Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Running on an unrezzed piece of ice that’s in front of a rezzed piece of ice, the corp will just assume you have the means of breaking the rezzed ice in your hand so they’ll have to pay to stop you from passing the unrezzed ice. Hope it’s not a sentry I guess.

That’s it, I think???

Midrun femme off a stimhack.

You hit a weak server you're equipped for, then siphon HQ.

I'm also curious if it make Deva shenanigans worth it; as you only need to drop one to open up the whole box of swapping them in and out.

All that just makes me think of LLDS shenigans, really. I was eyeing deuces wild and thinking that expose effects let you know what you need to drop later, but chameleon for a buck doesn't sound too bad.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Shockeh posted:

How the loving fuckity gently caress is a card that names any card a silver bullet. :psyduck:

Name what you're likely to use it against.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

Houdini, Blackstone, and presumably a similar Killer make me wonder about a Smoke deck running Escher to stack ICE types together on servers and make running super-efficient.

Wouldn't Panchatantra/paintbrush and Surfer work as well? Just break one barrier really efficiently.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

"Oh I took a scorch, better draw 3 more cards before the second one hits."

Would subcontract be a way to throw multiple kill cards out there without a chance for interruptions?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

2$ a click is kind of the standard netrunner valuation though. People be spoiled by diesel, quality time, drug dealer etc. For an offturn ability, I'd say thats pretty good.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

There's no way to do it without relaunching the game, but the best idea I heard was just make it four agendas to win and every agenda requires three advancements and just make every agenda have an amazing ability when it is fired

I'd also accept reprints of 3/1 agendas all as 4/2's. Or possibly just the same ability in any point flavors you like - maybe give the 5/3's an improved version of the ability.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Question regarding paid ability windows:

I've heard things and references on netrunnerdb card reviews to things like installing a hades shard and using it before jackson can be rezzed and fired, and i'm wondering how it works exactly.

If there's a paidabilitywindow and both sides want to play abilities during that window(i know the active player goes'first'), is there a back and forth between each ability use, or does one player just stack up everything they want and then the other sides stuff goes afterwards?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Dang. I was trying to figure out if I could use a scored firmware upgrades and/or a mumbad construction co along with morph ice to change an ICE's type after the runner had already paid to match it.
Looks like that is probably a no.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I kind of get the feeling that Yog.0 was strength 2 during playtesting, and would have been perfectly acceptable like that. Even within the first few core/sets, it just means it gets you through enigmas and quandaries just fine, and to really make use of it - hey, you need support cards, just like everythign else.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Probably dumb suggestion for a completely overhauled netrunner: each Corp deck has a sideboard of ice, around 10? Maybe have the number depend on the ID. Anyways, you can search that sideboard to install ice the same way you can normally install ice, just all your ice doesn't take up hand or deck space. Then you'd have much more fine control over positional ice and tempo ice, never worry about getting flooded or starved, and have a bunch more deck slots without increasing variance.

Might be interesting if you still had to have an ICE card in your deck (like Dominion has "Gold" cards) so you could just fetch from the board, but still need to draw (and design your deck around) the same number of slots, but not have positional/non-gearcheck problems. Would probably make Account Siphon *literally* unplayable, but I don't see that as a downside...

The only way this would work is if you have flavored 'ICE' cards - Ice: code gate, Ice: Barrier, Ice: Sentry along with Ice: Any. You still have to choose proportions and what kind of ice, its not pure quantum-rezzing.

What you might have instead of an install tax is a flip-face-up tax, where you may pay a premium to rez a wild card ice in place(swapping in from your sideboard).

You still want to preserve the design idea of 'the corp has to float liquid credits to rez their defences' but because you can choose which ice on the fly, you want to tax the choice in the moment instead of when you install.

You could do something interesting like, say, have a few limit 1-per-deck generic ice cards that reduce cost, or a limited amount of standard ones that make you spread out among types, or ones past that that cost more but do interesting things like give it an extra str or routine. Nothing major, but just enough to make the game a touch more interesting.

Edit: Question regarding type/subtype shenanigans like Enforcer/Panchatantra: Do they explicitly care about subtypes, or just the text?
I'm curious if IP block and haas arcology AI have any interactions. It doesn't mention subtyles, just 'ai' and 'installed'.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 7, 2016

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Whatever happened to Jesminder anyways? Has anyone done anything with her aside from the obvious Maya interaction? Her ability is surprisingly narrow compared to standard runner design.

I think my inclination would be comet, siphon, femme, test run, code siphon. Maybe a planned assault or ppvp in there depending on influence.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Hannibal Rex posted:

It's a bad card.

It costs 3 to play, runners are rich and are playing Sports Hopper against Weyland for extra link. If it sees any semi-successful play at all, it's going to be in a janky Making News deck, which can boost the trace and also runs Closed Accounts to keep the runner poor, not in Weyland.

I'm fully prepared to eat my words, but I don't see that happening.

I'd be inclined to run it with reversed accounts and dedication ceremony. Sure, the runner can make money in a turn, but a 12 credit swing that brings them to 0 should be enough to pay for a trace and scorches.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

.... jemison astronautics was what I was waiting for. And also what I wanted before i even knew it.

Mars for martians looks lovely. It supports both full tagme and resource spam, looks like.

AgentF posted:

It's very clearly Mars Weyland. Not everything that's non-Earth is Space, you bigot.

Weyland: Paint the sands red(der) with boom.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

berenzen posted:

That being said, runners are the strongest that they have been, perhaps ever. Money has become incredibly easy for them to make, and despite some incredibly taxing ICE that's come down the pipeline, I think all 3 runner factions are exceedingly strong choices going into worlds. Likely runner decks that will be played are probably Andysucker, dumblefork, dyper shaper and whatever bullshit deck Dan decides to use the night before world's.

What are the best ways to make money for each of the various factions? I'm way out of date but curious

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Deleted by the time i clicked. what was this?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Jinteki.net is your friend! Welcome to the game!

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

You can do it, just believe in the heart of the cards and netrun like you have never run before!

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Honestly, weyland needs a sort of unique/core concept transaction operation which leans on their bad publicity to leverage good things.
Cuz like, you're not supposed to mess with weyland, cuz they'll kill you. What they really need is a Deuces Wild type card playing off of their whole them - but is actually worth the card slot cost.

Mean Green Corporate Machine
Operation- Transaction - grey ops
4-5 weyland influence. play cost 2$

Gain 5$ and choose one of the following options. You may gain a bad publicity to choose two different options.

Draw a card or gain a credit.
You may rez one card, reducing rez cost by your bad publicity.
Advance a piece of Ice or rezzed card
If you have 5-6-7? or more bad publicity, you may choose one: Gain click click, do 2 meat damage.

This card loosely based off of Green Level(1 for +2 and an action valued usually at 2$), successful demonstration(2 for +5 with condition), sweeps week(1 for +4 on first turn), and beanstalk(0 for 3), and medical research fundraiser(3 for +5, and the runner benefits too).
Powerful, sure. But giving your opponent 5 or more credits per run is too.

I think being able to add/remove power counters would be neat as well. at least that way helium deposits might actually do something.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Kaethela posted:

You can also get 15 credits in a click by hitting a Restructure with it. That's insane.

That good old Reversed Accounts->dedication ceremony can make for a hell of a turnaround this way.

Also, I just noticed he can recur Paywall Implementation, which is kinda cool.

(Color) Level Clearances too, but I think the most mileage is out of Blue where you can ignore the Double cost.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

WFGuy posted:

You can't use the word 'orange' with the Netrunner community! You know how many Deus Ex fans there are in it? You'll be inundated with "It gave me lemon-lime!" responses all day!

I have it on good authority the next mini-expansion/new factions will be in that same exactly pastel-lime color used for such drinks you mentioned now, just to rub the joke in.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Netrunner discussion: what color is quetzel's dress?

Trick question.

It is colored green and made of boom, just like my scorched earth policy.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Does bug out bag dodge end of turn hand limits?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Even if it did, are you gonna sink 6+ credits on something that can be Best Defensed before you can trigger it?

