Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thing I want from this season: less Felicity subplots. It really got out of hand last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was just annoyed with how the Palmertech subplot somehow ended with her being fired from owning the company. Like, okay, they can make it so she isn't CEO but they can't take away the fact she owns the majority of the stock.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I want Thea to address this season is how Felicity basically stole her apartment. Because it went from Thea buying a place for her and Oliver to live, Oliver moves out of town to live with Felicity, they move back into town and Thea moves out so Oliver and Felicity can have their own place, Oliver moves out because Felicity breaks up with him and now Felicity is living in Thea's apartment on her own.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't see this mentioned yet but Stephen Amell says he wants to try and be on American Ninja Warrior. Apparently only two people have completed the entire course.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's a kind of neat thing that Stephen Amell posted on Facebook.

Its the call sheet for the very first day of filming for the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They put out a trailer for the new season and everything looks pretty much the same.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they said what they're going to do next season when they can't do flashbacks any more?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty sure we saw Felicity's new boyfriend at the PBA thing from the beginning of the episode.

mastajake posted:

In Thea's apartment!

It's just getting completely ridiculous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think he was the one talking to the Captain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

We already saw a sketch of Vigilante's mask in the premier. I'm not really feeling this guy playing Chase though. Might make it easier when he pops himself down the line.

I have a hard time taking him seriously because the last thing he was on he played a real loving dumbass.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

also i can't remember who the guy lance was sticking close to this episode is but rn he's my guess for prometheus

He's the new DA, Adrian Chase aka the Vigilante.

Also it's kind of goofy how Oliver has gotten in to the house stealing seeing as he's been hanging out in the old Hive base.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interesting to see that they're talking about Kord Industries again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't he on some NBC show or something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something that's kind of bugging me is Curtis' Mr Terrific hair. There's no way he's just quick changing into that and back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something that kind of bugged me about the episode was that the people on the list were all involved in some way with the "Undertaking" and Oliver didn't bring that up at all. It wasn't like Oliver was just murdering people for no reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So they might be pulling a bait and switch with the Vigilante thing because this week's episode had a separate credit for "voice of Vigilante."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That ghost Roy effect was just shockingly bad.

Scyantific posted:

Calling it now, Curtis is going to perfect his T-Spheres with help from the alien tech.

E: Scope out this throwback picture Paul Blackthorne posted to his Facebook. Gotta love Barrowman just being called "Well-Dressed Man"

Well, remember, when the show started they were hiding his identity so that's just what the character was credited as.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

It's Roy. He's just perfected his flipping game.

I actually did think of Roy when Oliver talked about recognizing a move just as Prometheus did that sick flip.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Get ready for another crossover event as every CW DC show got renewed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that Thea has been completely absent for this Black Canary stuff. Going to be kind of awkward when she comes back and sees some random new person that she had no voice in choosing hanging around taking the name.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the best thing for Prometheus is that he's totally the guy they think he is and he's just some random guy and not in their lives at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was a recent interview that explained Thea's absence and its just that they only have Willa on a contract for 14 episodes this season. Also stated was that they don't currently have any plans for Laurel to return.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Urban Contemporary Siren.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The crooked cop lady definitely seemed the odd woman out in that trio.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cran posted:

In all this excitement with Prometheus turning out to be Chase, allying with Talia, and Vigilante being an unknown, I wonder if I've missed something; where on earth has Evelyn gone off to?

She's disappeared so thoroughly it feels like there was a deleted scene having her leave/get killed for how little anyone cares about her. Nobody even mentions her any more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I miss Sirens.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With all these extra hero characters I'm wondering if they're finally going to write Thea off the show. She's barely done anything other than the Invasion episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is probably safe to assume they have some plan where he shows up again before the finale. They probably can't really afford to keep an open spot for him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I kept on expecting the guy to be a reveal but maybe they just decided to save some money by having a crew member wear a bag on their head?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tiggum posted:

It's weird, because they call the main show universe Earth 1, the one Wells and Jessie and Zoom are from Earth 2, the one Jay's from Earth 3, but then for Gypsy's and Supergirl's they jump straight to 19 and 38?

Gypsy's is Earth-19 because they were trying out a bunch of Harrison Wells before they got to HR.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really like new Black Canary. So far it seems like the only things about her are that she's competent and likable. I hope they connect her more to the show, right now she could go back to her own planet at any point and it wouldn't change much.

It helps that there's very little drama around her, unlike everyone else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Super disappointed that the climax didn't hinge on Felicity being able to do a chin-up. The set up was right there and everything!

That was definitely what I expected from all the ladder stuff at the end.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oracle posted:

Probably got kidnapped by Chase.

He was still around when Chase was caught.

Something I thought was kind of goofy about the episode was the reveal that Oliver's terrible beard in the first episode was fake.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah that's clearly setup for a future return if they want one.

They don't even need to explain it. "Malcolm, how did you survive?" "I used to be Ra's Al Ghul".

Not going to happen any time soon as Barrowman has said that he's not showing up on any of the shows next season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm sure we might get a flashback to that then.

I doubt it, we already got him talking about it and there really isn't that much more to it.

bamhand posted:

I think we can all agree that the character that died was Amell's flashback wig. I hope they just start showing clips from season 1 next season.

My favorite part of the finale was him putting on a loving wig over his wig and then also a fake beard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On Supergirl she fought Superman (who was being mind controlled sort of) and beat him. Afterwards he straight up says he was at 100% strength and she beat him fair and square. Also Mon-El left Earth forever because Lena Luthor created a device that put a bunch of lead into Earth's atmosphere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's busy murdering a bunch of people to infuse his rags with souls again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

I missed the part where he suddenly got long hair and a beard. What happened there?

Anatoly gave them to him when they were setting up the plan. It was a wig over his wig and a fake beard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And then they went and brought Deadshot back two more times anyway. Once as an alternate universe Floyd Lawton and then again this last season as a hallucination/ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's Gotham showed that WB really doesn't care much about keeping things separate any more seeing as they introduced their own Ra's (played by Alexander Siddig) complete with Lazarus Pit as well as revealing that one of the side characters' "real" name was Cyrus Gold.

• Locked thread