Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
well I don't know how I kept missing this thread but I'm tired of rolling by myself

signed up for the xbox form in the OP, GT is TheGohnComplex

I enjoy heals, resupplies, revives, and driving around mini tanks while singing the Thomas the Tank Engine theme in my head

Anyway, maybe I'm missing it but is there a way to filter for hardcore on the server browser? I'd like to do some hardcore domination, hardcore conquest was just painful for me

oh yeah, wanted to get some input on the 10-A Slug variant. I'm not quite sure what the hell the point of it is - the range is OK, but often even if you hit in the torso it's doing damage in the 80s and usually is a 2-hit kill even at close range. The range isn't much better then the regular shotgun or hunter variant. I feel like it should be similar to slugs in BC2 where if you're going to use the drat thing it should have a lot better range and be stronger up close since it's harder to use than the regular shotgun

Laminator fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Yeah they were a bit broken in that regard and people use to abuse them in hardcore because it turned the SPAS or Remington into a one-shot death machine from across the map

I'm OK with drop and damage falloff, but I feel like if you blast a dude from 10 feet away with a slug it's probably going to do more damage than 80 or whatever

e: So playing with it currently. Near point-blank torso shots do consistently 92-93 damage. It doesn't one-hit kill unless you headshot. It has a narrow aiming range, so you have to be pretty precise, and the time between shots makes it so that you're basically hosed if you run into a player with 100 health. Probably gonna set it aside unless it gets adjusted because it's really frustrating to land shots and then die immediately afterwards.

Laminator fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 20, 2016

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

They keep showing the prematch text about bicycle battalions in WW1 and early await the armored pennyfarthing brigade in conquest.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Last night the sole microphone interaction I had was a guy burping loudly multiple times after the match ended. I quit after that.

War pigeons is really fun, btw. Super dynamic game mode and you get to explore some really unused parts of maps.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Snak posted:

Wait how do I use slugs?

Choose the 10A Slug variant, aim for the cranium

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Getting into the the flow of aggressive scout is pretty fun. Infantry SMLE and then pretty much everything else fire - shoot people with flares, incindenary grenades, and incendiary traps at choke points. Everything burns!!

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Did they change damage profiles for some weapons? I was getting one-shot 100 damage kills with 10A slugs, which was not happening a few weeks ago

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I'm gonna be on for a bit, gt TheGohnComex

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

TheGohnComplex **

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Snak posted:

Just got shitstomped 4-100. Jesus.

Fao Fortress? That map is incredibly unbalanced on domination

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

God drat a bad pubbie squad can really ruin your poo poo. I was going for the Assault medal dynamite kills on Empire's Edge and the enemy was piled behind one of the metal doors that leads to a bunker. I throw down my dynamite, press the plunger, and then my squad mate that has not done anything somehow decides to drop a mortar, detonating my dynamite and getting a 5-person multikill. Then I got shot in the head with an antitank launcher and decided to quit.

Ahhhhhhhh

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

The 1903 Experimental is such a fun humiliation weapon

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Xbone dudes better play today or I'm gonna be mad

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Thanks for not letting me in your squad, jerks :(

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Skater h8er posted:

Heres a clip of the hellriegel i was tellin ya about so you know what to look forward to when you finally unlock it http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/24447900 and did anyone in the squad happen to record a clip of the horse just slamming into the tank earlier?

lol

Should only take me about another 20 years to unlock all the class 10 weapons

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

That's why I play Domination and War Pigeons most of the time. Smaller maps, infantry based, a little more fast-paced than a Conquest/Operations/Rush slog.

I foolishly continue to refuse to use the 10-A except for Slug because I hate myself

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

expect a case report in the Journal of Bad Decisions in the near future

e: hahahahaha I'm in the top 2% in the world for 10-A Slug

Laminator fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 11, 2016

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Please tell me they didnt gently caress with the benet mercie storm

Looks like LMG got an accuracy buff overall

Still no love for the A10 Slug, but I'll keep using it. Kinda disappointed about them nerfing the Martini-Henry, I never will have gotten a chance to use it at full power ;_;

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Thankfully they didn't appear to fix the menus or quit glitch, so I'll still have an excuse to not stop playing!

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

red19fire posted:

So wait the martini is worse? It's great, but a 3 second reload on a one-round rifle is already a huge disadvantage.

They decreased the damage multiplier on most limbs.

E: looks like our will still be OHK to torso or upper body at 30-80 m or whatever it's sweet spot is.