Is x treated as zero in play, no matter how much you spend on it or something silly like that?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Yithian posted:

It enabled a deck that could mill around 43 cards from R&D in a single turn by around turn 6.

Edit:

Take the corp's deck and throw it into the trash

This is amazing :discourse: I don't even play this game anymore and its amazing.

Is that draw engine useful for anything else?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

WE RIDE posted:

I'm playing in my first Netrunner tournament in a few weeks! It's an event for charity where players bid for pairs of IDs. I've ended up with Blue Sun/Quetzal.

I'm a relatively inexperienced player, I'm excited to play in this tournament and just mainly hoping not to get completely hosed. Any tips for strategies/builds for my IDs?

I'm not sure what the latest ban wave or rotation or anything is like, but I believe the idea is loosely:

Pack currents in blue sun, because employee strike turns off your gimmick, and its either that or play a blank id. Eliza's toybox is potentialy interesting, but you still need a way to leverage the money you can make.

Quetzal likes e3 feedback. Anarchs have some strong options, panchatantra may be worth importing if you want to make the most out of her ability. Its like a clickless paintbrush, surfer is also worth considering.

basic id page has some ideas. blue sun

the dumbest quetzal deck I know is here. Its outdated, but its got an amusing write up worth reading.

Otherwise i'm out of date and can't help much. Maybe other people can speak up as far as the current meta goes?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

WE RIDE posted:

Yep, we're using revised core, rotation & MWL 2.0. No OAI for my poor Blue Sun deck...

Am I reading this right, and there's no cycle 1 or 2 cards aside from reprints in core? dang. thats a lot of classic cards gone

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

New previews released.

Some wonderful hilarious new agendas.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

SSL Endorsement isn't the WORST agenda, but nobody's ever going to run Bacterial Programming, especially not for their deluded rationale about disrupting multiaccess.

I dunno, draw 7 cards when you score or steal it is pretty useful, and its better than that.

If anything, the use I see for it is force-feeding the runner another 5/3 for the punitive.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I have a few dumb rules question I can't find answers to at first glance. I've been out of the game a while, so.

Modded-> comet: does that let you play an event immediately, or next time you play?

Follow up: Unique cards in play trash duplicates. If you had multiple unrezzed copies, and were willing to accept that, could you double tap an MCA Austerity policy?

What about getting multiple jeeves to fire, by getting rid of(or recurring) the first one?

Why or why not?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

What about with different action sets?

I was reading the ufaq pasted into the card, here https://netrunnerdb.com/en/card/10067 and the source of the actions taken seems to matter.

if you play 3clix of operations, and advance something 3 times, for example? Both are a first time that hasn't been met before.

(I'm guessing this is a no, but also ground already tread)

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Kaethela posted:

If you spend three clicks on operations, then three more clicks on something else, you can't have Jeeves fire again. It's the first time you spend 3 clicks on the same thing, which means spending three more clicks on a different thing is the second time that turn you have done what Jeeves looks for.

Thank you for the explanation. So even if you had a second one, the opportunity for him to do work passed?

Elizabeth Mills posted:

No because if you have six clicks on your turn you need to score a 5/3 from hand, not dicking around with overwriting Jeeves to get 1 more click

Haha, yeah. Advancing cards was a bad example; the specific scenario I was thinking about involved jeeves an unloading an efficiency comittee, and then musing on what you could do with that. Play triples?

7 clicks and you can't advance anything.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I have a question about sacrificial clone:

it doesn't have 'cannot be prevented text', but is there an order to when things get trashed? If you have fall guys in play, can you prevent other resources from getting trashed? How does the timing work?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

All the trashes are simultaneous, but you can still use prevention effects so Fall Guys as well as Dummy Box should work.

Nice. LLDS energy regulator can save your console, at any rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Ropes4u posted:

Enchanted grounds is a great shop, I have no idea what the net runner scene is like but they are friendly, make decent coffee, and have a nice selection of games. There is also The Haunted Game Cafe in Fort Collins, as an added bonus Youngs Vietnamese restaurant next door is one of my favorite restaurants.

If you're going to fort Collins, Toy's Thai is also outstanding.

• Locked thread