Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I assume the new director will be White Nick Fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Jetfire posted:

I'm really happy the loud short-haired agent (Piper?) is back.

From http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2000-10-25

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Radio! posted:

Wrong, it's John Hammond and after the collapse of his theme park business he went into government work. But has he truly left his past mistakes behind?

This season introduces Devil Dinosaur.

Sadly I think Fox gets the Savage Land.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

X-O posted:

I loved that they took the rocket launcher scene out of the comic for Ghost Rider's intro.

You don't happen to have that on hand, do ya? My google-fu is weak tonight and it's not pulling it up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thanks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

How about a unicycle ghost rider?

You haven't heard of the Unipiper? He's Portland famous.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

Finally caught the premiere on DVR. I've given up on all other comic book shows but good to see that AoS is still going strong. The new Director's identity was spoiled in promo materials right? I've managed to avoid it all so far. Hopefully the next episode opens with Coulson and the new guy meeting.

We know who's playing him, not who he is in-universe. Just "some character with a Marvel history".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I kinda feel like after all the Hydra stuff AND all the Hive stuff, May would be the first to tell Coulson "Hey that box that drove everyone insane may have affected me and I'm seeing weird poo poo now". If they drag out her not telling anyone it's going to be really stupid.

She may have thought it affected him and didn't want to give it away.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I've only seen a few episodes of Jessica Jones. The paranoia/stress was resonating a bit too strongly with me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Radio! posted:

I can't imagine that many people actually watch the VP debate, do they?

Doesn't matter who watches it, it matters who broadcasts it, and all the broadcast stations will be doing that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kammat posted:

Oh crap I forgot Luke Cage drops Friday. There goes my weekend!

I'm headed out of town for Rosh Hashannah. That's gonna be bugging me all week until I get back to normal life.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

This is a great show for when I should probably be working on something but don't really feel like it. I'll pay attention to it while I'm watching, so it's not exactly just a background noise show, but I never feel like I absolutely need to see the next scene/episode so it's easy to put down when I need to get things done.

That's how I like to watch shows as well. I watch a lot of the same stuff as my brother so occasionally I message him with a "what happened after X?" but most of the time I can keep up pretty well as long as I don't watch the intricate shows.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Season 1 Fitz would poo poo himself if he saw Season 4 Fitz's badassery. Little scientist buddy was straight-up destroying these mooks, no fucks given. "It's rudimentary science." :science:

Pasty geek Shield agent is still a Shield agent.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I don't remember, did she shoot Ward? Now's her chance.

E: erm, paintball or something. I don't want Dalton shot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

flosofl posted:

To be honest, I think it was "just a party". But they talked about how Yo-Yo needed to get the dress for the wedding and other wedding things before the lights went out.

Yo=yo went across the country to attend, it was a bachelorette party.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Alright, so give us the play-by-play. How many seasons do we have to struggle through before it picks up?

Season 1 is a mix of okay and bad, usually in the same episode. Season 2 they start embracing the campiness and that's really when it takes off.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

One question about the episode - so it turns out that the Aussie guy was responsible for the Watchdogs hacking into the :airquote: secure :airquote: server with the list of all the names and up to date locations by, uh, giving them access to his watch.

Who loving designed this system and thought that would be a good idea?

Somebody forgot to sanitize their inputs. Daisy could have put everyone in the wind by putting in the watch's location as DROP TABLE Inhumans;

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

pee out my butt posted:

Well, we don't have any evidence that the spirit of vengeance inside Robbie isn't Grant Ward.

It hasn't been creepy at Daisy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I propose a different compelling narrative to counter your compelling narrative: one of the Darkhold scientists ordered the hit to put pressure on Eli. Good reason to beat someone into a coma, eh?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

homullus posted:

This is good, but haven't all those ghosts already been busted?

Yeah, so instead of Robbie confronting the person who wronged him, you have Eli keeping the truth secret from them to keep Robbie from doing exactly what he wound up doing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I propose a different compelling narrative to counter your compelling narrative: one of the Darkhold scientists ordered the hit to put pressure on Eli. Good reason to beat someone into a coma, eh?

