Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

gently caress yeah MLG gonna sign the bill today and weed gonna be legal in NM

Texas may have our water rights but I hope they enjoy subsidizing the rest of our state in perpetuity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

my inlaws got me a vape pen for xmas and I've always liked vape pens, but now I'm almost out of my cart, I don't personally know anyone that black markets those right now, and we're still 4 months out from when I can go walk to the gas station and get a new cart.

Oh well I still have 2 ounces of weed lol weed being legal is awesome

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Rec weed sales started in New Mexico today.

A good weed day, indeed.

I had to pay my storage unit and went to a weed store on the way home on the 1st.
Long line, obviously, long wait, obviously, expensive and taxed to poo poo, obviously; got really good poo poo for my vape pen and some marginally rolled joints that love to canoe.

10/10 would go buy vape carts and edibles in an easy and time-efficient manner once it dies down.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

My girlfriend and I took a vacation in Pagosa Springs over the weekend and went kinda wild on weed since it's cheaper and better than the stuff in NM right now.

I got a vape cart from Batch called Dazzleberry that is absolutely delicious, bought some live resin, diamonds n sauce and budder and a airis dab pen with a bong adapter, just tons of poo poo.

I also went to the hot springs on Friday for her friends' birthday, and as soon as I saw said friend was doing a drunken Dirty 30 but Super Sweet 16 thing, I just ate one of her friends' mom's 50mg fast acting edibles and wandered around hot springs that smell like an egg fart completely out of it for an hour and a half. It was great.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

My girlfriend and I are about to jump in her car and go see Erykah Badu at Red Rocks for her birthday tonight, tomorrow is gonna be Elitch Gardens and a "hey it's cheaper than New Mexico still lol!" weed safari.

We ran out of Wana gummies anyway, we needed to make a CO trip soon.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

my girlfriend bought some ghost wax (idk what that is) that looks like crack rocks and I really like it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's white crumble. It doesn't have much in terms of terpenes, which is why it's white and doesn't taste like much of anything. It was a "thing" briefly in Colorado a few years ago, now the only time I see it is on the cheap shelf.

It'll get you high just fine, and I tend to find it around 20% cheaper than regular wax/shatter.

makes sense, she bought it in Pueblo and it was pretty cheap. I like it just fine, we're not really weed connoisseurs or anything.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Pueblo must be the cheapest goddamn place in the state for weed, I've seen 8g/$48 wax deals there on weedmaps recently. That's pretty goddamn nuts and is slightly cheaper than deals I saw last december when shops were rushing to sell everything they could before the medical concentrates law changed.

Don't buy Green Source weed though. It's poo poo. There's a reason Green Source doesn't advertise on weedmaps or leafly, it's because it's lovely weed.

I ended up finding that place on Weedmaps because we wanted to buy a bunch of flavored Batch carts, it was worth the detour (we ended up getting home at 7PM and I had to clock into work by 10 lol!)

Thanks for the warning. For anyone who might visit NM and partake in rec, DO NOT PURCHASED WEED FROM PURLIFE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER PURCHASE WEED FROM PURLIFE.
PurLife is part-owned and operated by former Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White, a man who used to be my mom's next-door neighbor when she moved into the condo she purchased after she divorced my dad 18 years ago.
Darren White loved talking about busting potheads and putting them in jail, and got in a lot of trouble when his wife caused a major car accident in the middle of the day and he showed up, while sheriff, to pick her up and whisk her away from any consequences for plowing through an intersection drunk. Like, forced out of his condo by the HOA trouble.
Now he is, and always has been, a huge advocate of weed :rolleyes:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

poverty goat posted:

you'll never understand how badly you're getting ripped off every time you buy weed until you grow some weed and dry/cure it yourself and keep all the kief that falls off of it and make the trim into edibles and smoke the best buds yourself

I wanna grow a couple of plants but my living situation is... extremely not conducive to taking up the rest of the usable space in my shitbox apartment with two motherfucking weed plants that every crackhead for 3 blocks can smell.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

What are the rules on growing in an RV while I travel the southwest?

New Mexico will absolutely go out of its way to give you a DWI if you get caught

Edit: Pretty sure they'd be really loving pissed it's not contained in the confines of a house or yard, too.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 12, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Part of what sold Republicans on finally allowing rec weed after a solid 8 years of pushing in NM was that it opened up a whole new, lucrative avenue of DWI revenue. Rec may be legal here, but the legal environment will permanently be hostile to normalized public use.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Eight (8) One (1) Gram Cartridges, for only One Hundred and Six American Dollars ($106), out the door.

