Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Scyantific posted:

Anyone aware if Chesko is working on SSE versions of his survival mods? I'm at the point where that sort of stuff feels like a native feature instead of a mod.

Yeah, it's there and having it inside the game via the mod interface feels really good.

I'm really liking the SE, even the jank feels ok, like coming home.

How do I get skyui working?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Good lord, all the mods I just downloaded are arthmoor. :| We get oblivion gates yet?

Yep, as a standalone mod in the in game mod list lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gasman posted:

I wish he would make it compatible with Open Cities, which is a completely unrelated mod.
Btw Open CIties runs great on the SE, getting a constant 60fps everywhere. I would fps drops into the 20's on the old version.

you just know he typed each letter of that sentence with trembling hands and slitted eyes.

Will Sky UI work on the SE version, in part at least? i'm enjoying coming back, but the vanilla interface is too bad to use even ironically.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo posted:

you just know he typed each letter of that sentence with trembling hands and slitted eyes.

Will Sky UI work on the SE version, in part at least? i'm enjoying coming back, but the vanilla interface is too bad to use even ironically.

SkyUI - this seems to work fine, just the inventory and shopkeeper menus.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Smol posted:

Wait Arthmoor voice acted the dragon himself?

for maximum immersion

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ikr.

tell me if you work out how to use the controller in skyUI to give stuff to your followers. Lydia needs to get pimped.

e; putting frostfall, wet and cold, and I need in the opening mod lineup was good and tasteful

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 30, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I like it. I've just been chucking mods on from the 30 or so they have at the moment, and it's pleasantly seamless not even having to go to Steam. You click on a few squares and then you're in a vastly different game. They've also done a p decent job of mod curation. Particuarly the open cities, frostfall, camping combo. I've only played one of the content mods, but luckily it's the lost city mod, which is amazing (though they're wordy motherfuckers to be sure).

oh and they've fixed shadows, which I struggled with on the original version.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kiggles posted:

No, it was certainly a vanilla feature, and like Schubalts said, it looked loving awful. Which is probably why you associate with with ENB; that is the only way to ever make them look not terrible.

SSE was worth it just for fixed shadows imo. I never got them looking better than 'almost ok'.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sorry if it's a bad subject, but can someone give me the for dummies explanation on why skyrim combat has stayed poop? Are there intrinsic limits on how much it can change?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fintilgin posted:

Thanks. I was about to get really crabby that I needed to make a Bethesda account to loving use mods, but just clicking load order lets me activate them. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Interesting, just activating the load order thing in game once made all the esps suddenly show up in NMM.

I put immersive sounds in my data folder and it didn't show up in the Bethesda list, but I think it's working - sounds seem more immersive. I'm immersed. possibly it's an immersion placebo idk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Agents are GO! posted:

Im using Wrye Bash.

So yes, this is the middle ages.

just use the in-game bethsoft mod thing, it works fine

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

armoredgorilla posted:

Hahhaha Nexus keeps killing ported SkyUI uploads, presumably because they're not done with the original modder's expressed written consent or some nonsense.

SkyUI - this seems to work fine, just the inventory and shopkeeper menus.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 31, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Entropic posted:

:nexus:

I was all excited to try the Remastered version but I feel like I shouldn't bother diving until at least until SkyUI and SPERG are ported. I fired it up for a bit and I'd forgotten how godawful the vanilla user interface is.

i'm enjoying the SPERG equivalent they have up on the in game modthing.

e: vvv that's the one, yeah. I don't know if it's better than SPERG, but I'm enjoying the choices so far. vvv

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 1, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

They've said that was a mistake, iirc, it's going to be patched.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I've been having a great time dark soulsing it with a puny mage and maximum frostfall. Skyrim is genuinely threatening, it's great.

Also The 3d sound mod with Immersive Sounds is amazing.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Deified Data posted:

Try Frostfall + the shipwrecked origin from Live Another Life. Enjoy swimming like a mile through icy water to the nearest shore...which is more tundra.

