Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I think they're good enough to play through all of them at least once. I can't say the same for BF3 & 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

winter.mute posted:

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for some winter maps, I really liked that last round of DLC for BF4 with the snow maps.

of course, the best part of winter maps for BF1 would be new soldier skins
who wouldn't want to be an abominable snowman / arctic pimp

Hello, new facebook cover photo

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I played Giant's Shadow three times in a row last night and won all three times, so I like it :v:

there was fog the majority of the time all three times as well which probably helped

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Live At Five! posted:

I know people didn't seem to like the Huot but after the patch it seems like a good mid to short range LMG. The magazine is only 26 rounds which is fairly low but it's easier to get 2 kills before having to reload compared to the BAR. It feels like a laser gun with how accurate it is with almost no recoil. Ended up going 30-11 on empires edge with it

Huot is very good now, yes. Wasn't that bad pre-patch either IMO

mellowjournalism posted:

goty on ragdolls alone

:yeah:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Outside of the air combat my favorite part of this game is locking doors.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

My favorite bug introduced in the new patch, is then one where you'll just hear a random explosion sound at ear-piercing volume during the loading screen.

Maybe they did it for immersion.

Honestly kinda disappointed there isn't more proper artillery in this game a la Verdun.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

Side note when another airgoon straight up socks an enemy fighter in the temple and you clean up the blubbering remains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlIpLEm2uVE

Yeeaaaaa boiiiiii :haw::respek::hehe:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If I could use the frommer stop auto on every class I would

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If anyone would like to get owned over and over again by a Fokker Dr. I triplane just let me know. That goes for roadkills as well.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

pictured: mellowjournalism last night piloting a super-secret British faction triplane

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Snak posted:

I don't know if you're joking, but Sopwith built triplanes before they built the famous camel.

I'm not joking; he found an abandoned Fokker and hopped in, and the roundels changed to British automatically. Someone on the German side must have landed it and subsequently abandoned it for some reason.

We need a custom Charlie Chaplain mode:
http://i.imgur.com/lbSCfX2.gif

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Snak posted:

That's awesome. I just couldn't tell if you were implying that the British didn't historically have triplanes. Obviously they didnt fly fokkers.

Yeah I definitely knew about Sopwith triplanes and in fact that's what I google searched to find that image. I've been a huge WWI aviatian fan since I was a little kid. In fact my senior "thesis" (english major at a private liberal arts school lol) was writing a script for a theoretical Band of Brothers-esque mini-series based off Jagdgeschwader 1.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

rush needs more players

operations needs hardcore

Yes and yes

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Sammus posted:

Especially when you're in the back seat going "poo poo I hope this pilot knows where he's going.." then you die 5 seconds later in an accident. Historical accuracy yal!

Well this is also any bomber pilot (who isn't me) even when it's a blue-sky day.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Yeah I feel liked they nerfed them in hardcore recently too.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

winter.mute posted:

adding to the SSD chatlog

just put one in my ps4 pro this afternoon and spent hours redownloading and reinstalling from the cloud, discs, usb, etc...
during that whole time I was wondering if it was really worth the minor bump in speed.

yes. absolutely.

after a few hours of BF1 I haven't seen a black loading screen once and I've always been the first to load into a map and have to wait for the other players to load in.

video of load time between matches:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizd0MBHWSA

watch the "Waiting For Players To Join" dialog at the top to see how much of a lead I get to choose a vehicle

Got a recommendation? I am interested in this.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If anyone wants to see how to kick rear end in the bomber take a look

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Custom Games under Multiplayer.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

I know right? Wish it were on all the bomber loadouts. But it's only on Barrage.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Your personal performance will improve.

I don't seem to be affected by processing performance and mine is set to like 20 or whatever. You can set a separate FOV for vehicles too.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
https://youtu.be/BOFeyDF3X7M

8-part compilation of various adventures I've had over the past month or so. TRT less than 3 minutes

Part 1: Plane debris can also stall out
Part 2: Mid-air recovery attempt (verdict: failure)
Part 3: It's Miller Time
Part 4: bog-standard squad wipe
Part 5: I violently stab an enemy mechanic.
Part 6: Germany takes the gold for gymnastics
Part 7: Celebratory tea-bag for K bullet codex entry unlock
Finale: "Sounds like someone just had a Battlefield Moment"

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
How do you make gifs? The Share Factory output isn't really a gif as far as I've seen, more like a HTML video

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
PS4 people I have a party up. "Battlegoons" community

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I wish I could trade my Spanish inter-war light tank skin for the orange bomber skin. So much minmaxing the other night to buy snacks.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

