Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Man aside from the 30 FPS lock, this game is great.

the gunfeel is fabulous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

gunfeel and driving are both really good, and brutally knifing redneck racists in the belly never gets old

I'm a fan of blowing their legs and feet off personally.

Shotguns are king in this game.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

okay there might be one or two glitches

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

God dammit 14 hours to download/ install.

Please help me get hype, tia

you can dismember klanners if you're half decent at aiming a shotgun.

and they deal with racism reasonably well tbh.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Man there's something darkly amusing about taking out old lady sentries.

https://gfycat.com/SizzlingPassionateDolphin

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 8, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

Had my first glitch in 5 hours on PC. As I arrived at a jetty, the boat I was meant to get in whizzed up and about in the air all over the place like a balloon with no knot, taking damage as it did until it blew up and crashed into the river, creating a boat shaped bottomless hole for the water to pour into.

See I know the game is glitchy but I just can't get mad at things like this.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

Game's legit fun but maaan does it feel like it's missing a patch or two.

Well good news, there's a patch coming in approximately ten minutes.

https://twitter.com/mafiagame/status/784865521439080448

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Looks like the patch worked just fine! I'm getting ~50 FPS with all settings maxed at 1080p with an i5-4690k @4.2 GHz and a 970.

E: they completely overhauled the controls as well, it works far better now.

The only thing I really want now is better textures for PC, and a way to disable that drat camera snapback while driving.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 8, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Google Butt posted:

ive never played a mafia game, is it fun and worth the full price?

Buy on steam, if you don't like it, you can return it if you've played less than two hours.

Alternatively, GMG prolly sells it for significantly cheaper.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

Steam downloaded the patch, but I don't see an option anywhere to modify FPS and the game is still locked at 30. Where is that setting? Also, where do you enable simulation driving?

display settings in game

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah people were saying xbone's 720 and PS4's 900.

I've got an i5 4460, a 970 and 8gb ram and I struggle to even get 30 on low. WTF?

Well that's goddamn bizarre. I have almost the exact same setup (slightly better haswell i5) and I'm getting 50-60 on Max at 1080p

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I've honestly never had a crash, and that's despite poking around with CE's VEH debugger! The only glitch I had was the weird lights in the bayou and that's completely ignorable.

That being said the repetitive nature of the game is downright dire.

Which is a shame since the gun play is loving fantastic. Miles better than GTA.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

My kingdom for a fast travel option.

So far this is the best GTAlike in terms of story but weakest in terms of gameplay. Even the Saboteur, released half finished, had less repetitive gameplay.

It's a bit of a weird dynamic, since honestly it's the missions that are the problem. If the taking over the districts dealio was your standard ubisoft open world side activities, they'd be great! But as part of the story, as part of your main mission structure? I'm not so hot on them. It gets a bit boring after awhile.

But driving, gunplay, and the like? That's fantastic, and honestly it sets a new industry standard because it's really really good. Also, I really like the lack of a weapon wheel and the limited ammo. I mostly just wish the weapons weren't straight upgrades.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Powershift posted:

apparently you get absolutely loving nothing for getting all the magazines. For getting all the records and vargas paintings you get absolutely loving nothing, and even more nothing

Also, don't install the supercharger upgrade on your cars. it adds a fake rear end blower whine that's basically just a really high pitched squeal at full throttle. if you have bad hearing and your dog is losing his loving mind when you play mafia 3, that's probably why.

I didn't even realize you could modify cars!

Uh, how do you do that?

E: Wait, gently caress me I'm dumb. They're cassandra upgrades, so they ought to be applied universally.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

If you're on PC just cheatengine the wiretap materials. It's a bit complicated since you need to use a debugger, but the instructions are pretty clear on the CE forums.

Saves a shitton of time. Because I gave myself 99 wiretap materials and I've used almost all of them with three districts to go.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Apparently the address for wiretap boxes ties into how much a captured business earns you, so putting it at 99 will really hamper your income.

Incidentally I put mine at 5000 and boy was that silly when I went to get paid :haw:

Only if you don't use the VEH debugger method. If you do, there's no problem.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

spooky like this! posted:

I'm on the PS4 and trying to do the Guns racket and I think the game has become completely loving busted. I did the trainyard with the map and an informant but nothing else showed up on the map so I can't progress any further.

Not all of the rackets are in the district. Zoom your map out further, and look at your objectives screen. I think some guns rackets were in the bayou.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

ZombyDog posted:

10-15 frames with that get up? That doesn't sound like an optimisation problem - there has to be something else going on there.

Yeah seriously. Same setup here, 50-60 on maximum. The game is great on PC, though I'm glad I got it for $40 as $60 is a bit on the high side for this game. $30-$40 would be a fair price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I mean, what the gently caress would it be? It's not like I'm getting artifacting or anything that would suggest my card's hosed. The audio's constantly clipping though.

Definitely a problem with your computer then. Check your temperatures for throttling. Might be a CPU issue too.

• Locked thread