Is that a good deal or WHAT (its a good deal)

lmao they don't even let you buy 1g carts in NM, I gotta go to Colorado to load up on 1gs (Batch makes Dazzleberry and poo poo tho so that's worth it when we do it).

$45 for a half g, I can't wait for prices to start normalizing but April 1 for rec sales was very recent.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

oooof. $40 is what I pay for good carts / single use vape pens, 1g. still too drat much

Speaking of cheap, the kick rear end store by my sister's place keeps texting me, $50 ounces. My home land calls to me

yeah it's pricey here but part of the way they did rec was that they made the bars in NM give up their platinum-level printing money liquor licenses, and choose between $12k/year liquor licenses or the closed group of people with commercial grow licenses, coincidentally all the same drug dealers.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Where are you at if you don't mind me asking? You would be surprised to know I still run into brick weed in MI from time to time!

my last brick weed connects dried up when I manufactured pharma at a plant that did controlled substances for 5 years and I had to quit doing anything, there's some times where I wish I could buy like 1/4oz of decent mid-grade brick and roll joints all day for old time's sake.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Lol at crime job lady wanting to make more things crimes to justify her cushy do-nothing job.

I mean, the head of the DEA regularly gives the exact same speech pretty much any time fed legalization looks like it could get more than a feckless push

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Laserface posted:

no idea on strength cos my friend made the oil in his magic budder machine that has a broken motor. he thought he burnt the oil because it wasnt stirring constantly but this is absolutely the strongest batch of edibles I've ever had.

I have another 50 brownies. life is gooooood.

now you find a way to recreate the industrial accident that created such a strong batch of butter through a failing motor

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

last night someone gave my girlfriend that in addition to a tip, and I did a little digging (the NFT monkey was a red flag) and found out that my household has gone from having zero NFT-related Delta-8 cartridges in it, to 1.

Probably gonna keep that around as a novelty but, like, I have real weed to smoke.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

congrats weed goons in Minnesota, you can buy miniscule dosages of edibles at an uncapped rate because Republicans are too loving stupid to read legislation

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hey thanks for reminding me I need to get a medical card while I still have a job so I can just seamlessly transition to the one I've got lined up in April

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

it took a solid 4 gubernatorial terms to pass rec in NM, rumblings started under Richardson, then he hosed everything up and got Martinez elected to two terms in which she did everything in her power to successfully stifle rec (because her Republican DA rear end and her husband own a huge stake in a medical op while shittalking weed constantly in public), and then it finally passed at the end of Grisham's term once everyone in the legislature felt that they got a sufficient piece of the pie. This is in a very blue state.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

there always a fire ban when yall around, cuz u smokin mids!!!!!!

actually it's because everything is 110 degrees F right now :lol:

but yeah don't gently caress around with US federal laws and weed, I had to quit for years when I worked at the drug plant because I was the responsible person and took a lot of people's "randoms" for them (just became a known quantity) so they could keep their health insurance and continue being an integral part of my team despite their very known "drug abuse." Those were randoms for the FDA and DEA.

edit: one time, someone did "something" in a storage room that required badge access and I got pulled because of it, and it was about 48 hours after I took a couple hits off the first joint I smoked in almost 3 years. I passed, but man I was sweating it even though I knew I was totally good.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 24, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Earwicker posted:

unless you really, really, really know what you are doing, like studied mycology for years, this is an extremely bad idea that can literally kill you

at least take spore prints and bruise them and try to see what you've got but really you don't fuckin know

don't eat wild fungi

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

yeah thats a good way to light up a bong

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah if there's mold in your bong you might want to go get that persistent cough checked out, eugh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I enjoy stoner poo poo like that from time to time, I'll probably check it out if I ever see it or get a wild hare up my rear end

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

The place I went to is definitely a med card factory. Like the person who gave me my med card was a doctor, but I wouldn't want them to practice actual healthcare on me, you know what I mean?

everywhere that prescribes weed cards is a weed card factory outside a couple states at this point. Last time I was on probation, my PO tried to force me to get one until she found out I worked in a FDA-regulated parenteral drug factory and that would never fly, possibly cost me my job; and I hadn't smoked weed in years at that point anyway, since it was just easier to be the known quantity than freak out about heating fake piss randomly at 5AM while standing with your arms at 90 degrees, fully bunnysuited in a class-100/grade-A cleanroom. Literally everyone else she saw had a (basically mandatory) med card and pissed hot for THC every time.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 29, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've had it and it's very mild fruity aftertaste. my white whale is the Blueberry I had in the 00's that was like fruit stripe gum flavor, so good.

my white whale is some OG Great White Shark from 2004, it was completely white and dropped trichomes everywhere and got you so loving high and tasted really good. If there's a dragon to chase with weed, that's mine.

sometimes I miss the days of sketchy weed deals in high school/immediately post, but not a whole lot!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I haven't read the MO rec bill, but it will probably take a little bit for it to go into effect. Probably at least the first of the year. I wouldn't expect to be able to walk into a MO dispensary until they plaster "recreational" on the outside somewhere, not the day after the vote.

