Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

New 17 inch ice bong + Arizer Extreme vape = post covid compatible THC abuse.

:420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Did you make a homemade whip for the top? :O

Yeah, it's a rubber bung thing taken from the feet of my piano stool. I just put a hole through it and squeezed one of the glass tubes you get for the balloon kit through it, and et voila.

red19fire posted:

Hell yeah. Do you use the fan at all, or just do pure lung power?

Pure lung power. The fan isn't that strong, and doesn't have the power to draw the air through the glassware.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I love the dynavap too. It's the most effective and efficient vape I've ever come across, and re: wind issues, just get a multi flame windproof torch lighter and you'll be sorted.

I also use the optional rubber mouthpiece to squeeze it into a 10 or 14mm (i forget which) to 18mm adapter and connect it to my bongs when at home. There are also glass stems which work well for glassware, but the two I've bought in the past all broke within a week.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Day 164 of an unbroken wake'n'vape'til'bedtime marathon

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

Well that looks complicated

Not really. It's just a load of ice water cooling attached to a vape.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's very nice!

Thanks. It's loving amazing, and I can continue to get wasted (more so) since I was forced to give up smoking.

The ice bong is normally filled to the brim with ice, and I use the ash catcher to blow and collect water as the cubes melt. It's easier to empty that than the actual bong itself. The top of the bong has a silicone bung with a hole in, which sits an Arizer balloon glass stem, and that has a 1m platinum cured silicone tube which has a glass mouthpiece at the other end.

Each chamber can easily last 2 hours or more, starting at 190C and gradually working all the way up to 250C, and I get the same levels of titration as I used to get with joints.

I've had to put the dynavap to one side for now, as my lungs were screaming every time I used it. They are actually starting to improve now that I've switched to the EQ.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I still use a V.2 space case that I bought back in 2004. I did temporarily replace it with a phoenician grinder, but the police decided they liked the look of it and stole it from me a few years ago.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I bought a dynacoil for the dynavap, and am picking up some gelonade diamonds and sauce tomorrow.

And to think that 25 years ago, I used to hotknife soap bar using an electric hob and a plastic bottle.

[e: added pic. It's loving tiny]

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 29, 2020

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Diamonds and sauce are certainly an experience. It's amazing how little you need and how high you can get.

I'm also pretty sure pure THCa crystals aren't illegal in the UK under the misuse of drugs act or psychoactive substances act.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Day 205 of an unbroken wake'n'bake run.

Lemon Haze vapcaps followed by gelonade Diamonds and sauce dabs.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I spent ages looking for a long 18.8mm male to female extension for the dynavap, and found a slim ash catcher that was cheaper to purchase.

It's arrived today (in blue).

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 17, 2020

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My FrankenVapeBong in its current form is working great.

It takes about a lungful of air to draw the vapour from the dynavap through the system, which means I can run the vape hot and then take my time and titrate, puffing away like a joint using the whip.

So I guess it's a bit like dabbing, but for wimps.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 17, 2020

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Today is day 229 of an unbroken chain of waking and baking.

Switching to vaping means I use far less, I get much higher, and I don't ever seem to run out anymore.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Flowers and extracts, not carts.

I'm really digging the diamonds and sauce to the left (pure THCa crystals + terpenes)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Gorilla&Skittlez and Gelonade diamonds and sauce for breakfast? I don't mind if I do....

Have a :420: weekend goons!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is a close-up view of my breakfast THCa crystal soaked in terpenes (aka Diamonds and Sauce)

I was thinking about how ridiculous UK drug laws are, in that this THCa crystal is 100% legal. It's not a named cannabinoid listed in the Misuse of Drugs Act, and as THCa doesn't become psychoactive until it's heated when it then turns into THC9, it's also not covered under the Psychoactive Substances Act.

It becomes illegal for a few split seconds after I heat it, until the point where all evidence of my crime simply evaporates.

Mad isn't it?... lol

:420:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Christmas tree is sorted for this year.

Ice cream wedding cake.... mmmm

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Super Nintendo 64 posted:

I've been high since Friday the 13th of March :radcat:

You beat me by 28 days. lol

In other news, I turned 3-4 months worth of vaped weed into some emergency forbidden butter today.

And it's now divided into 3 chunks, vacuum sealed and put in the freezer. I still have a pack of the last batch in the freezer.

Save your vaped weed. There's a lot of medicine still left in it.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 13, 2020

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

red19fire posted:

Do you mind sharing how much abv and how much butter is in this? Do you have an idea of the relative strength? I get a lot of abv, I should probably put it to use instead of dumping it down the sink drain.

I tend to make it on the strong side, and for this batch I eyeballed a block of butter equal to size to that of the compressed abv.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Have you tried a SAD lamp? I got one a couple of years ago, and it's made winters a lot easier than they used to be.

I'm glad medibles seem to be working for you. Medibles are loving awesome :420:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Agreed but cats + weed makes a synergistic combination

Cats who love weed are the best imo, and I'm lucky to be blessed with such a feline stoner.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mystery sativa, gelonade diamonds and sauce, and wedding cake.

