Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Phweengee posted:

A couple of rapidly expiring Darkrai codes. Please enjoy.

The actual codes themselves don't expire til November. The cards are just gone from stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

dragon_pamcake posted:

Nope. You're thinking about the Arceus cards that were just given out. The Darkrai cards were given out back in May. On the back it says the codes expire August 31.

Ah, missed that line, my bad.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

So several years ago, I started a project of drawing the berries by hand in Pokemon games as if they were actual botanical things instead of all growing on trees, including adding in variations. I got three in, then *~*~ brain weasels ~*~* got in the way, because that is what brain weasels do. I have picked it back up.

I just finished Rawst, but it's got to be scanned.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Emalde posted:

These are pretty neat! I bet some of the later berries being functionally acorns makes for a tough sell, though.

I'm using what Bulbapedia links to as the origin of the name, mostly. I've also mentally created some like analogues to limes and pawpaw fruit.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Okay, I like the Rugby Monkey. And Midday Lycanroc. But I like Moonbat most of all and also the darkness so I'll just have The Bae evolve my Rockpuppy and then gimme a Rugby Monkey.

Eevee is Sailor Moon and the other Eeveelutions are Sailor Soldiers lending their power to take down Queen Beryl. Or something.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Oranguru Evolved into a human!

All things are out of order!

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

The Lord of Hats posted:

I've seen reference to this before, what was this all about?

During Gen 5 there was a shopping mall called Join Avenue. You got people to show up in various ways, and one was trading. This resulted in the fad of catching Magnemites (since they were easily obtained south of Viribank) and trading them on GTS.

Magnemite's Japanese name is Coil.

e: f,b. More here on how it worked anyways: http://wenette.tumblr.com/post/33519081336/pokemon-bw2-guide-to-increase-your-join-avenue

Nethilia fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 4, 2016

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Pentaro posted:

Speaking of, I could never get it to transfer the Glalie to my game. The poke balls and potions got sent without issues, but whenever I ask Steven about the pokemon he just goes "Come back tomorrow"... A tomorrow that never comes. :(

No one helped you, so I'll try. Go into the demo, play a mission with Steven and make sure to let the game save. Then let the clock roll over into the new day. It should unlock itself then.

You probably did a time change (this is why I don't bother with daylight savings on my system) and the demo locked out cause of that.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Zore posted:

Best Starters

Infernape
Torterra
Empoleon
>>>>>>>>> Rufflet evo
Blaziken

Excuse you, but what does Braviary have to do with anything?

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Super No Vacancy posted:

now heres a looker

Technicolor Yawn won't fit as a name. Everything is ruined.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So maybe someone posted this, but final Owl evo is based on a Stilt-Owl. They came from Hawaii and are now extinct, thus the Ghost typing.

Game of the Year 2016.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Blockhouse posted:

a day late but what's everyone's favorite ghost-type?

I'm pretty into Aegislash and Gourgeist but Haunter is my favorite "this is a straight up ghost" pokemon

I'll hear nothing against the most adorable Ghost, Pumpkaboo.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Sprite141 posted:

See, I picked this game up early but won't be getting to the sweet castform treasure trove. I refuse to play it too much until I beat the older games. I kept playing them half way and then stopping. Currently I only have bw2, oras and xy to finish.

At least in the end I'll have an armory worth of spare legendaries to trade for poo poo once the bank opens up.

This with me. I sort of started Moon, but I want to finish AS Delta first, and then I still haven't done all the Looker stuff on XY. Hell, there's a copy of Heart Gold around here where I'm 4 badges short of a 16 badge fill. I play at my own pace, but I'm not a battler/competitive.

Any word yet on how Vivillion work on Gen7? If it's still the same deal I'll probably start generating those on my Y copy again, and that will be my Gen7 tradefodder.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Pakled posted:

Vivillon isn't available in SM outside of transferring from Gen 6 so if they're making any changes to the way its patterns generate, we won't know about it unless it appears in whatever remake/sequel comes out this gen.

Thanks. Once the Year of Mythics is fully over (whenever they release the Genesect second chance code) and I've moved everything off of my Y box to do a restart, I'm gonna make a bunch of Oceans and port em up to Gen7.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Hey thread, if you still care about legends on XY/ORAS, I've got two Genesect codes I'm doing gently caress and all with. PM me or ask in thread, first come first served.

ETA: US.

ETA2: Both gone!

Nethilia fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 11, 2017

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

tyblazitar posted:

You should probably specify your region, as codes are region locked. I'd be interested but I'm assuming they're not Japanese.

US.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Can we talk about Magikarp Jump here? Because it's a great way to kill time and Magikarp. I've murdered three!

Free app is free, or you can pay money for extras. But why would you pay money to murder fish?

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

So I missed the Charizard giveaway by a day and Target doesn't let people have them the next day, because the rules. If someone has an extra, I'd appreciate it.

Okay, back to trying to finish Moon before Ultra S/M comes out.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Nth Doctor posted:

Guess whose lucky day it is?
Check your PMs.

Thank you! :toot:
As per your request, here is Mimikyu dressed as a Bulbasaur (my second fave Kanto starter). Drawn with Tombow markers because I am not cool and do everything traditionally.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

I haven't been in the thread in forever, and still haven't finished Moon because I'm the worst at focusing lately. (I bought UltraMoon and just went far enough to get the special Rockruff, so I have that.)

But I've decided Alolan Baby Meowth are real and adorable. Ignore my terrible blending.

Also if anyone has a spare Regigigas/Heatran Code, I'll trade you for this spare Entei/Raikou one I've got.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Sprite141 posted:

Yessss! This is fantastic!

Oh god, I have three pokemon games to beat before this comes out. poo poo, I'm so behind!

Today's talk with my husband:

Me: So.....did you watch the pokemon direct?
Him: ....yes.
Me: .....so I'm finally getting a Switch?
Him: *sigh* I did say a new Pokemon game was non negotiable. Fine. You're getting a switch!

Soon I can play the glory that is Dress Up Eevee!

....but I should probably beat Moon first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Brother Entropy posted:

Shakespeareow, the Bard Pokemon

To Down+B, or not to Down+B, that is the question.