Laminator fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 12, 2016

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

anyone else not having haptic feedback/vibration with the new crossbow?

TOTAL IMMERSION RUINED

Listening to shotgun lords complain about the A10 nerf over the mic is proving to be endlessly hilarious, as well

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

As an anti-personnel weapon it's OK. It's pretty poo poo against vehicles, does like 8 damage per shot against heavy vehicles.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

OK, I feel like my class rank ups are going excruciatingly slowly. I hit rank 10 medic pretty quickly, but have been struggling with the other classes. Even Support, which now has the most kills of any of classes and that I am resupplying constantly is going so slowly, I'm only at rank 6 and am level 52. I play the objective, consistently score decently... am I missing something?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Yeah, I get that, it just feels incredibly slow for the other classes. I think I got rank 10 medic at like the mid 20s, and then haven't hit rank 10 on anything else despite being > 50 now. Feels weird.

yeah looking at my score total per kit I just managed to get a ton more points with medic, makes sense. I just want the Hellriegel :(

Laminator fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 17, 2016

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I couldn't help but notice that some goons had carried on the tradition of forum smilie emblems..

:pwn:

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Have big game modes like Conquest and Operations become worse for anyone else since the patch? I feel like there's so much rubber banding with other players and instant deaths that all I do is spawn and die over and over again.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Captain Cancer posted:

Jesus Christ, thank you so much. This has made a huge difference

If you set it too sensitive, expect some crosshair drift.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

you're just mad that you got killed by a rifle firing pistol cartridges

they should make a super experimental weapon that fires Kolibiri cartridges and has a 1 billion round magazine

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Haha this new war pigeons game mode is outrageous

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

these matches are crazy, there's no order or flow to anything and there's just dudes walking around, grouping together in random spots, getting bayonet charged out of no where multiple times... good times

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

woo level 10 on all infantry classes, thanks Christmas slaughterhouse!

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I'll check it out tonight, thanks.

What zeroing distance do you run around with? I was playing with 75 a lot unless i had a flag to gauge the distance and id change from there. 75 felt ok but it was a little tough at times to change on the fly based on what i thought they were at. I guess that's the point.

If you're going to be useful just use an infantry class and run iron sights or the short-range scope. You don't need to mess with zeroing distance with that.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Parkingtigers posted:

I finally unlocked the Kolibri, and that gun is so loving ridiculous. I love it.

Bought the Gewehr 95 carbine, hoping it was a straight upgrade to my beloved Gewehr 95 infantry and ugh it has those garbage obtrusive sights which are a low power scope(?). Instant regret. I have unlocked the Martini Henry, and it's fun (and what a noise), but no other scout gun fits my tastes and playstyle like the G95 infantry so I'm not going to fight it. That's my weapon and here's to the next dozen service stars.

Give the SMLE Infantry a try. It's slower firing than the G95 but has good iron sights and a good sweet spot damage profile, so you can 1-shot dudes from moderate ranges.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Snak posted:

Are limpets on a cooldown like mortars and crossbows now? I'm just trying them again for the first time in weeks...

Nope, takes about 20 sec or so for a respawn in your inventory after a resupply.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Always Be Arty Truckin

If you can't arty truck it, gently caress it

Etc

Just be on the lookout for galloping horses...

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Anyone else kinda sick of DICE slobbering all over YouTube celebrities' opinions of the game? Like I don't give a poo poo about what JackFrags has to say about this game, or that LevelCap thinks that grenades explode too easily and the game is for "casuals." Why the hell should these people be given such a loud voice in how the game may be modified?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

So anybody ever experience the glitch of being trapped on a field gun and not being able to get off? This happened on the one overlooking C on the American side of Argonne.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I've never experienced it anywhere else, personally.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Just the default load out

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

FastestGunAlive posted:

Shout out sk8r and gohn for saving me all the drat time :angel:

Aww, thanks for the repairs today on my heavy tank adventures

I think the vehicles have different usefulness based on different play styles. I am pretty poo poo with the artillery truck, even when I try and play conservatively with it. OTOH, I like the heavy tank and tend to play a bit more aggressively with it. I like the light flanker, but the autocannon is kinda finicky for me and for whatever reason I don't play well with it.

We can all agree that the land ships are loving garbage and a total waste of a spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Jay_Zombie posted:

I see that there's a SA club on Xbone.

Is this a thing I should join?

Not unless you like blowing poo poo up and being awesome