I never know which one to go for, so I end up taking all 3.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

UK dynavap peeps might be interested in this great kit of a 2019 head, vapcap and coil all for £47. It's half the price of buying them separately. Mine arrived today, and it now means I have separate heads for herbs and extracts, allowing me to overheat the extract vapcap without too much worry.

Time to christen it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

What exactly is the process of doing diamonds and sauce

I vape it using the dynavap with the dynacoil insert. The diamonds are pure THCa crystals, which turn to THC9 when you heat it up. It's a loving lovely high.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I got really high this morning and finally finished the variable temperature induction heater for the dynavap. No more combustion.

I'm going to try and get it to sit on top of the dynavap as it rests in the frankenbong, so I'll just have to fill it with extract, hold the whip in my mouth and the button in my hand, and <heat><click><inhale><repeat>

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

.... and it works. I haven't blown myself or the equipment up, this time...

I'm in loving heaven. I'm also now very very very very stoned after all this testing.

And t othose who see exposed mains cable and freak out, it's not carrying mains voltage.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Extracts are great, but I find dabbing is a bit extreme. It's too hot, and too much in one hit. I like to titrate, and I guess my lungs are a bit delicate these days.

Dynavap + Dynacoil has been great for me with everything from hash to diamonds and sauce, especially when connected to a water bong. It's probably about as close to dabbing as I'll ever get.

I like to get a gram of diamonds and sauce every time I pick up my herbs (normally 14g), and the extract lasts me for about a week, so I then spend on average 2+ weeks without it, and it seems fine. There's not a period where I'm not high.

But yeah, dynavap + dynacoil. I can't recommend it enough.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

el B posted:

I got a black Friday deal on a dynavap and induction heater. I love it. I was skeptical on the dynacoil though. Cleaning my dab equipment suuucks, and I worry the coil would be too messy. Am I a dumb baby?

I bought a cheap sonic jewelry cleaner, and put hot water in it, and the coil + dynavap bits (minus the cap) in a mini mason jar containing ISO. It takes a few mins, and it comes out glistening.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 16, 2021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've been using this ISO alcohol* to clean my vape glassware for 6 about months.

I think it's time for the purge. Look at that beautiful colour.

[* in the UK, we get 99.9x% pure ISO alcohol. It's not denatured like it is in the US. We also can't get affordable pure grain alcohol]

e: vvvv I stand corrected vvvvv

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 24, 2021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Thanks for the corrections re: ISO in the US. I was only going by someone on a forum I used to frequent who always used to go on about the 'dangers' of ISO.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I tried Gorilla Grips for the first time last night. It's an indica dominant, and very very very nice. I don't often fall asleep in my chair, but it was very hard not to with this strain. lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm currently on day 293 of an unbroken chain of waking and vaping til bedtime.

I can't see any obstacles to me reaching 300 :)

e: one of the things stopping me from going for a legal prescription is that I'd be paying more for lower quality meds.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 29, 2021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Two different strains of live resin diamonds and sauce? I don't mind if I do.... This is going to be a fun week or so.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I don't think I've ever had such tasty or potent extracts.

Disco Biscuit and Cherry Gorilla live resin diamonds and sauce (the 'diamonds' being pure THCa crystals)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I gave up combusting just over a year ago due to covid lungs and switched to the dynavap. When I was combusting, I only ever had one strain in at a time, and it always ran out before I was able to restock. This isn't the case anymore. This was my spread for the 1 year anniversary - 9 strains of flower and three of extract. I'm probably using about 1/6th or less of what I used to use.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

thathonkey posted:

id like to try a dynavap but i would want to use it with one of my glass on glass stem water pipes... the thing i dont get is they all say theyre designed to fit a waterpipe but also that the fitting is 10mm when most common glass on glass are 14mm or greater ???

You can buy glass adaptors that can get them to fit to 18mm or 14mm glassware. I use my dynavap primarily using glassware.

e2a: This is mine. I use a bit of silicone whip to make it airtight

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 15, 2021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

bagmonkey posted:

I've heard good things about Arizer Extreme Q, it's like a budget Volcano from everything I see. The V Tower was the one I had, I liked it but I didn't have a good place to use it and store it, since I'm an outdoor smoker

I gave away my old Volcano to a friend and replaced it with an Extreme Q, as I wanted to use a whip system connected to glassware. I can't fault it at all. It even comes with a remote control, so you don't have to lean forward to use it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've just come across an interesting glassware adaptor for the dynavap

It's the ' Joe King Barrel Stem For DynaVap', and is certainly less breakable than the BB3, BB9 or other glass stem adaptors. It allows you to use it at an angle too, which is handy for collecting extract goop. £28 on Vapefiend.... I'm seriously tempted.

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euI0B--Bs24

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I managed to to get some 70% grain alcohol today and made some AVB tincture instead of the usual cannabutter.

It's helluva strong...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've lost count how many drops I've squirted under my tongue.

I've also lost the ability to move.

The two things may or may not be related.