Hate to be that guy but this is just one page ago

Before people started waving around their airdicks I was actually trying to give new fliers some serious advice. There are times to fly high, times to fly low, times to aim/scan with the bombsight and times to poo poo out some no-look darts. If you want to compete with the best pilots you have to use all your tools. I honestly spend 90% of my time in freelook just scanning for threats. In hardcore you use all 3 views and in normal you use all 4 views. If you aren't constantly switching between all of them, you're missing out. Audio is good to locate/track a tail and of course you need to be able to shoot/bomb without looking but nothing beats eyes on. The lack of constant freelook sets the meta so hard that sometimes you can straight up pause in the middle of a turnfight for a quick freelook to see where he's going and get the flip on him. It's that bad, and vaguely makes me want to try war thunder, but eh, it's just not the same when you can bail out to knife a cowardly pilot :3:

I just can't wait for the day we get to the point where we can use headtracking/VR in battlefield :swoon:

You're still the only one I've roadkilled in a triplane :bigtran:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

That was pretty great. I feel like that gun's damage output is barely one step above the Kolibri though.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

Uhhh I'd love to see footage of this, I guess I'll log on and check? Pretty sure the other planes do the same thing as the trench fighter in the clip: by holding the fire button down after making GBS threads out bombs, the camera tracks the point of impact no matter where your plane is going. You can see my tail clip through as I complete the loop.

pssssh your only roadkill? I don't think there's enough space on mine for the killmarks :grin: (are you seriously telling me you've played this long and haven't rammed a pilot in the nuts as he pulls his chute cause you shot his plane to pieces? for shame)

Maybe it's time for me to take a cue from you and just sit on the pubbie side for a game sniping at goons :wink:

Dude check out my compilation video, I totally roadkilled some pilot while flying the bomber at Ballroom Blitz! You're just the only victim I've hit with the fighter. Which reminds me, sometime we gotta try a mid-air rescue with either an attack plane or bomber.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

That billow of smoke it runs through... very nice [/borat]

e; vvvvv it's square, you square

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 28, 2017

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

RCarr posted:

I want to play this game again but Zelda is just too good. Maybe one day.

Hell, same

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Orchestrated Mess posted:

Liking everything, but it's going to be a while before I try Frontlines again. Played a game from start to finish and it lasted 65 minutes, and for about 45 of those it was one team pinning the other down on the last objective (before the Rush-type portion, which only took two attempts). Camping tanks galore, and we all know that in a server of pubbies it ends up being you and two other dudes actual trying to take the thing out. And the middle portion of the map is an absolutely infuriating snipe-fest.

It's a bit of a slog. I played Fort Vaux frontlines last night as the Germans and the French were kicking our poo poo in within the first 15 minutes and in fact if it weren't for me disabling the second bomb at the last second we would've lost. But over the next literal half hour we pushed them back past point B and basically had a really long and drawn out tug of war over C. And then eventually we took out their telegrams as well. Textbook comeback.

Compared to Operations, I like the former more, but it could be fun every once in a while.

E:

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is it me or do I only have one grenade and one fire trap or other attachment now?

Pretty sure it's a feature now.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

Are the new timers as stupid as as the old ones for the mortar where respawning doesn't reset them?

Yes it's unchanged. I still love the mortar even when playing by myself. But it's so clutch when folks are spotting.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Pretend like it's your actual real life and you won't die.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
The only time I lower the throttle is if the guy in front of me is trying to juke me. On the poppy map I killed the same guy using the Red Baron skin like three times in a row by matching his speed at every turn.

Also PSA to bomber pilots: for the love of God please climb and get some altitude. I think the reason pubbie pilots like to fly low is that they're not confident in their abilities to aim, and this puts them right in the crosshairs of ground-based tanks another anti-aircraft measures

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

winter.mute posted:

they swarmed over me like rats in the trenches...

https://youtu.be/jKEtsebmwKY

Gotta love it when the medic revives the whole squad

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Gonna need a field test and a status report on the dart changes. mellowjournalism, get yr rear end in the air!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Ol Standard Retard posted:

had a real good time with three non-goons who are friends with Nobbin Hood tonight they are real rear end motherfuckers and in spite of basically being brand new to the game we spanked the poo poo out of some teams.

Sorry if we were yelling too much, Mustard, we were uh... intoxicated.

Oh no worries, it just suddenly became Hulu time with the wife.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Listen, I'm a liberal guy, Bernie Sanders for president or whatever...but literally every single German scout as an African-American? At least there were 6,000 women in the Tsar's army.

Though I do appreciate the troll effort against racists on Dice's part vis-a-vis the German scout. It's just a game after all.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I know but most of the people playing this game are gonna think "black guy" first, which is kind of an Americanism, and "indigenous West African" second or not at all.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the DLC ones are really fun

What time do you play? They haven't been populating at all for me lately. In fact even in vanilla I've only been able to join through quickmatch lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If you press start while in operations after switching sides, there's no way to unpause because the pause button makes you quit. I think the DICE smiley is way overused (conceptually I think it's amazing this game even exists) but this is a pretty silly mistake.