Being a newbie mage and going to the college at Winterhold is basically that.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Deified Data posted:

There was an Argonian camping by a shipwreck on the shore who let me share his fire for a bit. :shobon:

I passed out at one point and woke up next to an argonian and his buddy who were raiding a tomb or something and it was a hilarious and awesome adventure. Frostfall is skyrim imo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GunnerJ posted:

I'm pretty sure Frostfall included the ability to use fire magic to start campfires but summoning a demon posse to do it is a good call imo

You have to have a decent destruction score. There's also some illusion spells that make running around in the cold way less painful.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I really like that true 3D audio for headphones mod, sorry can't get to the nexus right now to link it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

no bones about it posted:

I love that goon whoever they are, the default UI is painful as gently caress.

tips hat

don't tell reddit they will call it mod piracy and ban u

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Eifert Posting posted:

I have my mods set up in the old version and wonder if it's worth diving into that rabbit hole with the new version. It'd be kinda refreshing starting a new character. Things I would be most concerned about :

A. Did they fix item placement? Do things stay where you left them now or do you still have to set something down on the ground, leave the cell, return, and then oven-mitt swing it around until it's almost where you want it and pray no one nudges it and a ghost doesn't decide to throw it across the room? ( a mod to fix this in the base game would also be great, particularly with the display cases.

B: Are the new graphics enough of an improvement that I'll be fine without diving into the weeds on that front again. I did pretty much everything you can to eek a good visual out of the previous game.

C: About what percentage of mods have been converted? Is it a major ordeal or fairly simple for modders to switch?

Graphics aren't hugely changed, they've fixed shadows and added god rays and volumetric fog and put a shader over it. It looks nice IMO but it's not drastic.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Xae posted:

Pick Pocketing lets you buy Perk Points for 50k gold too.

perk pocketing

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i fuckin love this game

What's the best SE addititional perk mod, though? I have a 2 perks every second level mod but it doesn't seem to work.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr.Grit posted:

Enai has a couple additional downloads on the ordinator download area that increase perk gain by 20%/50%.

that's the one that doesn't work for me :confused:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I've been enjoying Wildcat combat, seems to make it a bit more tactical. Frostfall and Campfire are must haves for me. SkyUI 2.2 works with SSE. Open cities, and live another life.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

dwarf74 posted:

I'm loving it. It feels like how the game should have been in the first place.

You do have to fix vampire attacks, so keep that in mind. But it just feels great.

if I come back to whiterun and it seems a little skimpy, population wise, is that because they've been vampired? any fix once it's happened?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Inepta Lacerta posted:

You can (probably) look up their prid number on the uesp wiki if vanilla or doing a 'help "character name" 4' console command, followed by 'prid prid id' and then a 'moveto player'. I think you can also do 'prid id.getav Health' to check if they are alive (a return value of non-zero).

If the npc is dead, I think you can get it back with the moveto command followed by 'recycleactor', still targeting the npc in the console.

cool, thanks.

tbh i'm likely not fond enough of the zombie-eyed bastards to do this but it's good to know.

How good is dragonborn, as compared to dawnguard? Any level recommendations?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Hey, at least they're better than they were in oblivion (not a high bar to clear), though I always tend to install a prettier eye mod in any TES game, because bethesda and faces...

<insert image of the adoring fan here>

Also, Dragonborn is pretty good in that you get a little bit of that Morrowind magic in it what with the ashen landscape, a dunmer mushroom settlement and whatnot. Plus a fair bit of interaction with one of the less used Daedric princes.

Me, I'm currently playing through the fan-made dlc "Beyond reach" which is promising thus far, even if the voice acting is pretty spotty. Can also recommend Falskaar if you haven't played that yet, because that thing is solid.

Thanks! The Forgotten City is very good, too.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Yeah, I just figured out that will usually fix it which is why I just got rid of the text wall. I messed around a bit and it seems to be running good, so now I can start trying out the modding. One thing weird though is I swear sometimes the game feels a little "janky" even though it runs around 60fps.

E: Also what are you guys opinions on controller vs keyboard? I played it originally on ps3 so I'm used to the controller but I'm sure I can get used to the keyboard and mouse if the game suits it better

I really like the controller but skyrim is dumb and shuts off the keyboard when you're using it, which is a pain.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cheap Shot posted:

Here's a little immersion mod that may make it to the list of essentials.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3645/

actual lol @ that

I'd say that 3d headphones sound mod is essential, I really noticed the difference (though now i've said that someone will probably find out it's an audio placebo)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I'm sure this has been asked 10,000 times but everyones a little different.

Looking for some input on favorite mods for guy who last played vanilla skyrim back in 2011.

What are like a few mods to start with that you like. I'm finding myself spending more time reading about mods than playing the drat game.

Basically: little harder combat, better quality of life nuances

Edit: Mod Organizer won't detect launcher for SSE, does NMM work?

Edit: start with visual mods and some quality of life. Any combat recommendations?
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
static mesh improvement
Total Character Makeovers
Wet and cold Probably not required.
Immersive sounds overhaul
Skyrim Flora overhaul
Vivid weather
Realistic Water Probably not required.
Ars Metallica-smith overhaul
Open Cities
True storms
Run for you lives/vampires attack
Reshade
Realistic lighting overhaul (sounds like it would be good?)

frostfall is amazing, and changes the entire game

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Devorum posted:

Has anyone had an issue with the SE version of Ordinator where the Smithing perks don't register properly? I can't improve anything above Fine, regardless of how high in the tree I go.

I had a bug with ordinator where i couldn't smelt orichalcum, there's another smithing mod i had which might be to blame, i'll fiddle with the load order and see if it fixes it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fuligin posted:

Any suggestions on an ENB that will play nice with Climates of Tamriel + ELX? Game looks nice already, but I'm looking for just a bit more "oomph" and I know my computer can hack it.
As an aside, I'm playing with Frostfall and Campfire for the first time and I'm kind of blown away by how well integrated and fun-not-brutally-punitive it is. Who knew survival mods could be... good?

Yep. It makes coming down to the lowlands a sort of release of breath, but the mountains are still there..mocking you ...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

TipsyMcStagger posted:

so i'm finding since I installed reshade + enb, night is pitch black.. so much so that I'm running around with candlelight in my offhand just to see anything.

is this "My Immersion!!!!!" or is this not hard dark its supposed to be? Dungeons aren't as dark due to light sources but I'm still finding myself hot swapping constantly just to cast it.

Lastly, Does vanilla skyrim give debuffs for food/water/fatigue? I installed iNeed - Food/Water modification and wondering if it actually makes the game more annoying with these things

I love ineed, it makes food meaningful without being annoying.

Also I've been finding Wildcat combat is very good, it makes combat quite dangerous (but also over quickly if you get the drop on the opponent). Matter of taste probably because it uses stuns to take control away from you a lot if you're being hit which I can imagine people really hating, but it makes for some really tense combats rather than just charging in and hammering attack.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i have SSE and I'd like both a good torch mod (e.g. drop the torch on the ground when you pull out a weapon) and some dark dungeons - what's my best option?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The other approach seems to be having a script that goes through each dungeon and shuts off all the light sources, which will need a new skse.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

the title of this thread makes me smile and hear that scandy guy saying it every time so well done for that

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That Ignorant Sap posted:

The Alternate Start expansion New Beginnings has been ported to SE.

so has Enhanced Lights and FX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Burns posted:

drat EnaiSiaion has made some good mods.

Which is more recommended now, Wildcat or Smilodon?

What I'd still love to see is if he/she could uniquify armor (and weapons) beyond the item's weigh/armor/class rating.

I've been really liking wildcat. It really discourages charging in instead of blocking, dodging and picking your moments.