Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

so... you had never heard of nightmares then? or u thought ppl having them dreams were just fans of scary movies?

i think? like one common theme is that im being pursued by an evil force usually numerous and when that happens i either give myself weapons to fight back or an impenetrable place to hide or some allies to oppose them whatever fits in the context of the story

they arent really terrifying theyre just obstacles i can overcome at will

does that make sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

last q: whats it like to have a lucid wet dream?

ive never had a wet dream ever

ive had sex dreams but i never create those. its hard to describe but when im dreaming im always aware its a dream even if i dont change whats happening so dreams already seem fake like watching a movie only (usually) from a first person perspective

i usually just let the story go on if its interesting enough. sometimes if its boring ill add elements to the story or just stop it and have a new one begin like changing channels on a tv

my point is that theres already a problem of suspension of disbelief and doing something like inserting someone to have sex with isnt very satisfying because its so fake so i dont do it unless it comes naturally in the story. sometimes if someone shows up in the dream that id like to have sex with i make that happen but otherwise i just let things play out without interfering

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

spankmeister posted:

American exceptionalism is actively holding back America from progressing.

if being immune to the passage of time isnt exceptional id like to know what is

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

the lesson my dad taught me about riding a bike, and that i follow when driving as well, is that "anything bigger than you has the right of way"

this reminds me of a very old mad magazine article talking about the rules of the sea in the first panel you see a raft with a man on it on course to cross the path of the queen elizabeth ii ocean liner with the caption "a smaller vessel always has right of way over that of a larger vessel"

the next panel shows the qeii stopped with the caption "here we see the queen elizabeth ii observing two rules of the ocean: 1) a smaller vessel always has right of way over a larger vessel and 2) it is very difficult to move a large vessel with bits of a smaller one entangled in its propeller"

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

pram posted:

you can either be the station wagon, the lamborghini, the poles, or the trees in the back

but i wanted to be the red fox body mustang

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

the gif stops right before the tiger killed the guy and the dustbuster because guess what you shouldnt scare tigers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

does anyone have that old gif where the android logo eats the apple logo and shoots turds at the screen

ive been looking for that for a while too

• Locked thread