Boom shakalaka

E: hmm, after finishing the episode I think I'd call it boom shak at best.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 2, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

What could be worse than an evil magical science experiment sending you to Hell?
An evil magical science experiment sending you to Hell and thinking "not again".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Also to be fair, most of us are self-aware we're doing that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

They air on broadcast, though not a major station. MeTV runs a bunch of old shows, and those two are among them. Great "need something that isn't a talk show or a soap opera" daytime TV options. Kojak in particular is wonderful.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Azhais posted:

I'd honestly never heard of Ironsides outside of the context of civil war ships before now tho.

He definitely wasn't as iconic. Raymond Burr was MUCH more famous for Perry Mason, and the only really notable shtick for Ironsides was his wheelchair. Kojak had character; he was the kind of guy who could bust a dealer with every dirty trick this side of Miranda, and on the car ride back to the precinct they'd chat about growing up on the same block.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Serf posted:

Maybe its some weird cultural thing, but when I was using a wheelchair as a kid, people called me Ironsides. That's like shorthand for people in wheelchairs for some reason. I didn't even know what it was a reference to until I was in college.

And growing up I didn't know what Kojack was but I knew who Kolchak was for some reason (syndicated TV I guess).

It's fascinating how something can be so iconic to one person while completely unknown to another. A few weeks ago I made a reference to "I don't want to set the world on fire" (Fallout 3 intro music, though I knew it before then) and my brother, who I thought had the same pop culture exposure and love for old music as I did, had never heard of it. Then the tables were flipped when he found out I'd never heard of Watch Me (whip/nae nae) which apparently is the new macarena or something kids these days rabble rabble.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

When Aida read the book was it just 1s and 0s?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

bio347 posted:

I really like that whole sequence. The use of the speedster to enhance what everyone else is already doing is a pretty clever use of the power.

It was clever when Saved by the Bell used to do it, and it still works.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I hated it. Cramming two half-hour mini-episodes into every hour-long episode really messed with the pacing, and stuff like Oy, What a Knight just made me go watch Mel Brooks instead. There were parts I loved, but they didn't outshine the bad enough for me to stick with it for season 2.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lzMLoY4aHE

First Slingshot episode is up.

Edit: oh, all 6 are.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Now the big question, will they call this guy Quicksilver?"
*3 minutes later*
"...or just Lead"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

Ah yeah, forgot about that. She was indeed there.

My brother did the same thing. So focused on figuring out the second LMD that he forgot about the one in plain sight.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Piriwi posted:

And just to be clear... he is the Superior right? Last episode people here were talking about other possibilities, but I figured there was supposed to be no doubt that it was him.... then the intro of this episode made it sound as if he is actually yet another henchman.

He is the guy in charge who underlings have been calling the Superior and has given no hint of reporting to someone else. He is the Superior, some folks just can't take a hint.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

OK, now try again in English.

In the mythology of actors, people feel they need to be better writers than the writers themselves. Hence the claim of improved lines for anything that's delivered well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Space Crabs posted:

Wait, Didn't the watchdogs setup that huge elaborate plan specifically to get Mace's case of super soldier serum?

That one soldier even targeted the vial specifically to keep Mace from reaching it while they were fighting.

They should already know he's not an inhuman right?

They wanted to kill Mace. The goon shot the vial because Mace was clearly trying to reach it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

We need names for LMDs Mack, Coulson, Mace, and Daisy...and maybe Fitz?

Mech, LMDaisy... Couls2?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Macebook. Wants everyone to "like" him and full of overly-perky marketing speak.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

It is a testament to this episode that I almost forgot that happened. How long was that episode?

Just an hour, but man it felt otherwise. By the Daisy army I was "it's not over yet?" (in a good way) and that was just 20 minutes in.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Not a coin flip, it's in both but each one sees themselves as "me". Whenever this shows up in movies and such (The Prestige for example) the narrative just follows the one that makes for an interesting story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Excuse me, I believe the proper term is "Daisy Fleet"

The collective noun is a field of Daisys.

• Locked thread