Arkansas weed bill has been hitting speed bumps. I'm still surprised they even have medical dispensaries, and those took years to get. Iirc they had a medical law for 3+ years with no dispensaries at all.

New Mexico was legal on June 29, 2021 and dispensaries that opted in became rec on April 1, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao

imma go see Om in 11 days, first time since like a year before the pandemic started

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Turpitude II posted:

you betcha. lol

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that people think drug users would waste their expensive, good drugs like weed edibles and, in this picture, pressed pill dosed drugs, on giving them to children for free.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

it's been a huge economic boon to every state that's opened up to recreational sales here in the states. For Michigan, 2021 saw over $40 MILLION in tax revenue shared among the cities that have dispensaries, processing centers, etc. Places that choose to not have them don't get a cut. It's been an insanely huge help for my city, to the point that they are considering letting one of the tax millages expire because they have more funds now. Legal weed fuckin owns!!

lol the guy that's running republican for governor here won't even touch it and his platform is DRILL OIL BAN ABORTION MILITARIZE THE BORDER, because he knows going after weed after a 10 year protracted battle for legal rec would be a losing fight on both sides of the aisle.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmnLD_wpprE

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

my girlfriend bought a sweet dab rig a couple weeks ago and last week we smoked 2 grams of dabs in a 7 days like crackheads :ohdear:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

I think I'm gonna go place a big ol' edibles order at the Medical Weed Clearance Hut I went to a few weeks back for cheap carts. 50% off everything in the store, good chance stuff will be 1+ year old but its cheap and nice for home use

They opened this dispensary down the street from me recently. It had been sitting around ready to pull the trigger since April, but they had to have a loving city council meeting over whether it should be allowed to open because, "is it truly a good idea to open a dispensary in such a high-crime area as The WarzoneThe International District!?!??!?!?!" and the public who lives here's response was, "I'd rather have plainclothes armed guards wandering around the entrance to the neighborhood/junkie tent city than rely on police who absolutely refuse to respond to anything unless it's SWAT because they're a bunch of loving pussies," so it opened up. They buy stuff from all the distributors and have really good prices, plus it's walking distance. Legal weed 0wns.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

I am very luckily in a community that's embraced legal weed quite a bit and am surrounded by other communities doing the same. I really wish Detroit would get their recreational program going already, it's a big part of the reason why I still have my medical card!

Oh, we embraced legal weed immediately as a state. It's been real important to our finances and stifled for a long time, and living with CO to the direct north just means a decade of lost revenue.
The city council meeting was called by the Republican areas of town to address crime in my neighborhood, a neighborhood they bus homeless people to, and it's very transparent that they didn't want something positive for the neighborhood to happen.
That's all that was, and it got shouted down and now I have a cheap weed store down the block.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Droogie posted:

Was this "oui'd?"

I saw that building had been like ready to go since March and several months later it was still empty. Saw yesterday it was actually open.

nah its the place on Wyoming and Copper, I believe Oui'd was part of the same council meeting because it's in my neighborhood too.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Droogie posted:

Ah. Also edited the last after thinking about it, feel free to do the same. I know it had to be one or the other. That place was also seemingly in the process of opening forever

it smells like piss because homeless people and cats were squatting in it for years prior to them getting ready, then they had to delay the opening and it happened again.
It'll dissipate, but they have good prices and you know exactly who you're purchasing from so you don't have to buy Darren "PurLife" White poo poo if you don't want to, but they do buy from him.
You do have to drive into the hood, and that's on you.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Droogie posted:

I'm for anything that doesn't support Darren. I went once after getting medical before legalization, but that was more of a free stuff grand tour. Didn't he sell pur life or did I imagine that? Possibly while high. Either way, gently caress that guy.

Context for others, a former sheriff and wife that made their money off medical marijuana while fighting every initiative for legalization or permitting others to grow or sell in any context.

He used to be my mom's neighbor in her condo and bragged constantly to me in my late teens about bagging people for weed, then got kicked out by the HOA after he picked up his wife and shielded her from consequences for causing a DWI crash while sheriff. They used other stuff but everyone knew what it was.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I eat like 40mg of edibles every friday night it's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

no lie, I just coughed from smoking weed and threw my back out. loving sucks.

lol I did that the other day, don't get old and have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome folks