Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I haven't read the daily comic strip thread in years and years, but boy did this thread title bring back memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Esme posted:

Also the central conflicts of the very second storyline are apparently "Peter debunks sexual harassment charges against his buddy while navigating his wife's inept attempts to help with his job/do anything besides lounge around the bedroom in a negligee all day" which is so sexist it somehow wraps back around to funny :shepface:

This is quickly followed by a discussion about "females" on the Internet.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Carrasco posted:

"Billifold" is right up there with "monthly tarriff".

My dad says billfold. Though, he's almost seventy.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

They'll use Elias's shrinking spray to hide the camera then engage in a week long gaslighting campaign against JJJ to convince him there was no camera in the first place.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Cakefarts Carol posted:

won't a NY to LA roadtrip take the next decade or so due to the glacial pace of the strip?

I'll be shocked if they make it out of the state.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Excited to see the newspaper Spiderman retelling of the birth of Christ.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

he was broke, ect

Where the heck did this "ect" thing come from?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

This is my favorite thread on the forums.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

What ads are these?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Be reasonable, guys. This is an emergency to save the universe. It's not like they had time to pack bags for a vacation.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

It was after the Kraven thing with the diamond stealing monkeys

I'm pretty sure this is not what you meant, but I'm choosing to parse this as a diamond that was stealing monkeys.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

So aside from making fun of the comic, I am actually really impressed by the lettering in each strip. Each letter varies, so I believe it's all hand drawn, but the consistency is impressive and they're really nice looking letters. Fonts that are supposed to look hand drawn really put me off, but actually hand drawn lettering is really cool to see.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

assuming ronan isn't dead (which he totally is) couldn't they just tie down his comatose rear end to the outside? he apparently doesn't need to breathe

That would totally ruin the aerodynamics of the space ship.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Johnny Walker posted:

Hey so this origin story from 2001 just got posted in the other thread.

I like how the guy says he can lift 400 lbs no problem and then proceeds to lift two 400 lb weights plus the bar.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Johnny Walker posted:

I'm surprised they have a letterer more than anything.

If you look close, you can see each letter is unique, so it's hand-drawn instead of being a font. It always annoys me when I see "hand drawn" text where you can clearly tell it's a font. I think it's super neat to see the real thing, you don't see it often.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Nice job colorists

They're pharaohs now, okay?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

Remember this whole arc of Spidey in LA started with the road trip. That seems like years ago.

I mean if feels like a lot has happened, but really nothing has.

November 22nd, 2016:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh god i can relate to this. Say no, Pete. Be firm about it because, dammit, the amount of time she'll be pissed at you will last less than half of the time you'd both be miserable for in that trip

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

EorayMel posted:

Is underground phosphorescence a whole bunch of mauve-colored explosions?

Of course. Why do you think caving is so dangerous?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

To be fair, Kala, unless you've got a measured vial of youth juice in your back pocket, you've effectively murdered him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbf the hulk can run faster than him and isn't exactly impeded by the terrain. mj's there too and they got here in a boat, so even if he could pick up the two of them and run... where would he go?

Which leaves me wondering why the Hulk is just hanging out twenty feet from this guy's secret lab which is accessible only by hovercraft.

Also I like the idea of making a new thread each year.

• Locked thread