Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zore posted:

Ice isn't actually that rare as a standalone type any more. It has more than Ghost, Flying, Ground, Rock, Dragon, Dark, and Steel which puts it pretty middle of the pack. Gen V added a ton of pure Ice-types.

If you don't include revealed generation seven pokemon, Ice is still tied with Ghost as the rarest type, and if you do include revealed generation seven pokemon, Ice is the rarest type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I like Cradily and its stubby lil' feets.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Ruggington posted:

I have never forgotten a pokemon in my life and I never will.

Okay, but, what about Grumpig.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Zore posted:

We just decided to reclassify them recently because... :shrug:

That happens all the time in real life, though - it took us nearly a century to confirm that termites were actually a kind of cockroach, for example, changing the way we looked at their biology and evolution completely.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

alg posted:

What is Ash Greninja? Just Ash's Greninja from the anime?

The anime introduced a sort of pseudo-Mega Evolution that, as of yet, only Ash' Greninja can access through the power of friendship or whatever.

In game, it's a Greninja that has a unique ability called Battle Bond, that causes it to change into Ash' Greninja after it causes an opponent's pokemon to faint. It's probably functionally identical to a Mega Evo.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Seems unfair to say those are obviously fakes - if they are, they're very well done.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Early reports from dataminers indicate that the new pseudo-legendary line is a bipedal moose with nunchuks. It is not a fighting-type.

Bleck fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 17, 2016

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Early reports from dataminers indicate that the Alola Abra line is Psychic/Fighting. They're visually exactly the same, but they have ghostly apparitions of the Machop family as a Stand.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Early reports from dataminers indicate that one of the two new fossil pokemon is cloned from fossilized poop, and the pokemon itself is poop, straight from a pooping poopy anusbutt

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Early reports from dataminers indicate that I am wounded and sad

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Still holding out for Alola forms for post-Gen1 dudes.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

The only thing I've seen that I'm kind of disappointed in is Crabrawler's evolution. I was hoping it was just the single stage...

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

less laughter posted:

Then just slap an Eviolite on it and keep it unevolved?

-gasp-

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I guess the leaks also confirm that Jangmo-o is the pseudolegendary - unless it's Bounsweet, which would be excellent.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

sharrrk posted:

ditto, farfetch'd, emolga, aerodactyl, mawile. so many good friends, and more

My best friend, Sableye!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Jables88 posted:

Is the framerate stuff better on the N3DS?

I have a N3DS and have not encountered any framerate issues in the demo, for what it's worth.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Classtoise posted:

why do women not get legitimate pockets

'Cause then they won't also have to buy purses. Like most of women's fashion, the key word is 'exploitation'.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

checksin posted:

considering they had to get satoru iwata himself to fit kanto into gold and silver, this is probably right

Not just that - they couldn't even have localized Red/Green if Iwata hadn't stepped in and mapped out how to do it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Countblanc posted:

Eevee Training

Eevee Veevees

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I feel like the game where a big chunk of the plot involved alternate dimension pokemon crossing over to the player's world was the perfect opportunity to canonize Missingno as a thing that exists.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I have never been able to understand a group of people that claims to want to remove "unfun" elements of the metagame, and never laid a finger on Stealth Rock.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is there a ban list in VCG?

Yes, but it usually has nothing to do with balance.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

qnqnx posted:

VGC is a poo poo format for retards that prefer gimmicks over strategy

Counterpoint; the word "gimmick" is vague and meaningless in any metagame context.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Is it actually possible to get a Prankster Sableye right now? I'm not sure if Sableye even calls for more help.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Zore posted:

Sableye can't continue the chain, but if you KO it Carbinks can keep calling for more help including Sableyes. Later ones have the increased stats/HA as normal.

Excellent, thanks!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I wish the GTS let me request a specific ability. I do not need any more Stall Sableyes, I need a Prankster Sableye! Please and thank you, for gently caress's sake!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I'm still a little bit annoyed that the dragon covered in steel scales isn't Dragon/Steel.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Shiny breeding still feels incredibly mired in busywork compared to things like chainfishing.

Every breeding and training mechanic in Pokemon games is tedious as gently caress and it's 'cause Game Freak thinks they're too good to steal from Monster Rancher

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Or, maybe, they could just make it take way less time? The problem with "doing nothing while hatching five hundred eggs" is not really the 'doing nothing' part.

Note; have not actually used Poke Pelagic or seriously​ bred stuff in SM yet, so maybe it's all fine and dandy now and I'm none the wiser

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Zore posted:

Because its a great idea executed poorly.

Actually, it's flawless,

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Sableye is the best pokemon, this I decree

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Am I the only one that feels like Goodra's design is uncomfortably close to being explicitly intended for inflation fetish peeps on deviantart

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

What the gently caress, dude? Are you sure you don't see that because you want it to be intended for that?

I mean I'd really rather it not be the case that I'm right but I am also a human being with working eyes, so

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I'm ROLLING UP MY SLEEVES and GETTING READY TO HELLA POST ABOUT naw you're right this is stupid

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I like all of the eons but I'll never truly love one until we get the bipedal-boxing-glove-wearin'-Fighting-type Fisteon

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

PetraCore posted:

No that's gulpin.

EDIT: No but seriously idk where you're getting this.

From the get-go I saw early leaks and thought "this is probably fake, Goomy probably won't evolve into some weird slimy dick dragon", was wondering if it was just me and apparently it is :shrug:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I wish someone would wrest creative control of the Digimon franchise away from the insane fiends who currently do it. It's like they're all completely unaware of what made people like it in the first place.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I prefer my Big Tough Skeeter friend to Big Metal Lion Covered In Pointy Rocks, thanks

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I wish the elemental genies weren't so powerful because I hate looking at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

TaurusOxford posted:

They would have been great if they all weren't so goddamn slow.

Relative weakness in speed wouldn't matter so much if it didn't mean taking higher amounts of damage from powerful legendaries.