Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

New thread! Time for some pokemon art!

I really need to find my good watercolour brush so I can draw some of these new guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zore posted:

Yeah, this means random Shinies can actually be good and usable which is great.

I'd love to actually be able to break out and use my cool shiny Charizard (with 3 Speed IVs)

Only if they give you a way to change natures as well.

I hatched a shiny Skrelp with the worst possible nature for a Skrelp. I could have left the everstone on my Modest Ditto, but I was just breeding for dex entries

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

There are too many Pokemon I want to have on my team!

Rowlet
Alolan Ninetales
Pikipek
Cutiefly
Alolan Meowth
Alolan Marowak
Morelull
Oricorio (fire)
Oricorio (ghost)
Mudsdale
Lurantis
Bewear
Rockruff
Salandit

You could easily do a bird only team with Rowlet, Pikipek and the different Oricorios.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Spatula City posted:

I'm still waiting on confirmation for the starters' final forms and types. and if I don't like any of them enough, ditching my starter becomes a good option, as it is for HGSS and BW/B2W2, where the starters are okay, but weak enough to be easily replaceable.

but I will try out most of these new friends, especially if the EXP Share still works the same way, so I can get a rotation going. I expect I will not hang on to Yungoos to the end, though. The only trash rodent I've ever taken to the end was Raticate in a run of Fire Red, and only because it had the Super Fang gimmick and could learn Thunder Wave, so I'd send it in to paralyze, take one hit, then Super Fang, then switch out or let it die. but the rest of the trash rodents fall off in usefulness a few levels prior to evolving, and then you have to drag them along until they do evolve, and then their stats aren't even that great. at least Bibarel and Diggersby have another type.
A lot of team choices will depend on where the Pokemon are caught, what type I need at that point, and what moves the Pokemon have when I catch them. If there's one I want to use, but it doesn't learn good STAB until level 50 or with a TM I can't get until the 4th island, into the box you go, friend.

Linoone learns a lot of HMs, including Surf!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Talonflame is an awesome name.

It sounds like the name of a metal band.

You could make a whole team of Pokemon whose names sound like bands.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

ORAS would have been way better if they had remade Emerald instead of Ruby and Sapphire.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

HGSS was a lot of fun doing a run with a team of level one guys I traded over. The extra exp made it so I didn't have to grind at all, and seeing the progression of my team with the photo guy made the journey that much more special. Probably my favorite experience playing Pokemon.

The photographer was very cool. I wish your Pokemon team showed up in your photos in X/Y as well.

I liked dressing myself as Team Rocket and putting my Houndour in front to complete the disguise.

I miss following Pokemon.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

if you do the million floor dungeon you get a shiny dragonite

The shiny Dratini is in White 2. It's a shiny Gible in Black 2.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My first shinies were found within 24 hours of each other while EV training Pokemon in Platinum. A Roselia and a Starly.

Ran into a shiny Golbat in Heartgold.

Chained for shiny Shinx and Ponyta in Platinum and my friend gave my a shiny Corsola she chained for.

I got a shiny Beautifly from someone who was messing with the RNG as kind of a proof of concept.

All my shinies come from gen 4,

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Oh wait, I forgot I have one shiny from gem 6. I hatched a shiny Skrelp. It was literally the last Pokemon I needed to complete my dex.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I think most water Pokemon have good shinies because they tend to be pink, purple or teal.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zoness posted:

my favorite water pokemon are vaporeon, tentacruel, and starmie and their shiny sprites look like abominations unto nature

Sorry, but I think all those shinies at good.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

I don't understand those twitch wondertrade streams at all, I guess they're just like unmanned chatrooms for people to hang out in? There's nothing interesting to watch since it's just wondertrading hacked shiny pokemon 24/7

They're the only Pokemon streams that ever seem to exist too

I was thinking of doing a Pokemon drawing stream, but I don't have the setup for something like that yet.

I want to draw them all.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I take back all the things I said about gen 2 since it has Politoed. Thank god someone realized Poliwrath was a mistake

Politoed is a good friend. I have a Drizzle Politoed named Mr. Wiggles. He is best friends with Fluffee the Whimsicott.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It's cloudy and cool today. I really want to build a fire pit with my 8 cinder blocks because today is the perfect day for a fire.

Gotta even out the ground first to turn the round ashy spot into a square ashy spot.

I only have a garden trowel.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

It's a tsuchinoko.

I prefer the Yokai Watch tsuchinoko Noko and Bloominoko. Pain in the rear end to get one though.

Dunsparce could definitely use an evolution. It's one of those Pokemon I always forget about.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Qwilfish
Corsola
Those Gen 4 fish that I forget the name of

Corsola and Finneon/Lumineon are cute though.

I have a shiny Corsola named Mimi. She's adorable.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

CanUSayGym posted:

Let's just say that I am coming back to Pokemon from I don't know, Red and Blue, dabbled in Silver. Is there a non-encyclopedia form of information from all the new stuff or do I just need to scour Serebii and bulbapedia? Like holy poo poo there's like 40 different balls, so many new pokemon, items to be held, certain pokemon only evolve holding certain things at certain times; all of which throw me cause I enjoyed trying to fill the pokedex on the old games but theres 600+ more of them to catch. I'm looking for a laymans guide to all the new balls, items, and evolutions. I have read that an easy way to catch a lot of pokemon are either quick balls right away or a pokemon with False Swipe. I picked up X a while back but real life took over so I'm finally trying to out and quickly overloaded with all the new info.

