Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:stare: holy moley, wimpods evolution looks hardcore. Slandits evolution is also pretty rad, that might be my go to fire type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alolan Persian is literally just Garfield. You can only catch it with lasagna. It will refuse to battle on Mondays.

For more Garfield pokemon please click this link: http://garfemon.tumblr.com

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Internet Kraken posted:

Alolan Forms: Lame as hell

I dunno, I still think Alolan Ninetales/vulpix, Marowak, and Raichu are cool and good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

AlphaKretin posted:

Eggsecutor, Dugtrio

Oh yeah, Alolan Eggsecuter is hilarious and fits the setting well. Dudetrio is also fine in my book.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ometeotl posted:

What if Marshadow is Mimikyu without its sheet?

Then I would be super happy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

less laughter posted:

Design-wise several of them like Mega Heracross could easily be turned into a regular evolution and no one would notice the difference. It really looks like a whole other species instead of a powered-up form of regular Heracross.

Mega Mawile and Mega Audino should also be regular evolutions.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

EorayMel posted:

Where is Alolan Walrein?

AKA this

I love this animal.

Team Aqua and Team Magma are dumb as Hell, but they're still cool. At the very least they have good costumes, which is more than what you can say about team Flare.

I'm pretty sure the joke behind punchcrab being part ice type is that it's literally a "Snow crab". I bet he tastes delicious.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sharrrk posted:

it's a literal yeti crab. thats the joke

I actually didn't know yeti crabs were a thing, and now I do so thank you.

They also probably taste delicious, once you take the fur offor I mean.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

What if Popplio's final evolution is Water/Ice and has Pure Power as its hidden ability?

It's not, it's water/fairy and can learn Aurora Veil which halves the power of physical and special moves for the entire party for five turns.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What is this? Is it a Chinese knock off or some bizarre early concept art.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well, he's not wrong.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Keiya posted:

They haven't done a third version since 2008.

I count Black and white 2 as a third version, and I actually think Y and X badly needed a third version.

Third versions are good, I like them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zore posted:

According to the leaked pokedex

Its only in the 3rd island. So, while we don't know exactly how progression will go odds are its a good bit into the game

Do you have a link to the leaked island pokedexes? I like to plan my team in advance.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I just saw the trailer, I guess Red and Blue finally got married and now they're on a Hawaiian honeymoon.

Primarina is fabulous, but his signature move is lame. Oh well, I can still teach him Scald and Ice beam and he gets STAB fairy moves so a signature move isn't really needed.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LEGO Genetics posted:

According to my limited research, apparently Serena won da Ashbowl.

The absolute madwoman.

Is that a prize anyone really wants though?

Also, now she's just going to be replaced by yet another interchangeable female sidekick.

Anyway, the new Pokémon Generations was great. The perfect blend of creepy and adorable :3: give Chansey another episode.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 28, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Frankly, your rival having a crush on you and not knowing how to properly express it would explain a lot of his behavior in Gen 1.

Glad these two crazy kids found a way to work things out.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zore posted:

stantler's nose is very offensive.

Forget about the nose: what the hell is wrong with its butt?

Stantler had a decent sprite in Gold and silver, but it did not transition well into 3D :stare:

Edit: The fact that Gamefreak has come up with three better deer Pokemon (two of which have multiple forms and one of which is a legendary) while quietly pretending Stantler doesn't exist shows they probably don't think he looks so good either. Seriously, just give this poor thing a redesign!

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 2, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awwww, Giratina and Cyrus are friends now!

I'm glad Pokémon Satan has a buddy :3:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aw man, Day wolf is so much faster than Night Wolf...and it has a priority rock move.

As much as I like Night Wolf's silly edgelord design it's pretty clear that Day wolf is the superior wolf.

Still getting Moon though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nerfed Talonflame is bullshit. Now what the Hell am I supposed to do with the two shiny Talonflames I have!? Huh!??

Anyway, I really want a fire type on my team and I've limited myself to only using new Pokemon and Alaloan forms. I was going to use the fancy new fire Marowak, but it's stats and moves suck so I'm going with Salazzle. I hate that only the females evolve though, it's going to suck searching for a girl when there's only a 12.5 chance one will appear.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Funkmaster General posted:

Wait, the lady at the daycare counter just told me that pokemon you leave at the daycare will not gain any levels over time, so it's 100% only for breeding now. And yet still they don't know where eggs come from.

Look, can YOU figure out how a Drifblim and a Chandelure make a baby? Because frankly I consider that pretty freakin' mysterious.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TFRazorsaw posted:

So Alola Sandslash's Slush Rush ability makes it speed up while in Hail.

It's a blue quilled creature with the ability to move at high speeds.

Hm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Clearly a reference to Mario.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So in sun and moon: how soon can you catch a Pikachu?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If I understand correctly, post-game involves a final trial and then handling the Pokemon League. And then some more traditionally post-game stuff like a side-story and the battle tree. So you can still get some in-game use.

Does My boy Guzma get to be a part of the Pokemon League? Because that's all I care about.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr. Fetus posted:

He is not part of the Elite 4.

:( Then what is even the point?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So how soon can you catch an ultra beast? Is it only a post game feature or could I have one on my team right away?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

When does Slandit evolve?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Yeah, but Tropius has actual, functional wings. Which doesn't excuse Decidueye.

Decidueye is clearly a land owl, not a sky owl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXb8S4weykM

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm glad I learned about Steenee needing stomp to evolve into Tsareena because I don't think I would have been able to figure out that one on my own.

I gotta say, I'm not really a fan of those weird gimmick evolutions, but Tsareena is still cool though and still going to be on my team.

So how soon can you catch a Bounsweet? I don't want to trade for one at the pokecenter on the second island because I like to give all of my ingame Pokemon custom nicknames.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blaziken386 posted:

Are you talking about an in-game trade, or did they, for whatever godly reason, axe the PSS from Gen 6? I feel like I shouldn't have to ask that question, but Gamefreak has been known to do incredibly silly poo poo.

In game trade, as far as I can tell PSS is still around. Even Gamefreak was smart enough to keep that feature.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zore posted:

No, DexNAV is gone.

WHY!!!????

Edit: seriously, just, what the gently caress!? God DAMNIT Gamefreak!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bogart posted:

If you put Raichu and Mimmikyu on the same team, you're a bad person.

Why? I bet those two would be best friends.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bogart posted:

You're reminding Mimik of what it so desperately wants to be, but can't. :(

Mimik is lonely wants to be loved, getting to hang out with and befriend a cool surfer version of his idiol would be awesome for him.

These two are going to be best bros for life. :3:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ariel the Popplio is my new best friend :3: I love him, and I also love my new Pichu friend Lisa.

However, I do not love this endless loving tutorial.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I kind of like Lillie.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

When can I change my clothes?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cutiefly lives up to his name :3:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LEGO Genetics posted:

So the Pokémon anime became a harem series now

Is the shirtless tan guy and the fat kid with the gameboy shirt part of the harem? Is it canon that Ash is bisexual now?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cheetah7071 posted:

I just caught a stufful with the right ability but it's a male and the rest of my team is pretty ladies what do I do pokemon thread

Let your new bear friend hang out with the cool girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Really? I just finished it by using my cutiefly's evolved form. I used two of its big rear end puff bomb things and then switched to my emo-owl to murder his friend. Much faster totem fight than wishiwashi was for me and I had type advantage for that one.

Cutiefly and its evolved form are great. I wasn't planning on using him for long, but now I think he might end up as part of my end game team. Good type, a wide variety of moves, high special and speed, I am loving everything about this adorable little bug.