Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Iron Crowned posted:

Have they been to Poke Australia yet?

Nope we have Poke-Japan(Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn), Poke-Arizona(Orre), Poke-New York/New Jersey(Unova), Poke-France(Kalos), and Poke-Hawaii(Alola)

Which mwans we almost have as many regions based on the US as Japan now. Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ziddar posted:

Given the abundance of Gen 5 Pokémon in the trailer, its only reasonable to think that it takes place in Unova.

Er, what?

There's almost no Gen V pokemon in the trailer at all :psyduck:. Its hugely Gen I focused with a smattering of the rest. With the most prominent non gen I mons being the Gen VI villainous Greninja.

The biggest thing from the trailer is some of the posters in the kids room mentioning the Sinnoh championship. So maybe Sinnoh?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

So poke pilago...wow. I can just shake this tree indefinitely and keep getting beans? And every time I look at a Pokémon or switch to a different field I get more beans? Crazy!

Its not indefinite. You get quite a few shakes but it dries up eventually and you need to wait a few hours to restock it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Most of Team Galactic were complete morons who were deliberately kept in the dark about their boss’ plans, but the team itself was a threat because of the higher ups. So some came close, but Team Skull was designed in-story to be ineffectual and goofy so that the Aether Foundation could have a distraction from their real activities.

Yeah, Aqua/Magma are also close but the game isn't nearly as self aware of how idiotic and goofy they are and seems to want you to take them seriously. Even when they're doing poo poo like threatening to make a volcano erupt while standing in the caldera

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

I’m in a bit of a weird bind now in the Ultra Moon story. Several of my dudes are all of a sudden being disobedient and I’m trying to fight the kahuna of the second island. I’m sure I have to beat her for them to be obedient but it’s a pain when they just “loaf around” instead of fight. I’m just under level 40 with a few of them.

Yeah, traded dudes have level caps. Just use dudes you catch or riase yourself if your going to overlevel

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

That makes a lot of sense actually. I haven't thought about it before but do we know if the movies is set it a known region or not? That city certainly doesn't look familiar.

Its never specified what region Ryme city is in in the game.

The trailer has a bunch of Sinnoh stuff but :shrug:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Ludicolo's got some disturbing fur

Also were those Bidoof crawling on the power lines at 20 seconds?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So I never played the game, but Charizard and the Aipom have purple eyes. I assume that's important? Being possessed or brainwashed or something?

In the game, yeah. Spoilers for the probable plot if they follow the game.

They're infected with Mewtwo's genes which causes them to go berserk and rampage.

You see a lab in the trailer where the evil Greninja squad are emerging from pods where they presumably had procedure so it looks like its following that aspect of the game

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 26, 2019

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

The Manticore posted:

Joltik as seen from behind. Note the lil blue fingers.

Yeah, looks like you're right. The coloring was just really putting me off since they look dark brown.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

i don't think foxes or whatever the hell typhlosions are supposed to be are on the chinese zodiac

I think they get around Cyndaquil by saying its partially based on a rat. But yeah, even in the most liberal interpretation Fennekin isn't a dog or rabbit.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

I’m honestly surprised how amazing the Pokémon movie looks. Considering how every other hot Japanese media sucks dick when turned into a Hollywood movie, this is probably gonna be the best adaptation since Mortal Kombat (that soundtrack!) and the first TMNT movie.

?

TMNT is a western property. It was originally a comic book in the 80s made by two dudes in New Hampshire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Monkey is real good, Chameleon is okay but the weird noodle limbs are a bit offputting.

The Rabbit looks like crap though.