Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I hate to admit it but I'm kinda glad the game forced me to catch a grass type cause the Bellsprout I thought I'd get rid of after Misty is now a victreebel that I love more then life itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Larryb posted:

Press B during the evolution sequence.

Also out of curiosity, does every Master Trainer involve a one on one fight? If so, how exactly do the Metapod, Kakuna, Magikarp, and Ditto trainers work then?

I'm pretty sure the metapod fight is the same as the one in the anime

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Are heart scales just for selling or do they do anything?

Move relearner needs 'em, you def wanna keep some around

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Horse Inspector posted:

I have a kadabra called Gary Busey whom I love dearly. I got him early and raised him up and took him on my travels as my strong protector. Recently I got the judge function and after I quickly scrambled to marvel at my poke-strength, I was promptly informed that Gary Busey's stats are.. 'ok', which as far as I can tell means 'utter bollocks'.

I fed him a few candies to see if that would help but it didn't seem to do much so I stopped before wasting them all (I haven't actually used any candies before now). So now I'm wondering; do I have to throw Gary in Professor Oak's meat grinder, like a greyhound that didn't make the cut? Or is it possible to make him actually good?

Follow up question, is there a multiplier involved that means if you give a 'mon candies when they are very low level, this results in a much larger gain later on, or do candies basically do the same job any time in a pokemon's life?

candy can basically make any pokemon good enough even with a bad nature, and ivs dont matter in single player anyway

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Licarn posted:

Just got to Lt Surge, it's great how everyone was having a meltdown over the red and blue trashcans when the switches aren't even in them.

yeah they turned it into an actual puzzle instead of a stupid rng guesswork, very good change!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I've been trying to not go on the teleporters cause then I can't tell where the hell I am

get the key card and never worry about any teleports that isnt the one that takes you to giovanni

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bowmore posted:

team after beating the elite 4

does the game really not track the master trainers you beat? ugh

going to have to go pen and paper

How the gently caress did you nickname alolan Ninetails, I don't get that option when I click on her :-(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tbh I think hyper beam not needing a recharge on kill is cool and should have carried over

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

One would hope a lot of that poo poo is fixed in Let's Go anyway, I mean the E4 fights are different along with some moves iirc

i think pretty much every single thing in the image was changed in gen 2

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Presumably it's the gen one of the mega evolution universe

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Catalina posted:

No memes outside of the meme threads is a good global rule, but it still makes me very sad that I would get probated if I posted the shocked Pikachu picture as a response to this.

the rule you're talking about only exists in your head im pretty sure, not that i think posting a bunch of memes is desirable in this case

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ash dies again but plot twist - he stays dead

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Geostomp posted:

I got stuck in my first play through of Blue for ten minutes because I couldn’t tell that the little mat was the door of my house.

haha, you and me both dude, my dad had to calmly show me what to do, it was literally the first videogame id played so it just never occurred to me the blue rectangle was something i could go thru

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Licarn posted:

This could have been a playground rumour in 1999.

In fireree you can get a rare candy I think from the famous truck, not sure if that carried over to let's go. I love it

There's also a rumor that deoxys is somewhat based on missingno, because of its extreme stat distribution

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Big fan of Steven and jasmine

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

As a Pokemon player, I've only beaten Y and Alpha Sapphire and am about 20 hours into Ultra Moon. However i'm not a competitive player or play multiplayer and haven't really done any farming in either game; just straight through the storyline. My point is despite 100 hours across 3 games, i'm a newb. Should I be paying close attention to movesets as I level up my dudes, or is anything ok because I can breed/raise specific stuff later as I learn what's what? Like, is there any way to gently caress myself?

In game you can do whatever, I once beat Pokemon Ruby with a mudkip only run, and I mean literally only mudkip, turns out he can learn all the hms necessary to go thru the game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

less laughter posted:

Puzzle League

Very close tie between the tcg game and this for me, personally

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

Wtf is Monpoke?

Monster pockets, gamefreak and hot pockets are colaberating in a big way

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Seven minutes long, just like the previous two gen reveal directs. So, I'm expecting like four seconds of game footage, and some concept art. Probably the new starters since those have been getting revealed sooner and sooner. And the logos, of course.

Man, that reminds me, in a forum I used to go to, some people were adamant about SM being a continuation of Gen 6, more of a Gen 6.5 since a new region wasn't confirmed yet and poo poo lmao

e: wait, the XY direct reveal was different. It was 11 minutes long, about 7 and a half mins to the history of pokemon releases. Then we got a solid minute of footage including legendaries and starters and a bunch of areas. Followed by more Iwata.

Well that's it, I'm convinced; iwatas zombie is giving the direct tommorow

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

I like this idea. I hope the new rival team is "Team AIDS." I can't see any other way to one-up Team Skull.

Ah, thank God someone is here with 2006 era 4 Chan humor

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

In the game, yeah. Spoilers for the probable plot if they follow the game.

They're infected with Mewtwo's genes which causes them to go berserk and rampage.

You see a lab in the trailer where the evil Greninja squad are emerging from pods where they presumably had procedure so it looks like its following that aspect of the game

Lol I'm actually glad they're acknowledging the berserk Gene for the first time in like, 20 years

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Where are the starters

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Big fan of the bunny and the...frog? Wtf is the water

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Regardless, sobble is a qt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Clarste posted:

The water starter is a chameleon. It used camouflage in the trailer (in that unrealistic "fictional chameleon" way) and has that distinctive curled up tail.

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's straight up a chameleon

it has the tail and front legs of a chameleon and the french name legit has chameleon as part of it

I'm gonna use her (thanks for explanation, haven't seen the trailer yet, WiFi at work is poo poo)