Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Unleash the Iain M Banks references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Really, the human faction quest in ES2 should just be about Horatio becoming the Horatio.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Lichtenstein posted:

Frankly, I'm more hype about EL's new expansion. The seas are like the #1 gap to fill in that game.

I definitely agree with your hype. The Nautilus Pirates were one of my favorites in Alpha Centauri and I can't wait to see what Amplitude does with the Auriga Yacht Club in EL.

e: Mokinokaro, rehost those three pictures in the OP that aren't on Imgur.

Tanith fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 19, 2016

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Tulip posted:

I think that before ES2 was a thing, the 'canonical' end to EL was Vaulter's quest victory.

There's a lot of art for the game with humans, so I'd actually think we might see two human majors, plus probably the Vaulters and Horatio as minors. Otherwise the most awesome piece of art wouldn't make sense

Am I going crazy, or did you flip this image horizontally for some reason? I could swear that when I saw this as a loading screen, it was going the other way.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Finally won my first game as the broken lords in space. It was a close thing, but fortunately a forced cease fire expired in time for me to murder the cravers before they won by score.

Is there any guide to the hero ships or why I would take one ship type over the other? (Flag, drop, limo?)

Are symmetrical weapon mounts on either side of a ship just cosmetic as far as damage-dealing goes?

Is there something I can mouse over that actually tells me how much manpower is being added to a fleet in orbit per turn? Mousing over individual ships tells me they should be getting their full compliment in one turn, and clearly that's not happening.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

I think I've got this sea monster thing down now.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Spanish Matlock posted:

You can't raze enemy cities until they're done being little shits about being taken over.

Play Cultists, problem solved. :v:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
The Unfallen also sound kind of like a Scottish Bentusi, and look like Battlefleet Gothic Eldar. I can get on board with this.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

:getin:

e:
Managing manpower as the Vodyani seems unnecessarily difficult, I've spent a lot of time just hovering over things, trying to figure out how it worked. I seriously misinterpreted how important Chain Gang is.

Here's a headscratcher from ES1.

Tanith fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 12, 2017

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
So I've noticed a bizarre, creeping problem in this current playthrough. Committing some sort of action with some sort of immediate consequence has some sort of cumulative delay over several turns until it eventually doesn't register at all. The UI will make whatever noise you get when you press the button, whether adding an improvement to a colony queue, saving skill points on heroes, and game-breakingly, being unable to either fight or retreat from a battle.

I can still do things like min/max event notifications, zoom in and out of planets, open the management screens and select which hero skills I want to put points into.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Antti posted:

How do you send pops from one system to another? I can really break the game with riftborn if you can do that.

If you have a level 2 colony, you have a spaceport that shows up here.

Pick up your citizens as you would if you were transferring them to a different planet...

...And let the cravers die in space.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
e: missed a page, not pertinent.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Generic Octopus posted:

Some dude is working on something like this over on Amplitude's forums. Not certain how confident I am in it but Amplitude gave it the ok so I guess we'll see.

That's really cool, thanks for sharing! Wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Helion posted:

Free amplitude game weekend.

No more EL.

EL2 is not being worked on.

Community game is live by which exploring systems in ES2 unlocks things for everyone.

I think Penumbra is the last for ES2 as well, that part was hard to understand as audio was bad.

No real hints toward the future.

Stream was a bit of a downer for me tbh. I'd love a new game announcement.

How about an Android port of Dungeon of the Endless?

:smith: