moon/UM for Dialga, redeem in Sun/US for Palkia. Must be used by May 28.

A8ZA 35DD QRW5 M6GW

Took this code. Thanks!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How useful is Pokémon Refresh? It seems quite tedious and is one of the only things that uses the stylus.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is my 3DS broken or is scrolling beans in Refresh supposed to be this hard?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

How useful is Pokémon Refresh? It seems quite tedious and is one of the only things that uses the stylus.

Nevermind, just got Poke Pelago and Rainbow beans aren't as rare as I thought they'd be.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I read something about legendaries you haven't caught respawning everytime you beat the Elite 4? Should I just KO any story legendaries/ultra beasts and save catching them for later when I have a stronger team then?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god I love Golisopod but Emergency Exit is the worst. I guess I can pretty much never use him against wild Pokémon then.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well Ultra Necrozma certainly feels unfair. Is there a better place to grind levels than Poni Canyon?

EDIT: Literally the only strategies I've found online are to cheese it with Zorua/Mimikyu/Pokemon with Sturdy and Toxic. Good game design.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 7, 2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Next gen won't have any new Pokemon, just 800 Mimikyu variations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How hard is the Rainbow Rocket episode? Can I do it as soon as it unlocks(basically right after Elite 4) or should I level up a bit more?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really doubt Pikachu will ever get any new forms that significantly change his design.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SirSamVimes posted:

"Hmm, that doesn't look like it can fl-"

:aaa:

edit: rocket golem or luchador bird :ohdear:

Why not both?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oxyclean posted:

That name doesn't come off like a mainline pokemon game at all, which I thought was what they're working on. Suppose it's possible they want to shake up the formula in a Breath of the Wild / Odyssey manner but right now that leak has me kinda ehhhh with the Go stuff.

It's been my personal speculation the switch games would go back to Kanto with the references to it in S&M - it sort of feels fitting for the transition to a new platform where I assume they might be trying to recapture old fans or bank on nostalgia. Plus I think we're now further away from Fire Red/Leaf Green then those were from Red/Blue? If the leak is true, I hope Kanto has changed a whole bunch and been expanded. Also, I do like the idea of being able to start with Eevee.

Yeah normally I wouldn't believe it but Red and Blue showed up in Sun/Moon and there are so many Kanto references. I thought they said the Switch Pokemon would be a new generation though?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If there is a new Eeveelution what type do you think we're getting? Dragon finally?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Far'fetched has been waiting for an evolution for like 25 years.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A Kanto remake with Johto as postgame as a reverse of Gold/Silver would be really cool and would probably be the only thing to get me excited about it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think they just meant the motion control stuff for throwing the pokeball rather than just pressing a button. It'll probably be optional anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if it'd have the Sevii isles from FireRed/LeafGreen.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eox posted:

Getting to the Sevii Islands was really cool when I was 10, because I had absolutely no idea that they were there and each island had its own little questline.

Unfortunately, they also had the kidnapping Hypno

What was so bad about the Hypno?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zore posted:

He was creepy and kidnapped a young girl.

Isn't that literally an episode of the anime?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The ridiculous number of Ratatta and Pidgey is even funnier when the first gym was Rock, a type they were completely useless against(at that level).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nodosaur posted:

How did they decide to drop shark with a harpoon face while deciding to keep “ball with eyes”?!

Which one? There are like 5 in Gen 1

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Baby Ditto would just be a smaller Ditto.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ometeotl posted:

I opened it in Chrome instead of Firefox

I really want that shark!

I'm opening it in Chrome and the vast majority of the sprites aren't loading for me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Funky Valentine posted:

Ludicolo, who would compliment my Best Man, also Ludicolo.

I assume you would also be playing Miror B's music from Pokemon Colosseum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHHFc-gIeI

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No new Pokemon announced for Smash, though there still might be a few characters left.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Pikachu learns double kick now

Also you could have caught a Mankey to help you with Brock.

You need to show a Water or Grass type to the guy in the gym to even challenge it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

oddium posted:

happy braviary day

Still disappointed they didn’t keep the Japanese name for that, Wargle. WAR EAGLE

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SirSamVimes posted:

why does beldum have a catch rate of 3

Also it knows takedown.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

McDragon posted:

hey guess the theme of this team

donphan
machamp
exeggutor
cofagrigius
torterra
porygon2

Dmectp?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's confused because you don't get black from a prism.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's looking like Let's Go might not even have abilities. That's a very odd choice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Serebii.net got to play a demo of Lets Go and they confirm that there are no abilities or held items.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rick posted:

I already have a Poipole code but I have to know . . . .does everyone else love Charjabug as much as me?

I do but it's annoying that you can only evolve him near the end of the game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Niantic is amazing at keeping secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Paul.Power posted:

Not in the Ultra games, at least - Blush Mountain is also now a Magnezone/Probopass/Vikavolt evolve-y area.

Welp I wish I had known this when I played it.