Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He says these things until he has some power in a company, then it's All Nasty Boys All The Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This was the best TM61 has looked yet. I think it was the first match of theirs that I really enjoyed. They're just so bland right now, but who knows - Blake & Murphy and The Revival were wallowing in obscurity until they won the titles too.

I've always loved The Revival, though, even when they only showed up like once a month.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Any word on how many women will be in the tournament? It'd be nice to see them try to find 32 women to keep it on par with the CWC.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So what's Dan Matha's story? And how many times do I have to type it before my phone doesn't autocorrect Matha to Martha?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

AMReese posted:

Andrade should look to Hunico for inspiration on how to be a rudo in WWE. At least he has killer music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ulYoud5Xs

Please tell me the name of this song indicates him forming a tag team with Making A Difference Fatu even if it's a lie.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Mandy Rose already significantly better than Eva Marie

Is there a reason outside of her look that she gets associated with Eva? Do they have a history? I do it too, but I think I'm just being superficial.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really hope the full thing is televised otherwise what's the point of creating new teams for it just to have them lose to a live audience and no one else?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm hoping the leaked brackets mean Sanity debuts tonight because I'm tired of seeing that same video package every week.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ah, I assumed they were leaked since I thought someone said they were up earlier then taken down. My stance on Sanity remains.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tournament also looks like another quick way to give DIY a win over The Revival without the titles on the line.

What was the final last year? For the life of me I can't remember who Joe and Balor beat now, only being disappointed at the quarter final losses. Was it Rhino and someone?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ahh that's right. How could I forget Corbs! That whole show was incredible.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It seemed like Clark did something during his entrance that didn't fly with WWE. The camera stayed on Swann's reaction while Clark was on the apron and there was an audible reaction from the crowd. What did he dooooo??

Also, RIP America Tights.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

https://twitter.com/DotNetZim/status/776578867901456384

Maybe it cut away from that? I didn't see it

Ahh that would make sense. Scoops!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If they're going to add incentives to the network then they need to offer account sharing or at least the ability to run two streams simultaneously over the same network.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I liked Otis and Tucker way more than I was expecting to.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shawn Cotureier posted:

I know it's super early into their run, but Sanity isn't really doing anything for me at all

Same, and I wish they were. I can't put my finger on what's not clicking for me. Is it too cheesy? Are they trying too hard to be "crazy" characters? I like the entrance and the gear and everything - I really love the way they appear on the ramp in a group like that.

Maybe they're still finding their voice.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Any reason they didn't use "Crazy" Mary Dobson in Sanity instead? Was she not signed in time? I assume if they needed a crazy lady for the crazy group why not go with the one who has been doing a crazy gimmick already?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, it's crazy because that kick doesn't look hard or botched at all. He just kinda puts his boot up. Crazy that much damage came from it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Okay, it looks and sounds WAY worse from that second angle. God drat.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The weekly show has been missing something lately. I'm not sure where it started getting less exciting for me. It used to be that I would make sure I tuned in at 8pm on the dot to see the show - now, some nights, if I miss the show completely I don't rush to catch back up on it.

I feel like a lot of it probably has to do with calling up all of the established women basically at once (minus Bayley). Some weeks just feel like such filler episodes with nothing of note happening outside of a 10-minute segment with a champion and whatever storyline they're involved in. I do like that NXT has never been afraid to keep champions off of TV for a couple of weeks rather than trying to force everyone into a spot on every episode, but something is definitely falling short at this point. Hopefully they can swing back around and make the show exciting again because the Takeover events are always pretty well on-point.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love The Drifter 😞

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really hope they do 32. They can find 32 women to fill the tournament, and doing 16 makes it seem kinda like less of a big deal than the CWC.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I guess they want some more minis for the Women's Division as led by Alexa Bliss

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The last two weeks have just been Japan and Melbourne which were basically house shows. Right? I haven't watched them yet because they feel like filler for the holidays, but I'll watch them eventually. When the actual weekly show is happening again I'll watch like normal.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

But to be fair, Chris Hero is a pretty dumb name itself.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I enjoy Graves almost as much as Heenan.

He does a great job at color and he plays that heel persona well. I just want him to have one person that he hates always like Heenan did with Hogan.

He really loving hates The Drifter even though he's a heel. And he loathes DIY. When he hates someone he lays it on REAL heavily and it's pretty fun.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When are the tapings for tonight's episode from? I can't keep track of the taping schedule but I'm hoping we see some new and exciting stuff.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder if Asuka will retain or lose by Cross pinning one of the Aussies. It felt like they wanted to save Asuka vs Ember for the title at Mania, but maybe a triple threat with Cross?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God you're the worst at posting tweets when they aren't your own

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What, for more rehab? How long was he supposed to be out after that gross powerslam injury?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So, I'm confused. Did Hero return at a taping or a house show? Been wondering when he'd be popping up on TV again just assuming his return was for TV, but maybe not?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Who was that WCW jobber that did the flippy suplex thing as a finisher?

The suplex Ambrose used tonight? I think that'd be EZ Money.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just move Aries to commentate on NXT. He's been pretty fun on 205 Live. We need a good biased heel commentator.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wasn't that Katya lady the one JBL was searching for nudes of in one of his browser tabs in his tweet about Takeover?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm hoping some fun stuff starts to kick off tonight. The last couple of cycles have been generally underwhelming so with any luck they break out of that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't think we'll ever get a solid replacement for Corey Graves. He's like Heenan or Ventura for this generation. I'm not saying he's entirely on their level, but he does the heel(-ish) commentary really well, is super quick, and even puts over babyfaces when they prove him wrong in the ring. I feel like we haven't had a good heel commentator like Graves in ages, and I don't expect them to just suddenly find another one to fill his void on NXT.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't imagine Ember wins the shot next week, because it feels like they'd save Asuka/Ember for Mania weekend. Maybe a Peyton win after turning on Billie?

Wait... now I can't remember? Is it Peyton/Billie/Ember or Peyton/Liv/Ember?

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 16, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did he lose a loser leaves match at some point? What's the deal with being masked now?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What the hell is Macey's gimmick supposed to be? The long skirt made her look like a Quaker or something, but then it came off and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

spudsbuckley posted:

Who was that sloppy moron woman that did the run in at the end of this weeks NXT?

Parked herself right in the way in one of the corners and made everyone else awkwardly work around her.

I feel like she was in a really tough spot. She came in to even the odds and beat up Nikki but then they also had to make sure the other faces got their final moves in, too. Would have made much more sense if she laid out Nikki and then Sanity retreated.

• Locked thread