Bulbapedia is probably the easiest resource.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I was always weirded out by how Kangaskhans all had little babies in their pouches.

For a long time, I've wanted them to turn that baby into a pre-evo (Kangaskid) and add a male counterpart, Normal/Fighting Kangasking.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I love Cynthia, but I also love Iris.

Iris is a great Champion because she wears this frilly, pink princess dress while battling you with big, dragon-like Pokemon. I like her team a lot.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I've been wanting the Cynthia Nendoroid for a while.

http://www.pokemoncenter.com/nendoroid%3A-cynthia-posable-figure-703-01627

It made me sad to discover that the Pokemon Center only ships to the US and not to Canada. :(

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Diet Poison posted:

Fifty bucks US? poo poo drat. If they shipped up here to Canuckistan I'd split that with you if you only wanted Cynthia and would let me have Best Pokemon Ever Garchomp.

For real, every one of your fuckers who has disparaged GarCHAMP in this here thread, enjoy getting your house knocked down once irl Prof. Sycamore aka Justin Trudeau makes Pokemon real.

Yeah, it's lame. They can ship to Alaska and Hawaii, but not Canada.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

I don't remember this one at all. I don't remember Iris at all. Guess I should replay B2/W2? :shrug:

I remember Iris because I got all the medals for beating the Elite Four with a mono-type team.

I fought her 18 times.

Iris's theme is fun, the background is space, she's wearing a pretty pink princess dress and she has a Lapras and an Aggron.

I like her.

I also really like Cheren and Bianca and like that they got jobs for B2/W2. They were definitely better friends than the group from XY.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I would like Wally more if he showed up more in the game. The fight against him on Victory Road in ORAS is amazing, but it would have had more impact if you saw more of him throughout the game.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Spatula City posted:

Tierno should've had Maractus. and definitely Spinda.

And Lilligant.

I have a dancing Lilligant. She knows Teeter Dance, Quiver Dance and Petal Dance.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That said, most mega pokeon are all way cooler than their base designs to the point that I kind of wish they were just straight evolutions so we could forget the base forms completely. Pidgeot has one of the least cool megas. Mechanically it's okay, but it's just a Pidgeot that's a bit more...Pidgeot-y.

I think the opposite is true. Most mega evolutions are just the regular Pokemon with a bunch of unnecessary crap stuck onto it and I think that makes the design far worse.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

jarbv posted:

Is Yo Kai Watch more about looking out for ghost monsters with your ghost monster friend or about owning a watch?

I really enjoyed playing and watching Yokai Watch.

It's mostly about solving problems in town that are caused by Yokai and then befriending the Yokai. The watch is merely what allows you to detect nearby Yokai.

I highly recommend it as a monster collecting game.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zurai posted:

That doesn't even make sense. If I was laying on a bed, I'd have to be holding the 3DS with its screens pointed parallel to the bed to see it.

Do you hunch over to play? Or place the DS on a table?

I think the vast majority of people play with the DS mostly vertical with a slight tilt, so "upside down" is pretty obvious.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My bet is that the Aether guys are the real villains. Maybe you really do get to join Team Skull later in the game.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

why does girafarig just look like a horse anyway

without the name i wouldnt even think its meant to be a giraffe

Have you ever actually seen a giraffe? Or a horse?

Girafarig looks nothing like a horse and everything like a giraffe.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

its got a short neck

giraffes have long necks

if you dont want to call it a horse we can call it a zebra

Girafarig's neck is comparable to the length of it's legs, just like a real giraffe.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I have my Pokemon sorted by type, so their background wallpapers are appropriate.

Within the boxes, I have properly bred and trained Pokemon, then Pokemon that have been part of my story teams, then shinies, then other Pokemon. Within those groups, they are sorted by dex number.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Not a big fan of Nightwolf there.

Daywolf looks pretty great though.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I like archer owl. I think he looks far more bird-like than human-like.

I really hope his animations involve head bobbing.

Owls bob their heads up and down because they can't move their eyeballs. It's also why they can rotate their heads so much.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Pentaro posted:

I like Bowlett because it still looks like a barn owl.
Compare: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJvG3DLA-OY/?taken-by=ojohs&hl=en

Exclusive leak !!!! Bowlett''s cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDmRmRb2OpE

Barn owls are cool.

Owls in general, are cool.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Daywolf!

(AhAhAaaah)

Fighter of the Nightwolf!

(AhAhAaaaah)

Catch two Rockruffs. Name them Mac and Dennis.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

How long until we can have a complete Ancient Egypt team?

I think Sigilyph is more reminiscent of the Nazca lines in Peru than ancient Egypt.

An Egyptian team has been possible for some time now though.

Lucario
Hippowdon
Krookodile
Cofagrigius
Persian
Arbok

Nessa fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 13, 2016

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

SilverGryphon posted:

I'd go Pyroar instead of Persian, personally.

We need a sphynx Pokemon though.

Cats is cats!

Persian just seems suitable to me as an Egyptian cat.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zuzie posted:

Midnight Rugarugan reminds me of Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers.

I'm hoping its solely a time of day thing and not a version exclusive evolution because I already preordered Moon but I like the Midday form much more then the Midnight one.

Same. I haven't pre-ordered though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zore posted:

On the plus side it gives it a fantastic movepool.

Surf/Dark Pulse/Focus Blast/Grass Knot

its cool

I have a Heliolisk named Ripley with that exact move set.

Helioptile became a permanent member of my team when I discovered that it could learn Surf.