Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You can preload this and play at midnight on release, lmao

Comes with a free Theme as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Block Comparisons:
  • Dragon Quest VII -- 11,632 Blocks (~1.42GB)
  • Pokemon X -- 13,799 Blocks (~1.68GB)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3D -- 28,832 Blocks (~3.52GB)
  • Earthbound -- 104 Blocks (~13MB)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Every day I open my 3DS and stare at the release date

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll be home late Friday due to AIDS. I just want to game :negative:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I will likely be asleep before the midnight release as well.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DancingShade posted:

The only dragon quest I've played is the copy I have for my 3DS. It's the one where you're some kind of fallen angel and there is a fairy girl with a train or something.

I forget how far I got in before I got bored and it's been on my shelf for a couple years. I guess I could get up and see what number or subtitle it has but ehhhh.

Did I miss much?

Go back to GBS. Your epic nonchalant attitude doesn't impress real gamers.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The non depressed troll who posts at 4am

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

An update on your order of Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past: currently out for delivery, expected to arrive before 8pm Thursday, September 15 :stare: :siren:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Tfw you can't decide whether to stay up super late to play this after it releases or go to bed super early and wake up at 4 AM to play it.

I'm doing both.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I played an hour of this last night and got some odd wall glitches where it would fade into blue like the sky

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Time to first slime kill: about 90 minutes. Not bad compared to the original apparently

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

A buddy of mine is on the fourth island and says there's still no jobs and he still hasn't seen a metal slime. Sounds like the slow burn of the original is still there in some ways. I don't mind it personally but just letting the ppl know.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i finished the first island

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

the fov is so drat small you end up walking into monsters every two steps in dungeons anyway so it's not that different than a normal dq game ahaha

it's weird how 9 handled this better

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This week has killed my gaming time but I look forward to finally playing more of this soon

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

P-Mack posted:

DQIV remake had it where characters like Torneko would do goofy poo poo that wasn't in the command list if you didn't use follow orders, dunno if there's anything like that in this one.

the Gaddabout/Dancer class in 6 did this even with Follow Orders on, it made boss fights pretty wild

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Finished the second island.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Can someone explain the Monster Munchies thing to me? I just got to that part and the entire thing was extremely vague and confusing, and I teleported to like 40 different screens just to leave the drat place. And tablets too? Dafuq how do I get more tablets?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Now that you have monster munchies any monster you fight has a chance of joining your Monster Meadow after battle. you don't need to use it or even have it on a person, it just stays in your bag now. One of the jobs you can get has abilities/passives that dramatically boost the chance of "catching" a monster, even to a 100% chance if you max stuff out, if you want to try catching them all.

For now the only way you get more tablets is by progressing through the story, youll find basically one NPC per town that will go back to the haven and give you a tablet. Tablets are little mini dungeons that are populated solely by one monster. They each have a boss (which can be pretty tough actually) and will give you a super seed when you first clear them. Eventually, youll unlock the ability to use the monsters youve captured inyour meadow to generate more tablets, which you can also share via street pass (this comes way later)

The important things about tablet dungeons are that a) drop rates are way higher than monsters in the wild so theyre allow you to grind for specific stuff a lot faster and b) the job level cap is way higher so you can get job levels easier in them. I think a lot of my post game time will be messing around with the tablet system.

that was alot of words but hopefully it makes more sense

Thanks, this is way better than the games explanation :cheers:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think what threw me off is how they combined both tutorials into like 4 lines total & I was struggling to figure out how the tablets were connected to anything

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i just got to the robot island, how far am i from getting Jobs?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

whats the difference between the two camera types? i cant see any

The 2nd option makes the L/R turns on the overworld nice and fast instead of the default slow. That's the only thing I've noticed

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

the woman whos like "the key to cuisine is control of the flame" etc. and then u talk to her BF and hes like this food tastes loving horrible its burnt

check back after the events unfold

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if i have access to tablet dungeons does that mean i unlocked the streetpass stuff? asking now so i can bring my 3DS with me tomorrow if need b.e.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DQ Builders seems decent but I'm not a fan of the genre in general so I'm gonna wait for it to be 20 bucks or w/e

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Paladins in IX were incredible, I ended up with two on my team and the final boss was doing like 13 dmg to them

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

there's no way in hell i'm going to make it to the special DLC island in time to get the XP spot and I'm a little miffed off about it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HELP me figure out how to get the thing. The second guy used to be a dancer but is now a farmer, where is he??

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Okay I found the dancing guy. Now I need to find the flower girl, where is she? Help I need XP

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Just as a heads up if you get the XP map you wont be able to kill anything, the enemies will WTFPWN j00.

I don't care as long as I have it unlocked (autism)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ok i got the Download Bar. What is the XP map called?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

COOL I DID ALL THIS poo poo JUST TO FIND OUT THEY REMOVED THE EPIC XP ISLAND ALREADY!!!!!!!! SWAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FML

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Man.. I just don't know. Maybe it's because my time is limited to weekend gaming, or a combination of things.. but.. I really want to like this game more than I actually do. It's hard for me to say that.. but it's true. I fully expect things to pick up once I unlock Alltrades Abbey but I feel like I've been reading this crappy robot story for 9 hours. I like that each island has its own little story but this one is especially long and grating on me. The camera is too zoomed in as well, and the menus are terrible.

I'm bummed out.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Still haven't unlocked jobs yet but I just finished southern spice island and it was supremely better than Frobisher

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I haven't played 1-3 but 6 definitely had the hardest bosses

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Drakeslimes are adorable

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

in the middle of a dungeon and two different characters maxed out their jobs, its so tempting to just leave, switch jobs, and redo the dungeon

I'll end up doing this since the dungeons are pretty straight forward

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm less excited for the 8 remake since it's already a masterpiece in my eyes. I'd probably feel similar if I had played 7 originally but w/e, it's how I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Locked thread