Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

The Walrus posted:

lol if you buy your weed on the dark web i sent money to a man in british columbia named jacob on friday and got a very reasonably priced package on monday

How do you think people who buy on the dark web get their weed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Stevie Lee posted:

I bought and used a vape for the first time last night

and holy poo poo I've been doing it all wrong - there's so much flavor I've been burning away. it hit hard and fast, too. I had five or six big puffs of chemdawg and it almost put me out for the night. the high did fade away quicker than I expected, but god drat.

Congratulations. You've entered the world of the obnoxious "flavor seekers." We're really not so bad, and there's still time before we go full wine snob.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LethalGeek posted:

Girlfriend basically said at one point that modern legal weed is getting too strong and we should probably you know, stop making it better.

Isn't this the promise of legalization that we'll get a more diverse supply, so there's room for both the "Barleywine" strain and the "Miller High Life" strain?

I guess, unfortunately, they'll all probably come from the same conglomerate, but at least there'll be some market segmentation.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LethalGeek posted:

Think her point was after a certain % of thc dosing becomes harder than it need to be. Which I found out to be pretty accurate starting out when you have zippy tolerance.

I understand. I just meant that THC hunters could chase the hi test stuff, while the market could allow for more mid to low THC, "session" products (whether flowers or lozenges or something in between).

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Cracklin Oat Bran

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
This is currently the last post in two threads--I didn't see the "crossposting" mention, and thought I'd fallen into a time loop.

Man, I was gonna smoke some more, but I think I'm probably good...

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

bring back old gbs posted:

I think your lungs take in everything they are capable of as soon as a chemical enters. Lungs aren't like empty bags, they're super porous so it's not like if the smoke hangs around in there it'll find new surface area to stick to.

I think what you get immediately after inhale is all the chemical uptake you're going to get and anything beyond that is just damaging the tissue for no real effect. Am I wrong here?

I've heard that as well, but then how does shotgunning work? Like, not "lit end in your mouth" shotgunning, but the regular "exhale into someone's mouth" style?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I can’t imagine why she’s not inviting this side of the family.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Improbable Lobster posted:

I have literally never been able to tell the difference between a "sativa high" and a "indica high" and anyone who claims they can is lying

:rolleyes:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

I've heard rumblings about how the term marijuana vs cannabis has racial connotations but I also kind of think that may be some white people nonsense

The plant’s called cannabis, the Mexican slang was marijuana, and American media popularized the slang term during the Reefer Madness era to tie it to the scary brown people who were going to rape your (white) women.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I asked this in the vape thread, but since we’re on the topic here:

I just bought a dab pen and am trying to get a sense about how to store concentrate. I have two grams of pretty gummy “shatter,” each gram wrapped in parchment paper and stored in a an individual envelope. Right now, I’ve got them in a mason jar with my flower, but should I be chilling/freezing them? Some sites say I shouldn’t or they’ll get exposed to moisture, some say chill just before use, etc.

I guess while I’m here — anyone use good third party dab tools? I got a scraper with the pen, but it feels like a pretty mediocre experience.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Thanks you both. I think my consistency may not work with a glass jar, but those picks look legit.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Scornful Sexbot posted:

I just left mine in the fridge for a couple weeks, making sure to shake it once and awhile.

Yeah, it's not that complicated a process. I got a plenty effective tincture by covering a couple grams of AVB in Everclear for three hours.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

purple death ray posted:

ain't nobody reading that poo poo son

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Vaping and watching Aquaman.

:coolfish:

Also, I now totally understand Milk Duds in popcorn as a thing.

EDIT: Also, there are a LOT of exposition monologues in this movie.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 24, 2019

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Definitely getting some of that, but yeah. Origin stories are all about the long drive to the fireworks factory, I guess.

Note: Yelled "gently caress You!" out loud when they talked about what is greater than a king.

EDIT: Man, someone is going to write a ripping thesis analyzing this movie through an imperialist, "great man" historical perspective. :eng101:

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 24, 2019

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

I ran out of smoke-able and vapable weed so for the past couple months I've just been eating ABV a couple times a week. It's nice once in a while but too regularly and it becomes unenjoyable for me.
going to hold out maybe another couple weeks before I return to smoking. Try'na save money here.

Just start eating that poo poo. I don't like storing it for too long incase it gets gross.
I still havent gotten around to buying gel caps. Just eat it with nutella and bread or a yoghurt.

Yeah, I basically eat AVB (.5 g straight with some nutella) on a Saturday when I want to lose a day or plan to get laid. Between vaping, AVB, and just life preventing me from building up a decent tolerance, I had to stop buying a half at a time because I would disappear for months and my guy would get suspicious when I messaged him out of the blue.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
cool story

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just sensibly chuckled imagining a Roseanne episode of Dinosaurs.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

marijuanamancer posted:

walk around downtown and ask anyone who looks like they've been standing in the same spot for a while

Yeah, this is what cops don't do. Don't do this thing.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

BigFactory posted:

It was brown brick weed.

Edit: Never mind, this is goddamn beautiful.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Not a vape pen. Just a dry herb vaporizer. Makes a huge difference, even as a supplement to joints.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Many high wage jobs do too. The difference is largely whether they keep making you do it once you've got the job (regardless of wage).

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just drank some chicken soup through my vape stem. Wish me luck...

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
That's... that's awful. I'm sorry that happened.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
How, in the name all that is holy, would they know if you're vaping dry herb in your apartment?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Yeah. If you're gonna eat ABV, start low. I mean like 0.5 grams low. I see people on here downing 00 capsules like crazy, and that just feels insane.

Also, and unrelated to you--if you can smell dry herb vape clouds and cleaning supplies through your walls, your apartment is basically built of balsa wood. Get a $50 air purifier, and live your life.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Zipperelli. posted:

Just ate about 1.5 g of ABV in a peanut butter & nutella sandwich.

Honestly couldn't taste it at all. Let's see how it hits...

RemindMe! 3 days

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I know it can be a big hassle, but man is there nothing like your first hit after cleaning your pipe/screen/whatever. Like, I actually forget how the pull should feel and it's a surprise every time.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Play posted:

How'd you clean it? I'm really lazy and I smoke so much weed that my big pipe fills with poo poo within a few days. I don't really think it's that bad to smoke it dirty, as I usually dump it out before I really get to the bottom of the weed, because I want to avoid inhaling resin.

I know there are products I just don't have any, usually I just stick em in a pot and boil/wash them over and over but that tends to make the house smell like lovely bongwater

I have a vaporizer, so I just soaked the screen in isopropyl alcohol and ran a soaked qtip over the well. For pipes and bongs, I think most people here would recommend alcohol and rock salt.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are people worried about the whole lung damage thing from vaping? Is it basically just don't buy from black market stuff? Do any of the actual reputable makers put that vitamin e stuff in their carts?

I don't know how many people are vaping concentrates vs vaping herb.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I save mine, but haven't need to use it in a grip. Like any shwag, it's perfectly serviceable for edibles.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

JAMOOOL posted:

for me when it comes to edibles there's a pretty narrow band between "frustrated I didn't take enough" and "total loving nightmare" so chaos weed like ABV is kinda hard to deal with

here's been my experience with it:

.7g - felt a bit nauseous right away, and within 45 minutes was higher than I've ever been in my life, like full-on panicking and taking my wife's CBD to try to calm myself down a bit. music was freaking me out, couldn't walk around cuz my legs felt like they were 300 lbs apiece, so I just laid in bed and watched Impractical Jokers for 2 hours, feeling intense anxiety for the guys on the show. woke up and was still high, felt a little nice but I was so physically drained that I just couldn't do much. took until like 5 PM to dissipate.
.4g - for some reason I tried this again. got me feelin' alright but again I wasn't quite stoned so I took a few hits off the vape pen. now I was "in the zone" so to speak but I noticed that night (about 5 hours after taking the ABV) that the high was getting more intense, which was weird. at some point I couldn't stop shivering, even though I wasn't really all that cold. started getting those weird thought spirals again but I just slept it off.

tldr, I have no idea how to properly take this poo poo

I used to use ABV for muscle relief/sleepytime, but man these both sound familiar. The worst is when you've been going for like 4 hours (or actually fell asleep), then suddenly feel yourself getting a good 20% higher with no warning.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

potee posted:

Electric lettuce

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I’m in a decriminalized state, so I still rely on Leafly for reviews and descriptions of all the strains my guy claims he’s carrying. Is there a better resource available?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
A 30-minute analysis of the history of the host entrance on The Price is Right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ1VUQvDu1g

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Agrinja posted:

Just made bhang for the first time. it's not gross so that's a step up for my usual edibles but I don't think it's going to do much.

How just is "just"? Setting a reminder, and want to check my timing.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Laserface posted:

Fellas

Gotta tell ya

I'm high as hell

:same:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LuckyCat posted:

Anyone ever heard of delta 8 thc? I guess headshops can carry it with federal legality. Wife brought some home and they get you high.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957557

Short version: they're probably just spraying chemicals on inert plant life, so lot of the same production issues as around any synthetic.

redreader posted:

Is there a standard method for vaping flower? I try to smoke thc-v stuff so I put my fury edge to max (430) to get the thc-v out. Should I start lower then crank it up later? What is the recommended minimum temp for vaping?

You're fine if you want that THC-V. If you believe the blogs, though, then you're not getting the full effect of the myrcene, etc. I tend to vape once at about 334, then again at about 370-390, depending on what I'm looking for. Vaping at higher temperatures just knocks me out, which is an effect I don't generally get when I smoke (though I almost only ever smoke blunts anymore, and rarely, so the nicotine may be a factor).

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/how-to-customize-a-cannabis-high-with-temperature

Strong potential for woo here, but I can consistently pull at least two "highs" out of a vape bowl at different temperatures, so it's worth it to me just for the cost-effectiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
From the blessed images thread: