Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I added myself to the bone krew. I have mostly been playing scout but I don't stand on the edge of the map like a dipshit.

Everyone seems to recommend the Mars pistol for scout but honestly the frommer stop owns so hard. It's about 6 kills shy of my most used weapon

Gamer tag is Baconfeet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I finally unlocked the martini henry and it almost feels like cheating. If you're accurate enough on the first shot it's either a one hit kill or you only need to land one pistol shot which is perfect for the frommer stop due to the RoF. Only took 3 conquest rounds to get a service star for the martini

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Popeadactyl posted:

The martini henry is incredible. I have almost 700 kills with it. I feel like if you're using a scope and staying prone on this game with the Scout class then you are doing it wrong.

Absolutely agree. Popping flares and staying relatively close quarters is so much more satisfying than camping a ridge and hoping to land a long shot. I don't even worry if I see scope glare from some wookie camping because there's no way they'll land a shot.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
My new favorite activity is rocket gun sniping. It's really not hard at all

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/23921692

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Uhhh Amiens is not like operation locker at all. Amiens has so many different ways around choke points that you never need to go near them. Argonne is much closer to what you're talking about. Amiens is for sure the best map

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The horrors of war

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/24000270

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I initially didn't like the hellreigel but I just had an op on St Quentin scar and went 88 and 28 before we finally lost. Got them down to their last battalion but they pushed through to amiens and rolled us there. It's almost unfair how well the hellreigel does in mid range engagements

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've decided to play support recently to get to rank 10 and it's probably my best class. Only gun I've clicked with is the benet mercie storm which is have 600+ kills with. My SPM is by far the highest with support. 650 vs my next highest which is assault at 560. For a class everyone seems to poo poo on I'm doing quite well with it.

I also recently have found the joy of artillery trucks. A dumb person on the other team left a full health arty truck sitting there so I took it and kept it the rest of the game. It's hilariously fun to poo poo on people with. This is coming from someone who never fucks with vehicles

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I know people didn't seem to like the Huot but after the patch it seems like a good mid to short range LMG. The magazine is only 26 rounds which is fairly low but it's easier to get 2 kills before having to reload compared to the BAR. It feels like a laser gun with how accurate it is with almost no recoil. Ended up going 30-11 on empires edge with it

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm rank 66 and rank 10 on all but medic. Medic is just awful and slow. I think I'm rank 7 and just don't want to play it anymore. I hate all the guns and pubbies mash A so I can't revive them. I'd rather play support

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Lawnie posted:

Keep them alive so they don't die and respawn, then. If you're playing a medic and not almost constantly throwing out med packs, you're doing it wrong.

Oh I absolutely do. When I play medic or support I'm throwing med packs and ammo packs like I'm santa. But asking one person to keep a team of pubbies alive is an impossible task.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Play Argonne Forest and camp out in the bunker at B. It is a meatgrinder and you can get a shitload of medic points every match just from having a crate out and reviving everyone who dies.

I actually got from rank 7 to 10 in about 4 games tonight. It's easy when you're averaging 25k points per game.

I don't like camping anywhere though. I run objective to objective capping stuff over and over.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The BAR storm is stupid good right now. Just cleaned up on suez by going 48-13 with the bar. Reloading every kill isn't even that big a deal if you keep moving

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Anyone up for some late night battlefielding? GT: Baconfeet

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've now played enough to know my exact route to and from each objective in conquest, always away from the flow of battle so I can cap uncontested flags. Recently played a Ballroom blitz where I got 25k points and 20 flag caps. We lost of course but one person can only do so much. Doing this has increased my SPM with support from about 650 to 850 or so.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I feel kinda bad dunking on all the people who got the game for Christmas but drat it feels good to go 53 and 13 on a lovely map like Fao

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
You can always sign up for a month of EA access for 5 bucks and try it out for free. No DLC but you can test it before deciding if you want it

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Laminator posted:

these matches are crazy, there's no order or flow to anything and there's just dudes walking around, grouping together in random spots, getting bayonet charged out of no where multiple times... good times

Were you playing ops? Because yeah it's total chaos and terrible. Conquest has a definite flow and much easier to digest than the madness of 64p ops. Ops is great for impressing people with how crazy the game can be but once you actually want to play conquest is the way to go

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I no longer get war bucks for ranking up anymore. Feels weird not to get that pop up but to be fair I own every gun for each class except pilot or tanker because I'm not scum

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I actually like the arty truck but I'd rather someone who actually likes using vehicles take them. I will grab any vehicle that someone abandons because that person is stupid and deserves to have their poo poo stolen. Planes can get hosed though

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Frag crossbow is probably the most enjoyable weapon in the game and once you figure out the trajectory you can do some dumb poo poo like this http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/25009707

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Finger Prince posted:

At first I didn't like it, but I've been playing a lot of support lately chasing a medal and leveling up, and it's grown on me. You're right, once you get a feel for the trajectory, it's really intuitive (and I think a bit forgiving if you have an actual target). It's very useful for when you're suppressing the gently caress out of some fool and he ducks behind cover. Lob a crossbow his way and he's done. It would be sweet if you could equip both HE and frag on the same build, because HE is useful for bringing down sniper nests.

I haven't really used the HE xbow but if taking down buildings is your game limpets are the way to go. Just wish you could toss them more than 3 feet. Honestly I would like an impact grenade xbow just to be able to use it more aggressively.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Played for about 4 hours yesterday after getting this for xmas. Played around with Scout a whole bunch.

Love the smle but still working out the sweet spot. Managed to get a few good flanks in and pick up four kills in quick succession. Whats the consensus best set up for mid-ish range sniping?

I pushed hard and capped objectives and used flares as much as possible. Heaps of fun. Racked up a lot of points loving around with medic throwing boxes down in chole point and rezing dead dudes.

Support seems a bit poo poo with nothing unlocked.

The SMLE is decent but has always felt kinda inconsistent to me. My favorite short to mid range rifle is the m95. It doesn't have a sweet spot but it has a straight bolt so it can fire relatively quickly for a bolt action. The m95 carbine is the rifle that got me to scout rank 10.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

BlindSite posted:

I'll check it out tonight, thanks.

What zeroing distance do you run around with? I was playing with 75 a lot unless i had a flag to gauge the distance and id change from there. 75 felt ok but it was a little tough at times to change on the fly based on what i thought they were at. I guess that's the point.

I don't mess with zeroing distance at all. If you're shooting at people that far away you're not going to do anything and wasting your time. Use the infantry or optical/carbine version of rifles and play short range scout

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Why bother? Is it a medal or something? Honestly you could have gotten way more xp than the medal gives if you just play normally. I've done one medal and it was because the game just bugged out and chose it for me. Medals suck and aren't worth the tiny amount of xp they give

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Your list is wrong because support is actually the best class. Never stop throwing grenades and ammo

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I used to think the same thing until the benet mercie storm clicked with me, now I have 1300+ kills with it. The BAR and huot are also really good

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Finally made it to rank 80. I've never made it to such a high rank in a battlefield game. The amount of score needed to rank up now is absurd, which is the whole point I guess.

I am growing somewhat tired of some of the maps at this point. If I ever see Sinai desert again I might puke. Amiens and ballroom blitz are still fantastic though. The wait for new dlc in March is going to be intolerable

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
This is why I love the grenade crossbow. Also it's super fun to parachute in and murder a bunch of dudes

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/25154939

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

I finally unlocked the Kolibri, and that gun is so loving ridiculous. I love it.

Bought the Gewehr 95 carbine, hoping it was a straight upgrade to my beloved Gewehr 95 infantry and ugh it has those garbage obtrusive sights which are a low power scope(?). Instant regret. I have unlocked the Martini Henry, and it's fun (and what a noise), but no other scout gun fits my tastes and playstyle like the G95 infantry so I'm not going to fight it. That's my weapon and here's to the next dozen service stars.

Also had a ridiculous close call with a tank while teaching a buddy how to play.

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/815560184588161024

Huh I had the exact opposite situation as you. I love the m95 carbine and I can't really use the infantry version. Something about the iron sights fucks up my shots. It probably just comes down to which one you use first

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Welp just had the most one-sided game I've ever seen. Conquest on Ballroom blitz and we won 1000-237. Game ended in 13 minutes and we were basically spawn killing them the entire time. I ended up going 17-3 so I can't complain but I almost feel bad for the other team

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Snak posted:

How the gently caress do you guys cope with constantly being spawnkilled?! It's so loving frustrating. "Oh I spawned on top of an anti-tank grenade" "oh i spawned in front of a window and got immediately headshotted by a sniper" "oh, I spawned prone, but an enemy is standing over me with an smg"

Which game mode? Are you spawning on squad mates? I almost never get spawn killed. Maybe don't spawn on your squad because they're probably doing something stupid.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've ditched limpets completely for the frag crossbow. Sometimes I do miss being able to damage vehicles or blow up buildings, but you can only toss limpets like 3 feet. If there was a limpet launcher I'd change back

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The first time I played hardcore a scout team killed me and then t-bagged me. Knowing that I was on his team.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Barometer posted:

I don't really pay attention to the skins, I save legendaries if they appear and I don't already have them and the rest gets scrapped for the 900 ones. Then, usually, that gets scrapped. I was waiting for the giant knife puzzle pieces but I got the club a few days back and I like it so now I don't really care about the packs.

I guess the medals come back around because I haven't chosen one in a very long time but then, suddenly, I'm "trying" for the horse one which I'm pretty sure I had chosen a long time ago. Still not worried about it, though, I just can't be bothered.

The warbonds thing is so dumb, having bought everything by level 70/71 what is the point of even having that poo poo? It's maxxed at 1800 and it just annoys me every time I see it, why aren't the (almost equally useless) battlepacks available to be bought for them? WHY :dice: WHY??

Hell, let us poor plebs buy the cool kids' stuff like Lawrence's SMLE or something for 33,000 daddy warbux.

I'm fairly certain they give you just enough warbonds to buy everything. I'm not pilot/tanker rank 10 and I don't have all the vehicle combos but if you unlock all of that you should have no warbonds left

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm not sure on that but it makes most sense. But of course it could be totally random because DICE

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
SMLE infantry and m95 infantry and my go tos. Smle because you can shoot 10 times before reloading and it's good mid range and the m95 because you don't have to stop adsing to rechamber a round so you can shoot a follow up shot incredibly quickly

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

sunday at work posted:

None of the infantry or carbine scout rifles make you come out of ADS to work the bolt. The 95 marksman is the only scoped rifle that lets you stay ADS while working the bolt, but the 95 doesn't have a sweet spot.

Oh duh I'm dumb. Either way I generally don't stay ADSed between shots. Gotta take advantage of that sweet aim assist

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The bodeo takes far too long to reload. I'd rather use a revolver with a top break or the mars automatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I recall it being sometime in February with the French dlc following up in March.

I'm looking forward to some weapon balancing in the next patch. Mostly because I read an AMA on reddit from a DICE weapon balance guy who said they're buffing the Martini Henry. Not to launch madness but somewhere in between. It's my favorite weapon and it needs to pack more of a punch to make up for its numerous downsides.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 19, 2017